Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: money talks

money talks

Obama raises 55 million dollars in the month of Feburary.

20 M more than Hill.

A TON more than McCain (not releasing numbers due to embarassment)

90% from donations of 100$ or less.

The Federal Election Commission on Thursday disclosed that national Democratic campaign committees were significantly out-raising their Republican counterparts for the first time since the commission started counting amounts raised by party committees.

[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-na-money7mar07,1,5383518.story[/url]

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2418485]Obama raises 55 million dollars in the month of Feburary.

20 M more than Hill.

The Federal Election Commission on Thursday disclosed that national Democratic campaign committees were significantly out-raising their Republican counterparts for the first time since the commission started counting amounts raised by party committees.

[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-na-money7mar07,1,5383518.story[/url][/QUOTE]

As Hillary said, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ChitownJetFan;2418496]As Hillary said, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR![/QUOTE]

Ohhhhh..how cryptic.

[SIZE="1"]the whisper is indeed getting louder[/SIZE]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Whooppeee!!

Higher Taxes!
    More Goverment programs!
    Open borders!

There is no choice anyway.

Obama and Clinton are effectively identical on the issues and McCain isn't far off (before his recent epiphany to woo the right)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2418485]Obama raises 55 million dollars in the month of Feburary.

20 M more than Hill.

[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-na-money7mar07,1,5383518.story[/url][/QUOTE]

I dunno, Obama (and Hillary to a lesser extent) are raising and spending 3-5x as much as McCain and yet, they are only a couple of point up in the general election polls.

Apparently money may talk, just not very well.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Piper;2418544]Whooppeee!!

Higher Taxes!
    More Goverment programs!
    Open borders!

Obama and Clinton are effectively identical on the issues and McCain isn't far off (before his recent epiphany to woo the right)[/QUOTE]

You had me at "Whooppee":yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

20 M more than Hill.

Umm, just saying here that maybe, just MAYBE that is somewhat due to the fact that they are both still fighting for their political lives and McCain has been pretty much a shoe-in for a month or more.

But don't let logic screw up your little 'everybody loves democrats' rant.

Remember when you used to claim to be non-partisan on these boards?

Ahhh fun times.

[QUOTE=JetFanTransplant;2418557]I dunno, Obama (and Hillary to a lesser extent) are raising and spending 3-5x as much as McCain and yet, they are only a couple of point up in the general election polls.

Apparently money may talk, just not very well.[/QUOTE]

Money always talks, don't give me that BS. If it was McCain, not Obama who raised 55 million dollars (in 30 days, 100 dollars at a time) you'd be singing a different tune.

[QUOTE=Piper;2418565]Umm, just saying here that maybe, just MAYBE [/QUOTE]

or maybe just maybe giving money to McCain is like flushing it down the toilet because the only way he has a fighting chance is if he's running against Hillary.

it is what it is, want to know who's gonna win, just follow the money. people don't just give their money away to people with no shot.

oh and I'm still proud to be independant, cannot vote in the dem primary in PA.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2418568]Money always talks, don't give me that BS. If it was McCain, not Obama who raised 55 million dollars (in 30 days, 100 dollars at a time) you'd be singing a different tune.[/QUOTE]

What tune am I singing? I don't know why you hit me with such an agressive response.

All I am saying is that with all the money they have been raising and spending, along with the obvious discontent for the current admin and the definitive lack of the republican base as of yet, the polls should be waaaay more decisive than they are.

I don't doubt that a dem SHOULD win this election in a walk. However, it is interesting to see just how tight it is at this point.

Get ready for it.

[img]http://www.visitingdc.com/images/jimmy-carter-picture.jpg[/img]

Jets Insider VIP
    Get ready for what?

[IMG]http://www.visitingdc.com/images/george-hw-bush-picture.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

20 M more than Hill.

Old lady judges watch people in pairs
    Limited in sex, they dare
    To push fake morals, insult and stare
    [B]While money doesn't talk, it swears
    Obscenity, who really cares[/B]
    Propaganda, all is phony.

- Dylan

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=JetFanTransplant;2418690]
    I don't doubt that a dem SHOULD win this election in a walk. However, it is interesting to see just how tight it is at this point.[/QUOTE]

As soon as the result from the Democratic "steel cage death match" primary is in, the Democrats are going to start pointing out how McCain supports all of the policies of the current administration. And that should end Senator McCain's chances.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Piper;2418544]Whooppeee!!

Higher Taxes!
    More Goverment programs!
    Open borders!

Obama and Clinton are effectively identical on the issues and McCain isn't far off (before his recent epiphany to woo the right)[/QUOTE]

I agree, Barack Rodham McCain will be the next President and the country will head down the crapper!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2418943]Get ready for it.

[img]http://www.visitingdc.com/images/jimmy-carter-picture.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

17% interest rates, inflation through the roof....but hopefully, just one term in office! :P

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2419009]I agree, Barack Rodham McCain will be the next President and the country will emerge from the crapper![/QUOTE]

fixed

[QUOTE=bitonti;2418569]
    it is what it is, want to know who's gonna win, just follow the money. people don't just give their money away to people with no shot. [/QUOTE]

No doubt. They also don't just give their money away to people without expecting anything in return.

So tell us, if we follow the money, who what where will it lead to?:littleguy

[QUOTE=Company_Man;2419161]
    So tell us, if we follow the money, who what where will it lead to?:littleguy[/QUOTE]

the winner and the future

[QUOTE=bitonti;2419169]the winner and the future[/QUOTE]

George Soros is our future? Good lord.