Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Best game for XBOX 360

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Best game for XBOX 360

I haven't bought a baseball game in a few years now and I really don't follow the video game market for the latest and greatest stuff. What game should I go out and buy tomorrow for my XBOX 360? I've heard good things about "The Show," but then found out it's only for PS3?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I haven't bought a baseball game in a few years now and I really don't follow the video game market for the latest and greatest stuff. What game should I go out and buy tomorrow for my XBOX 360? I've heard good things about "The Show," but then found out it's only for PS3?
    I think your only option is mlb2k8.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    umm dunno if this helps but I haven't played a baseball game since the one for PS2 in 2006 BUT best 360 game?

Bioshock....awesome game.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    I think your only option is mlb2k8.
    Whatever happened to EA's MVP series?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know for sure, but I think the MLB players association signed exclusive rights deal with the creators of "the show". Then I guess "The show" lets the 2k whatever use it's rights but only for 360. (2k is the only pro baseball game that has ever been available for 360). EA sports got out bid and lost rights to players names. They tried a college baseball game, but that didn't work out too well. As far as I know EA can't make a pro baseball game with players names so whats the point.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mlb2k8 is your only option for 360.....outside of 2K sports the only companies that can make baseball games are sony for the ps3 and microsoft for xbox 360 (third party exclusive contract).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Mlb2k8 is your only option for 360.....outside of 2K sports the only companies that can make baseball games are sony for the ps3 and microsoft for xbox 360 (third party exclusive contract).
    But isn't 2k8 available for ps3?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    But isn't 2k8 available for ps3?
    yes 2K sports is the only 3rd party developer allowed to make games for all platforms.....the only other companies that can make games have to also be making the plaforms....so microsoft can make a game for xbox (which they did but it sucked so they stopped) and sony can make it for ps3 (which they do and its great).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    yes 2K sports is the only 3rd party developer allowed to make games for all platforms.....the only other companies that can make games have to also be making the plaforms....so microsoft can make a game for xbox (which they did but it sucked so they stopped) and sony can make it for ps3 (which they do and its great).
    got it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's no help to you but The Show is an awesome game. I played it all day today and I'm hooked.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    what a shame. the mvp series was by far the best series of baseball games available. i had heard a while ago that the contract signed was only a 2 year deal, which consisted 2006 and 07'. so i was kind of expecting mvp to come back in 08'. but i guess the series is dead now. too bad, we're missing out on some quality baseball games right now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcg86 View Post
    what a shame. the mvp series was by far the best series of baseball games available. i had heard a while ago that the contract signed was only a 2 year deal, which consisted 2006 and 07'. so i was kind of expecting mvp to come back in 08'. but i guess the series is dead now. too bad, we're missing out on some quality baseball games right now.
    WE are not , the Show is as good as the MVP games were and this year better then the last MVP game made (not sure the year).....reason enough to get a PS3.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    2k sports has the MLB rights for 360 just like EA has the NFL rights.

2k sports is the only baseball sim for 360.

I'd probably wait a week or 2, because right now the game is extremely buggy and they are working on a patch to fix the problems(mostly framerate stuff).

That being said it's a very enjoyable game to play, and once they fix it will be great.

Just a fair advanced warning, if you haven't played a game in a few years, this is an entire new conrol scheme for a baseball game and it will take some time to get used to, but don't get discouraged early, because once you get it down, it makes it much more realistic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    2k sports has the MLB rights for 360 just like EA has the NFL rights.

2k sports is the only baseball sim for 360.

I'd probably wait a week or 2, because right now the game is extremely buggy and they are working on a patch to fix the problems(mostly framerate stuff).
    That being said it's a very enjoyable game to play, and once they fix it will be great.

Just a fair advanced warning, if you haven't played a game in a few years, this is an entire new conrol scheme for a baseball game and it will take some time to get used to, but don't get discouraged early, because once you get it down, it makes it much more realistic.
    sound just like last year, i couldnt get through a game last year without the game freezing.....and the issues never got fixed....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    MLB 2k8 has it's problems, the default controls and the framerate are very bad but if you tweak it a bit it becomes ok. Turn off cutscenes, and anything that would delay the next batter from coming up the plate and the game chugs along better. I expect the patch to help out somewhat with the lag when you throw the ball pretty much anywhere which causes an obvious stutter.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    MLB 2k8 has it's problems, the default controls and the framerate are very bad but if you tweak it a bit it becomes ok. Turn off cutscenes, and anything that would delay the next batter from coming up the plate and the game chugs along better. I expect the patch to help out somewhat with the lag when you throw the ball pretty much anywhere which causes an obvious stutter.
    That sounds pretty crappy. Maybe I won't be buying a baseball game this year.