Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: How about Kenny Lofton?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    How about Kenny Lofton?

    He is a FA.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the Mets? He'd be a useful player. One problem with him is he can't hit leftys anymore, and the ideal player for the Mets would be a righty.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ehhh... Na. Like Weaver said, no need for a lefty bat.
    I think the loss of Alou is going to be tough but some people are taking it to a point like we lost David Wright.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    2,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    He is a clubhouse cancer.
    Fixed.

    BTW: Wang got smoked today. FWIW.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks! View Post
    Fixed.

    BTW: Wang got smoked today. FWIW.
    Oh I know...you worried? I'm not.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    2,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Oh I know...you worried? I'm not.
    Nah. It just came across wfan.com so I thought I would give the happy news.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks! View Post
    Nah. It just came across wfan.com so I thought I would give the happy news.
    ...

    Chien-Ming Wang just spoke to the media. He said he was trying to throw too hard, overstriding and that led to his sinker being up. When sinkers are up, they get hit.

    He went to the bullpen to throw 20 more pitches and made the adjustment.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockland, New York
    Posts
    5,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    ...
    What is cause for concern is that this happens to him every now and then. Of course his sinker is one of the best pitches in baseball, but if the location is off, he's going to get smoked because his secondary pitches aren't good enough to hold up on his own.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    He is a FA.
    See Chavez....See Pagan....

    We have enough of those types already.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is Brad Wilkerson doing these days, maybe he could be a Met...

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    What is Brad Wilkerson doing these days, maybe he could be a Met...
    Seattle.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    What is Brad Wilkerson doing these days, maybe he could be a Met...
    Signed with Seattle for 3 million when it became obvious that Adam Jones was about to be traded.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    you know what is funny, like a month ago I got hammered for claiming that the Mets line-up was not stable and they should really go after another bat.

    All I said was that Reyes, Wright and Beltran are the only sure things and everyone else was a question mark and I got killed for it.

    I mean hammered, I wish I could find it...

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    you know what is funny, like a month ago I got hammered for claiming that the Mets line-up was not stable and they should really go after another bat.

    All I said was that Reyes, Wright and Beltran are the only sure things and everyone else was a question mark and I got killed for it.

    I mean hammered, I wish I could find it...
    I got hammered for it about a week ago.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    I got hammered for it about a week ago.
    Part of the reason ya got hammered for it because you implied that Craig Wilson was the magic cure-all for the teams problems.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    I got hammered for it about a week ago.
    my biggest problem with the Mets and the Met fan...and I am in no way a Met hater..

    is that they fall in love with career back-ups...

    for years it was stuff like "Pratt could start for any team" or "I love Payton and Benny in the outfield" or even Valentin at 2nd...

    I just feel they never look to upgrade...I mean it took them years to go after a stud pitcher in his prime....

    it would frustrate me if I were a Met fan

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Part of the reason ya got hammered for it because you implied that Craig Wilson was the magic cure-all for the teams problems.
    Brad Wilkerson... was a available. I'm sure there was a few players available in a trade or free agency that we don't know of or remember. It isn't our job to research them.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Brad Wilkerson... was a available. I'm sure there was a few players available in a trade or free agency that we don't know of or remember. It isn't our job to research them.
    Brad Wilkerson = Craig Wilson, but requiring a Major League Deal.

    Seriously, short of going out and aquiring an everyday starting caliber player to be a 4th Outfielder/Backup 1B, which you would have to think whoever said player is would not be happy about that role, there wasn't much the Mets could do. I don't see how Brad Wilkerson/Craig Wilson are better then Brady Clark/Olmedo Saenz who do the same thing Offensively, except you might be losing a bit in defense.

    On an aside though, I wonder what it would take to pry away Matt Murton from the Cubs. He'd be nice for that role and shouldn't cost the world.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Brad Wilkerson... was a available. I'm sure there was a few players available in a trade or free agency that we don't know of or remember. It isn't our job to research them.
    I like Craig Wilson for the Mets...what is his story?

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Brad Wilkerson = Craig Wilson, but requiring a Major League Deal.

    Seriously, short of going out and aquiring an everyday starting caliber player to be a 4th Outfielder/Backup 1B, which you would have to think whoever said player is would not be happy about that role, there wasn't much the Mets could do. I don't see how Brad Wilkerson/Craig Wilson are better then Brady Clark/Olmedo Saenz who do the same thing Offensively, except you might be losing a bit in defense.
    What makes you think a Pagen/Chavez/Clark/Saenz is better than a Wilkerson or Wilson?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us