Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Yanks - Rays Brawl

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Machine!!!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, Shelley Duncan is a complete nut. He pretty much said it outright that we was going to do this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was personally hoping he would be on 2nd base and there would be a play at the plate because he would have absolutely crushed the catcher.

By the way, Gomes needs to end the roid rage over there.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's bush league on duncan's part. at least the play where the devil ray player ran over the catcher was a legitimate play. this sounds like he blindsided the second baseman for no good reason.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i gotta see this

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this game on TV?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's good to have a bruiser like Duncan, some might say he's a goon...some might say he laying down the law, don't **** with the Yankees. How many times have they been thrown at and the Yankees did nothing to defend themselves recently. You need to have an edge...tea toling time is over...it's time to win.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon View Post
    that's bush league on duncan's part. at least the play where the devil ray player ran over the catcher was a legitimate play. this sounds like he blindsided the second baseman for no good reason.

You're the one person making a rash judgment against this... without seeing it...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    It's good to have a bruiser like Duncan, some might say he's a goon...some might say he laying down the law, don't **** with the Yankees. How many times have they been thrown at and the Yankees did nothing to defend themselves recently. You need to have an edge...tea toling time is over...it's time to win.
    Defend themselves? Seems like a punk move, looks like all the Yankee class packed up and went to LA.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    Defend themselves? Seems like a punk move, looks like all the Yankee class packed up and went to LA.
    Oh stop... when the Red Sox and Angels do this kind of stuff everyone calls them gritty and hardnosed. Now the Yanks make a statement that they didn't appreciate another team injuring their guy and they are classless.

Get real

Girardi was wrong on this but as a Yankee fan I appreciate him defending his guy... and that's what this is all about the team mentality, us against everyone else.

If someone sacked Kellen Clemens and broke his wrist even if it was a completely clean play wouldn't you want one of our guys to get back at them? I know I would.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    Yankees have been taking stuff like this for a long time. Not retaliating, not defending their own. Good for them, get a fire going, and let the league know that they aren't laying down anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post

You're the one person making a rash judgment against this... without seeing it...
    He didn't have to see it. It's the Yankees. They're always wrong in his book.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any video available of this ??

I'd like to make an educated opinion of this, but don't know the facts surrounding it.

However, looking at the pics, that slide by Duncan was completely uncalled for. He purposely tried spiking the 2nd baseman high thigh.

I couldn't defend any player from3 any team for doing it. If you want to hard slide and bowl the guy over, okay. But lifting your leg and trying to spike a guy is Bush league IMO.
    Last edited by JetBidi; 03-12-2008 at 04:08 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post

did you see the pictures? he had his foot in the guys balls. and he was ejected immediately, as you can see th eunpire ejecting him before he even finishes his slide. it wasn't a clean play. a yanks pitcher had already thrown at a rays batter and was ejected and the benches were warned.how am i making a rash determination? all the evidence points to a bush league play. the only thing duncan did was ensure that a yankee will be eating a fastball soon.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    He didn't have to see it. It's the Yankees. They're always wrong in his book.
    Actually Sweeny Murti who is almost as big a homer as SR and you called into the FAN and said Duncan was completely wrong and out by 40 feet.

Roids, HGH, bush league play and Billy Crystal suiting up during Girardi's "tough" camp.
    My what a strange few months in Yankee land.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon View Post
    did you see the pictures? he had his foot in the guys balls. and he was ejected immediately, as you can see th eunpire ejecting him before he even finishes his slide. it wasn't a clean play. a yanks pitcher had already thrown at a rays batter and was ejected and the benches were warned.how am i making a rash determination? all the evidence points to a bush league play. the only thing duncan did was ensure that a yankee will be eating a fastball soon.
    Were the pictures out when I posted that? I didn't see any (who knows, maybe you did)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Actually Sweeny Murti who is almost as big a homer as SR and you called into the FAN and said Duncan was completely wrong and out by 40 feet.

Roids, HGH, bush league play and Billy Crystal suiting up during Girardi's "tough" camp.
    My what a strange few months in Yankee land.
    Bull****. The Rays have slid hard into two catchers now this spring and sent a young kid trying to make a name for himself in this system to the bench. And you know what, I have no problem it. Joe Madden had no problem with it either apparently. But for pulling this **** in a spring training game you can't expect to not have anyone retaliate back, because then your pulling an Eliot Spitzer, going after people while your doing the same exact thing. And that's just talking about any team, not just the Yankees who at some point have to say enough is enough with teams going after us and Joe Torre being too much of a ***** to send the message that we're not gonna take this ****. It started with Joba last year and now with Shelley Duncan and Girardi. Finally some fire and standing up for themselves on this team, I love it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    But the Billy Crystal thing is a stupid, idiotic idea, I'll agree with that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51 View Post
    Bull****. The Rays have slid hard into two catchers now this spring and sent a young kid trying to make a name for himself in this system to the bench. And you know what, I have no problem it. Joe Madden had no problem with it either apparently. But for pulling this **** in a spring training game you can't expect to not have anyone retaliate back, because then your pulling an Eliot Spitzer, going after people while your doing the same exact thing. And that's just talking about any team, not just the Yankees who at some point have to say enough is enough with teams going after us and Joe Torre being too much of a ***** to send the message that we're not gonna take this ****. It started with Joba last year and now with Shelley Duncan and Girardi. Finally some fire and standing up for themselves on this team, I love it.
    Just saw the replay on YES. Once you see it you be sure to let us know how proud you are of the Yanks newfound toughness. I agree they need to stop Jete and ARod from getting thrown at but today was bush all the way.