From various blogs.

March 6, 2008
First cuts

The first cuts have been made. Unofficially, Jon Niese, Bobby Parnell, Brant Rustich, Ivan Maldonado, Adam Bostick and Mike Nickeas are among the players headed to minor-league camp.
-- Damn wanted to see Niese and Parnell again. Both looked good.

March 6, 2008
Easley and Anderson return tonight

How about that? The Mets have two players returning from injuries today. Damion Easley and Marlon Anderson are both on the travel list for tonight’s game against the Nationals.
-- Good news.

Sanchez aims for weekend

Duaner Sanchez expects to pitch at some point this weekend as he tries to cope with this ongoing case of "general soreness."

One red flag from this conversation though: Sanchez said he did feel tightness at the back of his right shoulder - but just "one time." As for manager Willie Randolph's suggestion that he might not be ready for Opening Day, Sanchez shrugged.

"Why don't we take it step by step," Sanchez said. "I don't want to say yes, I don't want to say no."
-- Worried about the situation some. Hopefully it's not going to be an issue although it would open up a spot for someone else to join the roster.

Pedro's start in jeopardy?

Didn't mean to scare you with that headline. Pedro Martinez is fine physically. The problem tonight could be the weather. The latest reports indicate a high probability of heavy rains from 6-10 p.m. Stay tuned.
-- This would be nice... So we can get to see him return to action the first time on TV tomorrow on ESPN.

No on Bonds and Sosa

GM Omar Minaya held a news conference in the dugout minutes ago to address the Moises Alou situation as well as the rash of injuries. He also was asked specifically about signing either Sammy Sosa or Barry Bonds. Minaya paused for a second before answering.

"It's fair to say we'll go with someone internal right now," Minaya said, smiling.
-- Wouldn't be surprised to see Sosa a met.

Ryan Church is still feeling the effects of his collision with Marlon Anderson on Saturday and was unable to participate in activities Wednesday.
"Not a good day," Church said. "Yesterday, I felt fine. Today, not so much." He felt randomly dizzy at times during a few morning drills and will not be cleared to return to the lineup until all his concussion symptoms have subsided.
-- Not concerned. He should be back soon.