Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conservatives who root for Hillary

Conservatives who root for Hillary

I want the conservatives in this forum to sack up and say it - grow some balls and say the sentence you thought you would never have to utter:

I am rooting for Hillary Clinton to win the Democratic nomination for President.

I am all about Hillmentum.

I want Hillary to win because I'm scared of Obama.

Go ahead - say it! let those words pass your lips so you can feel the disgust they create.

I don't think you guys have the nuts, flat out. Im expecting alot of double talk in this thread but I don't expect anyone who is really ROOTING for Hillary to say those words!

you want to believe it - fine - i want to hear it! for shame!

[QUOTE=bitonti;2419164]I want Hillary to win because I'm scared of Obama.
    [/QUOTE]

I'm scared of Obama, Hillary, and McCain.

It's a lose, lose, lose situation.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Sorry. I feel just the other way.

I am not scared of Obama even a little. I think because of his inexperience he will be much more plyable to conservative concerns after Pelosi and her gang crap the bed and lose their majority by the mid-tem elections.

And maybe having a fresh face will make the rest of the career politicians susceptible in their districts.

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2419181]I'm scared of Obama, Hillary, and McCain.

It's a lose, lose, lose situation.[/QUOTE]

Scary is 4 years of Bush, 8 years of Clinton, 8 years of Bush and possibly 8 years of Clinton

28 years between two families. Almost three decades of dynasties. Yes, this is what our founding fathers dreamed about when we won our independance :zzz::zzz::zzz:

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2419181]I'm scared of Obama, Hillary, and McCain.

It's a lose, lose, lose situation.[/QUOTE]

Unless you're a Mexican.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2419198]Scary is 4 years of Bush, 8 years of Clinton, 8 years of Bush and possibly 8 years of Clinton

28 years between two families. Almost three decades of dynasties. Yes, this is what our founding fathers dreamed about when we won our independance :zzz::zzz::zzz:[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with your concept, but 2 of our first 6 Presidents were a father and son duo too, so that part is kinda wrong ;)

[QUOTE=Piper;2419182]Sorry. I feel just the other way.

I am not scared of Obama even a little. I think because of his inexperience he will be much more plyable to conservative concerns after Pelosi and her gang crap the bed and lose their majority by the mid-tem elections.

And maybe having a fresh face will make the rest of the career politicians susceptible in their districts.[/QUOTE]

see, I think it may work the other way. I think Obama's inexperience (which is sort of a buzzword, he has been in some form of government for longer that what his detractors say) will be a strength of his campaign.

Every time his opponent says he doesn't have the experience he can shoot back with how they don't have his judgement. His ability to use the war vote against his opponent will be a huge advantage with independents and undecided Dems, which I think will overshadow many of the real defects he has as a candidate.

He also will not have a long litany of double voting and flip flopping like his opponents.

I also think McCain's age is a bigger issue than is being discussed right now, and also, his penchant for getting whipped (his defeat to Bush was humiliating, he was personally insulted and attacked from day 1, and then he sort of became a Bush lapdog, which is a really big deal to me.)

I would have voted for 2000 McCain, but 2008 McCain is not an option for me.

I don't want another Clinton, so by process of elimination, I am for Obama. I sort of think many independents would break down the way I have.

Or maybe not....who knows...I am just a guy on a message board.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=piney;2419240]Or maybe not....who knows...I am just a guy on a message board.[/QUOTE]

Well said

Veteran
    I am rooting for Hil....Hila...Hilar..**cough***cough***cough

Sorry...I tried:bigcry::bigcry:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=piney;2419240]see, I think it may work the other way. I think Obama's inexperience (which is sort of a buzzword, he has been in some form of government for longer that what his detractors say) will be a strength of his campaign.

Every time his opponent says he doesn't have the experience he can shoot back with how they don't have his judgement. His ability to use the war vote against his opponent will be a huge advantage with independents and undecided Dems, which I think will overshadow many of the real defects he has as a candidate.

He also will not have a long litany of double voting and flip flopping like his opponents.

I also think McCain's age is a bigger issue than is being discussed right now, and also, his penchant for getting whipped (his defeat to Bush was humiliating, he was personally insulted and attacked from day 1, and then he sort of became a Bush lapdog, which is a really big deal to me.)

I would have voted for 2000 McCain, but 2008 McCain is not an option for me.

I don't want another Clinton, so by process of elimination, I am for Obama. I sort of think many independents would break down the way I have.

Or maybe not....who knows...I am just a guy on a message board.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't referring to the campaign, I was referring to his presidential term.
    I don't think McCain will ultimately win against either, partially because of Bush's unpopularity and partially because of his history which you articulated above.

[QUOTE=Piper;2419272]I wasn't referring to the campaign, I was referring to his presidential term.
    I don't think McCain will ultimately win against either, partially because of Bush's unpopularity and partially because of his history which you articulated above.[/QUOTE]

I will conceed that I think, under different circumstances, McCain would probably be the better president; but he is 8 years too late. I believe what would have made him great has been compromised...so now he is only a shell of what he was.

[QUOTE=piney;2419291]I will conceed that I think, under different circumstances, McCain would probably be the better president; but he is 8 years too late. I believe what would have made him great has been compromised...so now he is only a shell of what he was.[/QUOTE]

I've always kind of liked McCain, but I agree with you... his necessity to win over the conservatives has turned him into a shell. I still think he was the best Republican candidate, so I'm glad he is the nominee.

I wonder how different our situation in Iraq would be had he won the first time. Yes, he supported the invasion, but I gotta believe he would've handled it better.

[QUOTE=Stan Blinka;2419257]I am rooting for Hil....Hila...Hilar..**cough***cough***cough

Sorry...I tried:bigcry::bigcry:[/QUOTE]

LOL nice try

12 posts into the thread still no one can admit the truth!

SAY IT!

Hall Of Fame
    Bit, The Truth?? You can't handle the Truth!

Seriously, I will admit that I am rooting for Hillary to win the dem nod. So much so, that I actually voted for her in the TX primary and spent 4 hours at my polling place afterward to get my second vote in the caucus.

I am not cheering Hillary on because I "FEAR" Obama. I am pretty much resigned to the fact that a dem SHOULD win this one in a walk.

However, I subscribe to the "devil you know vs. the devil you don't know" theory.

Further, I am finding this whole in-fighting in the dem party amusing. It makes the news more watchable.

I am looking forward to seeing the Washington Insiders (aka super-delegates) determine who YOUR candidate will be.

FWIW - Not so sure why you are totally puffing your chest out in this thread though. You sound like a Patsy fan... easy to be smug when you are the front-runner.

[QUOTE=JetFanTransplant;2419405]
    Seriously, I will admit that I am rooting for Hillary to win the dem nod. So much so, that I actually voted for her in the TX primary and spent 4 hours at my polling place afterward to get my second vote in the caucus.[/QUOTE]

how long did you have to stay in the shower before the stink wore off? 4 days?

j/k thanks for your honesty

I think 4 years of Hillary will be entertaining.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2419412]how long did you have to stay in the shower before the stink wore off? 4 days?

j/k thanks for your honesty[/QUOTE]

Funny, when I got back in the car with my wife and kids I said I felt dirty and need a shower. LOL.

By-the-way, before someone says it... I read the story from Rush urging Republicans in TX to vote for Hillary AFTER I got home from the polling place (after the primary / before the caucus).

I chatted with about a dozen people that were at the caucus that were Republicans voting for Hillary for similar reasons.

[QUOTE=Company_Man;2419419]I think 4 years of Hillary will be entertaining.[/QUOTE]

She had a rally here not to long ago. That's where I took this photo.

[img]http://www.newmexiconuts.net/catalog/tumbleweed.jpg[/img]

Bit. Here it is

I am rooting for Hilary because I am scared of Obama.

He is relatively unknown, tapping into an entire group of people who really never voted before therefore their impact on the election is unpredictable.

He has no real record becuase he is such a young senator there is very little to attack. ( except his inexperience)

McCain's policies (especially the war) can be associated easily with the current ,not so popular(and rightfully so), administration.

I personally don't think he will win, but i certainly wouldn't put my money where my mouth is.

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2419454]She had a rally here not to long ago. That's where I took this photo.

[img]http://www.newmexiconuts.net/catalog/tumbleweed.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

Haha :D