Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obooma's Pastor: God Damn America, U.S. to Blame for 9/11

Obooma's Pastor: God Damn America, U.S. to Blame for 9/11

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4443788&page=1[/url]

[QUOTE]Obama's Pastor: God Damn America, U.S. to Blame for 9/11
    Obama's Pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Has a History of What Even Obama's Campaign Aides Say Is 'Inflammatory Rhetoric'

By BRIAN ROSS and REHAB EL-BURI
    March 13, 2008

Sen. Barack Obama's pastor says blacks should not sing "God Bless America" but "God damn America."

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for the last 20 years at the Trinity United Church of Christ on Chicago's south side, has a long history of what even Obama's campaign aides concede is "inflammatory rhetoric," including the assertion that the United States brought on the 9/11 attacks with its own "terrorism."

In a campaign appearance earlier this month, Sen. Obama said, "I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial." He said Rev. Wright "is like an old uncle who says things I don't always agree with," telling a Jewish group that everyone has someone like that in their family.

Rev. Wright married Obama and his wife Michelle, baptized their two daughters and is credited by Obama for the title of his book, "The Audacity of Hope."

An ABC News review of dozens of Rev. Wright's sermons, offered for sale by the church, found repeated denunciations of the U.S. based on what he described as his reading of the Gospels and the treatment of black Americans.

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people," he said in a 2003 sermon. "God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme."

In addition to damning America, he told his congregation on the Sunday after Sept. 11, 2001 that the United States had brought on al Qaeda's attacks because of its own terrorism.

"We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye," Rev. Wright said in a sermon on Sept. 16, 2001.

"We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost," he told his congregation.Sen. Obama told the New York Times he was not at the church on the day of Rev. Wright's 9/11 sermon. "The violence of 9/11 was inexcusable and without justification," Obama said in a recent interview. "It sounds like he was trying to be provocative," Obama told the paper.

Rev. Wright, who announced his retirement last month, has built a large and loyal following at his church with his mesmerizing sermons, mixing traditional spiritual content and his views on contemporary issues.

"I wouldn't call it radical. I call it being black in America," said one congregation member outside the church last Sunday.

"He has impacted the life of Barack Obama so much so that he wants to portray that feeling he got from Rev. Wright onto the country because we all need something positive," said another member of the congregation.

Rev. Wright, who declined to be interviewed by ABC News, is considered one of the country's 10 most influential black pastors, according to members of the Obama campaign.

Obama has praised at least one aspect of Rev. Wright's approach, referring to his "social gospel" and his focus on Africa, "and I agree with him on that."

Sen. Obama declined to comment on Rev. Wright's denunciations of the United States, but a campaign religious adviser, Shaun Casey, appearing on "Good Morning America" Thursday, said Obama "had repudiated" those comments.

In a statement to ABCNews.com, Obama's press spokesman Bill Burton said, "Sen. Obama has said repeatedly that personal attacks such as this have no place in this campaign or our politics, whether they're offered from a platform at a rally or the pulpit of a church. Sen. Obama does not think of the pastor of his church in political terms. Like a member of his family, there are things he says with which Sen. Obama deeply disagrees. But now that he is retired, that doesn't detract from Sen. Obama's affection for Rev. Wright or his appreciation for the good works he has done."[/QUOTE]

Wow... Just wow.

McCain smokes this guy in November......

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2430792][url]http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4443788&page=1[/url]

Wow... Just wow.

McCain smokes this guy in November......[/QUOTE]

Hope you didn't post the entire article, you know about copyright laws, right?:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2430821]Hope you didn't post the entire article, you know about copyright laws, right?:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all I need is the conspiracy nut on my case.

too bad Obama's preacher isn't running for president. Mccain might have a shot against him.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2430861]too bad Obama's preacher isn't running for president. Mccain might have a shot against him.[/QUOTE]

So what do you think about this Pastor Bit? And what do you think about his influence (or not) on Obama and his worldview?

[QUOTE=Warfish;2430876]So what do you think about this Pastor Bit? And what do you think about his influence (or not) on Obama and his worldview?[/QUOTE]

A man is not his preacher and vice versa.

I think if that's the worst they can dig up on Obama, mccain and hillary are both in trouble.

People see what they want to see - If a person wants to hate Obama then the preacher is an easy justification... but if he wasn't an option there'd be some other reason to hate Obama, im sure.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2430861]too bad Obama's preacher isn't running for president. Mccain might have a shot against him.[/QUOTE]
    after the Republicans get through with Obama in the general election you won't be able to tell difference.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sounds like O.D.S. to me...:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=bitonti;2430883]A man is not his preacher and vice versa.

I think if that's the worst they can dig up on Obama, mccain and hillary are both in trouble.

People see what they want to see - If a person wants to hate Obama then the preacher is an easy justification... but if he wasn't an option there'd be some other reason to hate Obama, im sure.[/QUOTE so you're saying that if Mccains pastor,who Baptised his kids,married him to his wife and was a major inspiration to him said something like "all minorities hurt this country" or "the only reason he's running is because he's black" it wouldn't be a problem for Mccain right? plz....

Hussein should stay clear of this guy, just as McCain should steer clear of Bush.

Banned
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;2430894]after the Republicans get through with Obama in the general election you won't be able to tell difference.[/QUOTE]

The republicans won't have to smear Obama. Clinton's already doing a great job of it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Talk about a reach.

What exactly does this have to do with Obama, at all?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2430912]The republicans won't have to smear Obama. Clinton's already doing a great job of it.[/QUOTE]

How has she "smeared" him?

Look under every rock and see what you can find. I would take a crazy minister who I am not related other than having an ex-wife who I cheated on and married a rich younger girl.
    What does that say about a man?

[QUOTE=bitonti;2430883]A man is not his preacher and vice versa.

People see what they want to see - If a person wants to hate Obama then the preacher is an easy justification... but if he wasn't an option there'd be some other reason to hate Obama, im sure.[/QUOTE]

I agree. But you're not really answering the question. Does a man have any responsabillity for his associations and friendships and influences?

Would a candidate who was influenced by Neo-Nazi's, went to a White Power Church, and was deep friends with it's Racist Preacher skate, as you are letting Obama skate here?

Seems to me to be a case of selectivism on the part of the Left, Obama is the great Hope, and hence his controversial relations get glossed over as if they held no meaning.

I have no idea how much or how little Obama agrees with his bigot of a preacher, but I would posit that those are legitimate questions to ask and be answered. After all, Obama will not just be representing Blacks, he'll be representing all of us.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2431046]I agree. But you're not really answering the question. [/QUOTE]

He knows the answer. He just won't say there's a liberal double standard.

Trinity United Church of Christ has a new pastor:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODkNZpay5H8[/url]

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Company_Man;2431158]Trinity United Church of Christ has a new pastor:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODkNZpay5H8[/url][/QUOTE]

[B]LMAO man that guy is a pimp and he's pimping ho's daily[/B]

Make up your mind genius. Either Obama is a radical muslim or he is a racist Christian.
    You have one standard, STUPIDITY........

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2431122]He knows the answer. He just won't say there's a liberal double standard.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Guido Monzino;2431020]Talk about a reach.

What exactly does this have to do with Obama, at all?[/QUOTE]

Probably not a whole lot since blacks can be racist but whites can't.

But Obama has talked about his judgment as being a quality to make up for lack of experience hillary and McC have. So what kind of judgement is he showing by his close relationship to his racist pastor? Why is he still going to this church if he disagrees so much with the pastor's radical rhetoric?

There must be a lot of good black churches that aren't as radical as this one.