Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Economy Bush Promised in 2000 and 2004 Should Kick in Any Time Now Right?!

The Great Economy Bush Promised in 2000 and 2004 Should Kick in Any Time Now Right?!

Well maybe not...

according to Hannity and Limbaugh these are good times and if it seems that the economy is bad.....well its just our [B]perception[/B] of it. In fact Rush limbaugh even says that the democrats are causing the recession because they keep talking about how bad things are :eek:

Believe it or not, the same lunatics that trust ExxonMobile to give us accurate information on global warming believe this sh*t too. :zzz::zzz:

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2417384]according to Hannity and Limbaugh these are good times and if it seems that the economy is bad.....well its just our [B]perception[/B] of it. In fact Rush limbaugh even says that the democrats are causing the recession because they keep talking about how bad things are :eek:

Believe it or not, the same lunatics that trust ExxonMobile to give us accurate information on global warming believe this sh*t too. :zzz::zzz:[/QUOTE]

No one with any sense at all bothers to listen to those clowns. They're show biz people not serious thinkers.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2417384]according to Hannity and Limbaugh these are good times and if it seems that the economy is bad.....well its just our [B]perception[/B] of it. In fact Rush limbaugh even says that the democrats are causing the recession because they keep talking about how bad things are :eek:

Believe it or not, the same lunatics that trust ExxonMobile to give us accurate information on global warming believe this sh*t too. :zzz::zzz:[/QUOTE]

So what, IYO, is wrong with the economy? What criterion do you use?

[QUOTE=asuusa;2417996]So what, IYO, is wrong with the economy? What criterion do you use?[/QUOTE]

well the dollar is pretty weak, no one can keep a mortgage....

prices of gas and food are rising....

[QUOTE=piney;2418026]no one can keep a mortgage....[/quote]

Part of this is because the economy has been good...when the economy is good, consumer confidence goes up and since home-ownership is the American dream, people tend to buy houses, often bigger than they can really afford.

Banks don't help the situation, although, back in the clintoon era, a friend of mine in the banking business told me there was lots of gov pressure to lower the bar for some (mostly blacks in our area) so they could enjoy the American dream of owning their own home. Also the fed Rural Dev. program will give 100% loans or guarantee bank loans to lower income folks if they qualify!

If you use your head and don't buy a house you really can't afford, now is a great time to buy a house....prices are down and so are intrest rates.

I just bought a bank repo that I'm going to flip...I should have it ready for resale in a month and even at a conservative price, I should make 30-35% profit!

[QUOTE=asuusa;2418105]Part of this is because the economy has been good...when the economy is good, consumer confidence goes up and since home-ownership is the American dream, people tend to buy houses, often bigger than they can really afford.

Banks don't help the situation, although, back in the clintoon era, a friend of mine in the banking business told me there was lots of gov pressure to lower the bar for some (mostly blacks in our area) so they could enjoy the American dream of owning their own home. Also the fed Rural Dev. program will give 100% loans or guarantee bank loans to lower income folks if they qualify!

If you use your head and don't buy a house you really can't afford, now is a great time to buy a house....prices are down and so are intrest rates.

I just bought a bank repo that I'm going to flip...I should have it ready for resale in a month and even at a conservative price, I should make 30-35% profit![/QUOTE]

so then you are saying everything is good?

[QUOTE=asuusa;2418105]Part of this is because the economy has been good...when the economy is good, consumer confidence goes up and since home-ownership is the American dream, people tend to buy houses, often bigger than they can really afford.

I just bought a bank repo that I'm going to flip...I should have it ready for resale in a month and even at a conservative price, I should make 30-35% profit![/QUOTE]

Does anyone ever notice how it seems that everyone on these messageboards say they make money hand over fist?

BTW...It seems to me like there could be a little subtle racism contained in this post.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Golferjet;2418173]Does anyone ever notice how it seems that everyone on these messageboards say they make money hand over fist?

BTW...It seems to me like there could be a little subtle [U]racism [/U]contained in this post.[/QUOTE]

How so?

believe me the wealthy who wanted Bush in office so bad are reaping the awards

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=asuusa;2418105]I just bought a bank repo that I'm going to flip...I should have it ready for resale in a month and even at a conservative price, I should make 30-35% profit![/QUOTE]

Great.

Another house flipper.

[QUOTE=Golferjet;2418173]Does anyone ever notice how it seems that everyone on these messageboards say they make money hand over fist?

BTW...It seems to me like there could be a little subtle racism contained in this post.[/QUOTE]

Let's not turn it into that. This is a good thread that does not need a hijacked detour to the insatiable, unprovable racism topic...

A recession is as good as here. When will people face it? Or, maybe we can all just "flip" a house.

People just keep hanging on and hanging on in denial of every inevitable Bush failure despite the writing being smeared all over the wall each time... WMDs, unilateralism, Medicare Plan D, terror alerts, Plamegate, civil liberties, de-Baathification, Katrina, Rumsfeld's 9 lives, "We don't torture" and on and on and on and on... Defiantly stubborn to the bitter, bitter end.

The flavor of the month is the outright rejection that a recession is on the doorstep... despite a housing freefall, $2 trillion in Iraq, a plummeting dollar, $3.50 gas, a credit crisis, statospheric debt, and an abundance of "jobs" at Super WalMart and McDonalds and Home Depot.

The economy and the job rates were about the last thing this administration had to hang it's hat on, and even that is proving to be a mirage. What a legacy.

Just get out.
    Last edited by Press_Coverage; 03-07-2008 at 06:44 AM.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2418450]Let's not turn it into that. This is a good thread that does not need a hijacked detour to the insatiable, unprovable racism topic...

A recession is as good as here. When will people face it? Or, maybe we can all just "flip" a house.

People just keep hanging on and hanging on in denial of every inevitable Bush failure despite the writing being smeared all over the wall each time... WMDs, unilateralism, Medicare Plan D, terror alerts, Plamegate, civil liberties, de-Baathification, Katrina, Rumsfeld's 9 lives, "We don't torture" and on and on and on and on... Defiantly stubborn to the bitter, bitter end.

The flavor of the month is the outright rejection that a recession is on the doorstep... despite a housing freefall, $2 trillion in Iraq, a plummeting dollar, $3.50 gas, a credit crisis, statospheric debt, and an abundance of "jobs" at Super WalMart and McDonalds and Home Depot.

The economy and the job rates were about the last thing this administration had to hang it's hat on, and even that is proving to be a mirage. What a legacy.

Just get out.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to get into a big debate I am just going to state the following.

When the housing boom was occuring and the stock market and economy were humming from 2000 to 2005-2006 how come Bush was not given all the credit but now its bad and its Bushs fault?

Just totally ridiculous.

To blame a president (any president) for this is just baffoonary.

People who were foolish enough to spend over thier heads (not the banks loaning it to them) are to blame...plain and simple.

By Bye:yes:

[QUOTE=Stan Blinka;2418455]I'm not going to get into a big debate I am just going to state the following.

When the housing boom was occuring and the stock market and economy were humming from 2000 to 2005-2006 how come Bush was not given all the credit but now its bad and its Bushs fault?

Just totally ridiculous.

People who were foolish enough to spend over thier heads (not the banks loaning it to them) are to blame...plain and simple.

By Bye:yes:[/QUOTE]

Two words: fiat currency.

Not blaming solely Boy King for the housing crash. The point is, they're denying a recession is happening. They're constantly wrong. Why does anyone buy their crap any more?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2418457]Two words: fiat currency.

Not blaming solely Boy King for the housing crash. The point is, they're denying a recession is happening. They're constantly wrong. Why does anyone buy their crap any more?[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the world of politics...I am willing to bet the farm any presidency will put a spin on things ESPECIALLY when they are bad.

I also know that whoever is the next president there will be lots of critiscism of him or her as well.

We have it great compared to the rest of the world and yet everyone wants to paint a gloomy picture and nag about petty little nothings when for example people are starving or getting killed in other countries for no reason at all.

I am not sure what got in to me today...glad its Friday:yes:

Hmm what exactly is a recession does anybody know I surely dont I do know that everyone is scared of it. Im not Im scared of inflation. As everything rises in price not everybody has recievd a raise in thier salary at the same rate . The biggest culprit of the inflation situation is the big oil companies think about it everyone and everything depends on oil and everyone suffers. AND MR. BUSH HAS DONE VERY LITTLE ABOUT IT WHY ???? BECAUSE HE IS IN THE OIL BUSINESS ARE WE ALL THAT BLIND. AS GEORGE CARLIN WOULD SA F**K GEORGE BUSH .

[QUOTE=jerome barkum;2418475]Hmm what exactly is a recession does anybody know I surely dont I do know that everyone is scared of it. Im not Im scared of inflation. As everything rises in price not everybody has recievd a raise in thier salary at the same rate . The biggest culprit of the inflation situation is the big oil companies think about it everyone and everything depends on oil and everyone suffers. AND MR. BUSH HAS DONE VERY LITTLE ABOUT IT WHY ???? BECAUSE HE IS IN THE OIL BUSINESS ARE WE ALL THAT BLIND. AS GEORGE CARLIN WOULD SA F**K GEORGE BUSH .[/QUOTE]

George Bush is just the face of the operation. He is there because his simpleton ways appeal to simpleton people. The real muscle behind the operation is President Cheney, Bush's father and the special interest companies that have been discussed all over this site (Halliburton & Brown & Root, ExxonMobile, Boeing, Lockheed-Martin, Carlyle Group etc etc). They run the country and they rob the tax payers as the story in yesterdays Boston Globe proved....

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165135[/url]
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-07-2008 at 07:53 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Stan Blinka;2418455]I'm not going to get into a big debate I am just going to state the following.

[B]When the housing boom was occuring and the stock market and economy were humming from 2000 to 2005-2006 how come Bush was not given all the credit but now its bad and its Bushs fault?[/B]

Just totally ridiculous.

By Bye:yes:[/QUOTE]

in a nutshell....BDS....

sort of like let's tie the hands of the government to go after terrorists but whine like little b!tches when the "dots" are connected....

and on and on they go.....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Stan Blinka;2418455]When the housing boom was occuring and the stock market and economy were humming from 2000 to 2005-2006 how come Bush was not given all the credit but now its bad and its Bushs fault?
    [/QUOTE]

Housing boom?

Your home is worth "X" amount of dollars...so says the geriatric barbie lady who is going to make a percentage commission off the sale. Inflate, inflate, inflate. Curb appeal...location, location, location! Flip, buy, flip, buy.

[QUOTE=jerome barkum;2418475]Im scared of inflation. As everything rises in price not everybody has recievd a raise in thier salary at the same rate . [/QUOTE]

true inflation occurs with price and wage increases. We aren't getting the wage increases, this is stagflation. believe it or not, not as bad as it could be.

also let me say this whole thing isn't Bush's fault, clearly. But just like Katrina, he will get the blame because it is watch (and rightfully so). It's not fair but that's part of the job. The president also gets to take credit for the good things that aren't his doing, that's also part of the job.