Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 179

Thread: Spitzer Linked to Prostitution Ring

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,284

    Spitzer Linked to Prostitution Ring

    Holy crap. He's toast.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/10/ny...pitzer.html?hp

    What an unbelievable waste of talent and drive.

    His career will rightfully be ended by this. You don't get to make your name enforcing laws and then go flaunting them.

  2. #2

    Spitzer!

    Steamroller baby!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Wow.

    So I take it we're getting a new governor, then!

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    All Hail IL DEUTSCHE eliot!!!

    framing the competition, giving illegals licenses and now whores from someone who was going to bring ethics back to politics....

    gotta laugh....see ya' eliot....

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    848
    Awesome, I hate that MFer.

  6. #6
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Maybe McSkeevey can help him get a job teaching ethics and law at Kean University.


  7. #7
    HAHAHAHAHAH

    Mr. Ethics Reform himself

  8. #8
    If this is true his only option is to resign at the 2:15 presser mentioned in the article. Have an orderly transfer of power and then go live in a cave.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Maybe McSkeevey can help him get a job teaching ethics and law at Kean University.

    Link this the higher tuition costs in that affirmative action thread.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    CNN says it will cover the PC...I will post details....

  11. #11
    I'm A F'ing Cleveland Steamroller!

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,008
    What does linked and involved with mean? Was he a customer? an investor? a pimp?

    I'll hold off on condemning him until I know more info... but this certainly looks bad.

    Somewhere Joseph Bruno, Tom Suozzi and Andrew Cuomo are smiling.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalbarracuda View Post
    What does linked and involved with mean? Was he a customer? an investor? a pimp?

    I'll hold off on condemning him until I know more info... but this certainly looks bad.

    Somewhere Joseph Bruno, Tom Suozzi and Andrew Cuomo are smiling.
    Come on now, Al. Any way you slice it this is going to end badly for him.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,284
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalbarracuda View Post
    What does linked and involved with mean? Was he a customer? an investor? a pimp?

    I'll hold off on condemning him until I know more info... but this certainly looks bad.

    Somewhere Joseph Bruno, Tom Suozzi and Andrew Cuomo are smiling.
    I admired Spitzer's work as AG a lot, and had high hopes for him as a governor. But, honestly, does it matter?

    Short of hearing that he was working an undercover agent to bring the ring down, which ain't likely, is there any relationship to a prostitution ring imaginable that wouldn't be cause for a governor --who won office as a law-enforcement zealot-- to resign?

  15. #15

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx View Post
    Come on now, Al. Any way you slice it this is going to end badly for him.
    never mind his prosecution of prostitution rings in the past....nothing on the PC yet...

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    never mind his prosecution of prostitution rings in the past....nothing on the PC yet...
    Do you think he'll resign now, or will he wait a few days?

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx View Post
    Come on now, Al. Any way you slice it this is going to end badly for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuu faaola View Post
    I admired Spitzer's work as AG a lot, and had high hopes for him as a governor. But, honestly, does it matter?

    Short of hearing that he was working an undercover agent to bring the ring down, which ain't likely, is there any relationship to a prostitution ring imaginable that wouldn't be cause for a governor --who won office as a law-enforcement zealot-- to resign?
    I agree fellas... I just plan on waiting before I say he's done in a day, a month, or will never be elected to another public office but will finish his term.

    He had a lot of potential but had this scorched-earth, holier-than-thou mentality that came to be his undoing.

  19. #19
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan View Post
    LOL!!!!

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx View Post
    Do you think he'll resign now, or will he wait a few days?
    no clue...but the longer they this PC takes to start the more I think he'll leave real soon...

    if there was nothing to his involvement one would think he's gonna get out there and say, "this is BS", which I wouldn't blame him for...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us