Thread: A New Form of Gov't

Hall Of Fame

A New Form of Gov't

I personally think this countrys political system and (so called) form of Gov't is badly broken. It has been exploited over and over by the rich to the point of disgrace. Its obvious campaign contributions and lobbying by these people is what runs this country. The more influence you have on a politician due to MONEY the better chance you have to get what you want. Its obvious this is NOT how this country was supposed to work. This not only affects us but the entire world due to our strong influence. Is there anything that can be done to stop this country from destroying itself ? I think we are on the road to destruction in alot of ways. I think the real people attacking our freedom are the law makers themselves not who they want you to believe are doing it.

If you had to design a gov't using ours as a base what changes would you make to keep people from exploiting it ?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Smashmouth;2420816]I personally think this countrys political system and (so called) form of Gov't is badly broken. It has been exploited over and over by the rich to the point of disgrace. Its obvious campaign contributions and lobbying by these people is what runs this country. The more influence you have on a politician due to MONEY the better chance you have to get what you want. Its obvious this is NOT how this country was supposed to work. This not only affects us but the entire world due to our strong influence. Is there anything that can be done to stop this country from destroying itself ? I think we are on the road to destruction in alot of ways. I think the real people attacking our freedom are the law makers themselves not who they want you to believe are doing it.

If you had to design a gov't using ours as a base what changes would you make to keep people from exploiting it ?[/QUOTE]

it's been exploited by the rich yet hasn't been exploited by the poor??? or better said- the democrats have not exploited the poor (and keep them poor) for political gain???

as a rat politician once told me when I lived in Peekskill (an area with a lot of low income housing and a large % of poor in NW westchester)- [I]the poor are big business...[/I]

I don't think the country is "on the road to destruction"....that said I think changes in lobbying/lobbyists are a start [B]just as long[/B] as the same changes apply to unions and the influence of unions in congress- and an arguement can easily be made that unions have as much a hand in the "destruction" of the country (education system, out sourcing of jobs, etc) as anyone else....

Hall Of Fame
    Come Back to NY thank you for the response.

Hey Im aware the poor are doing their fair share and there are alot of programs that need to go away. Maybe that will get them up off their free loading asses and they can actully contirbute to the economy. But since our Middle class is now China,Mexico,etc....... will we be able to sustain this country ?

Im not going to say the Dems are the cause of this but it is gov't programs that are put in place that keeps people freeloading. If those programs were put to a stop it would force folks to go out and work. It would also possibly raise crime in alot of areas. This country already has the worst crime problem and murder rate in the world. There are alot of ways to look at things.

Hall Of Fame
    Also there are two ways to look at the unions . If they were run like they were supposed to be run and not corrupt just like our gov't is they would be much more benificial to this country and the american worker. I believe the only reason alot of big companies cry foul about the unions and what they force them to pay for thir workforce is so they can close up shop and move the factory out of the country in order to put more money in the pockets of the big boys who make the decisions. GM cries and cries yet they continue to put out a crappy product compared to the foreign auto companies. Is it the union worker making a decent living thats really hurting them or is it their engineers and the boys at the top not getting the job done :).

Hall Of Fame
    The auto companies are so full of **** its not even funny if you add up what they pay their workers as opposed to the profits they make its laughable. They have everyone fooled as to believe its all about the Unions. It absolute kills them that they have to pay a worker more money per hopur than they think is reasonable. So they want to dump 74,000 workers and move the factories to Mexico. Would 10 dollars and hour less be a fair wage ? Thats 740,000 dollars Is that whats breaking a multi billion dollar companies back ? 740,000 dollars ? Is it the health care and retirement they have to contribute to thats less than the 10 dollars an hour ? I wonder what this country will do when all the middle class manufacturing jobs go away completely ? This is where the destruction comes in. Will create more poor at the expense of the rich.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Smashmouth;2420836]Also there are two ways to look at the unions . If they were run like they were supposed to be run and not corrupt just like our gov't is they would be much more benificial to this country and the american worker. I believe the only reason alot of big companies cry foul about the unions and what they force them to pay for thir workforce is so they can close up shop and move the factory out of the country in order to put more money in the pockets of the big boys who make the decisions. GM cries and cries yet they continue to put out a crappy product compared to the foreign auto companies. Is it the union worker making a decent living thats really hurting them or is it their engineers and the boys at the top not getting the job done :).[/QUOTE]

I agree with you....and I belonged to a pair of different unions for 15 years and experienced first hand how they helped destroy the work place....

they fought harder for the employees who were regualarly and always at the bottom of the barrell due to their own laziness then the people who went to work, broke their ass and produced every year....

"democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried"

sir winston churchill