Thread: Pagan for Crisp Rumor

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Pagan for Crisp Rumor

Reported on the Fan that the Mets and Sox are working on a Angel Pagan for Coco Crisp trade. Here it is at rotoworld.

http://rotoworld.com/content/HeadLin...=MLB&hl=230625

I'd rather have Crisp than Pagan but this raises two questions from me...

1. Does Crisp become a problem if/when Alou comes back and he's once a again out of a starting job?

2. Would it be tough to trade him if he becomes a big problem? Would we want to trade him?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    keep pagan

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cuckoo for Coco?

Not really. A Mets official chuckled and said no when asked if the team had traded for Red Sox outfielder Coco Crisp, as had been rumored. The Mets need an outfielder, but they want to see what they have in spring sensation Angel Pagan and whether Endy Chavez is healthy enough to play against righties in Moises Alou's absence. They entered spring training needed a righthanded bat in the outfielder, and they still do. But they expect Alou to be back at some point.
    UPDATE: Pagan just hit a two-run home run. He's en fuego.
    http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/ba..._for_coco.html

It didn't make sense for the Mets in the first place. Pagan is essentially a cheaper version of Crisp. Why trade for the real one without seeing what Pagan can offer first.

If they're gonna make a move it's for more of a Xavier Nady/Juan Rivera/Marcus Thames/Reed Johnson type IMO who's Right Handed, Half of them can play some 1B also, and can rake against Lefties.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want Nady back,he can play first base and LF!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pagan hit a nice two run jack today. Hows about we keep what he have. Crisp might be better defensively but his bat has dissapeared in Boston.

Although think about it though how cool it would look if the trade went down

ANGEL PAGAN for COCOA CRISP

Is there any other trade in the history of baseball that involves two names crazy as this?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pagan is having a lights out spring and I would let him hold the forte.

I think this may be more to due with Beltran's knee. Hope not, but just the feeling I have.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crisp is better than Pagan, don't let ST numbers fool you, but I don't think he's worth 5 million more, but it's not my money.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    BREAKING NEWS

Per MLB.COM

COCOA CRISP TRADED FOR CAPTAIN CRUNCH AND A PLAYER TO BE NAMED
    3/12/08

Major League sources have indiciated that the Red Sox have agreed to part ways with centerfielder Crisp. When asked for comment Theo Epstein replied "We have had Cocoa Crisp for two years now and his flavor no longer intrigues us. The Captain is great and we are really looking forward to his gritty style of staying sog free in milk."

Sources also lead us to believe the the player to be named is Billy Crystal who is set to be the hottest free agent of Thursday March 13th.

More to come as the new flows in.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    BREAKING NEWS

Per MLB.COM

COCOA CRISP TRADED FOR CAPTAIN CRUNCH AND A PLAYER TO BE NAMED
    3/12/08

Major League sources have indiciated that the Red Sox have agreed to part ways with centerfielder Crisp. When asked for comment Theo Epstein replied "We have had Cocoa Crisp for two years now and his flavor no longer intrigues us. The Captain is great and we are really looking forward to his gritty style of staying sog free in milk."

Sources also lead us to believe the the player to be named is Billy Crystal who is set to be the hottest free agent of Thursday March 13th.

More to come as the new flows in.
    You should be banned for this. In other words, "cereal killed".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    You should be banned for this. In other words, "cereal killed".
    well played sir.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3 View Post
    Crisp is better than Pagan, don't let ST numbers fool you, but I don't think he's worth 5 million more, but it's not my money.
    I agree. Sell high.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought this was reported by the sox to be BS?? This was only a rumor.