Thread: Carolina vs. Duke

Carolina vs. Duke

The winner gets:

The ACC title
    The #1 seed in the East for the NCAA tourney
    The first two rounds played in Raliegh Durham and the regionals played in Charlotte. That is 4 quasi home games to get to the final 4.

I am in my mid thirties and cannot remember a Carolina /Duke regular season game with this much on the line.

GO HEELS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan_Johnny View Post
    The winner gets:

The ACC title
    The first two rounds played in Raliegh Durham and the regionals played in Charlotte. That is 4 quasi home games to get to the final 4.

I am in my mid thirties and cannot remember a Carolina /Duke regular season game with this much on the line.

GO HEELS!!!!!!
    I think the winner of the ACC tourney gets the #1 seed in the east regardless of tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    I think the winner of the ACC tourney gets the #1 seed in the east regardless of tonight.
    The tournament ends on selection Sunday so there have been times in the past that the committee says the seeds are done prior to the championship game.

The tournament ends on selection Sunday so there have been times in the past that the committee says the seeds are done prior to the championship game.
    I know what you are saying, but it is easy enough to just flip flop them. One will be the best #2 and the other will be the #1 in the east. Apparently the committee doesn't want to (or is suppossed to try not to) have 2 conferences on the same seeding line anymore otherwise I think they should both be #1's.

If Duke beats UNC in the Conference Championship and takes 2 out of 3 it will be hard to not say they deserve the #1 in the east.

Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan View Post
    great f'n game.
    +1 as usual

The winner gets:

The ACC title

GO HEELS!!!!!!
    Congrats on the win buddy.

Almost a heartbreaking loss since you outplayed them, but went about 5-10 minutes struggling from mid-range and gave up the lead. Rebounded from that great though. Lawson was the difference.

Love Hansbrough, but I wish he would kick it out a little more.

God I hate duke.

The winner gets:

The ACC title

GO HEELS!!!!!!
    In thge reg season, there have been plenty of ACC Tourney Championship Games that have had 1 seeds riding on them.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    I know what you are saying, but it is easy enough to just flip flop them. One will be the best #2 and the other will be the #1 in the east. Apparently the committee doesn't want to (or is suppossed to try not to) have 2 conferences on the same seeding line anymore otherwise I think they should both be #1's.

If Duke beats UNC in the Conference Championship and takes 2 out of 3 it will be hard to not say they deserve the #1 in the east.
    This might sound silly but if Carolina loses on Saturday I think they get the 1 in the east even if duke wins the ACC tourney BUT if duke beats Carolina in the title game and takes 2 of 3 then I think duke probably would get it(depending upon what UT does b/c I think they are 2nd in line for the east #1).
    Last edited by nyjunc; 03-09-2008 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    This might sound silly but if Carolina loses on Saturday I think they get the 1 in the east even if duke wins the ACC tourney BUT if duke beats Carolins in the title game and takes 2 of 3 then I think duke probably would get it(depending upon what IT does b/c I think they are 2nd in line for the east #1).

I could see that.

In thge reg season, there have been plenty of ACC Tourney Championship Games that have had 1 seeds riding on them.

This might sound silly but if Carolina loses on Saturday I think they get the 1 in the east even if duke wins the ACC tourney BUT if duke beats Carolina in the title game and takes 2 of 3 then I think duke probably would get it(depending upon what UT does b/c I think they are 2nd in line for the east #1).
    i think the selection committee throws out the first loss. I think winning the ACC regular season championship and finishing AP1 all but guarantees you a #1 seed unless you lose early in the conference tournament. I think if both teams advance to the tourney finals UNC is the #1 regardless of the outcome.

i think the selection committee throws out the first loss. I think winning the ACC regular season championship and finishing AP1 all but guarantees you a #1 seed unless you lose early in the conference tournament. I think if both teams advance to the tourney finals UNC is the #1 regardless of the outcome.
    I thinkthe heels are a lock to get a 1 seed, the question is will be the 1 in the East? If duke beats them in the Finals I think duke probably deserves it ahead of the heels and if UT wins the SEC they would deserve it over duke.

I thinkthe heels are a lock to get a 1 seed, the question is will be the 1 in the East? If duke beats them in the Finals I think duke probably deserves it ahead of the heels and if UT wins the SEC they would deserve it over duke.
    I dont think Duke can get a #1 seed. For two reasons , depending on conf tourneys there are teams more desrving than duke (ranked #7) and they will not give two #1 seeds to the ACC.

I think the 4 one seeds are already locked. I think the two seeds are still up in the air. A loss by Duke could push them to the three line.