View Poll Results: Will Obama be able to save the US?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 8 years of Obama should bring the US back to the respectability it was pre Bush

5 62.50%
  • No, Bush and the neo-cons dug to deep a hole

3 37.50%

Thread: Will Obama be able to save the US?

Will Obama be able to save the US?

sadly, I voted for Option 2 but I was wondering what everyone else thought
    Last edited by JetsWI; 03-13-2008 at 04:24 PM.

No because this crisis has nothing to do with the presidential policy it was caused by the federal reserve piss poor policy. first off it was Greenspan who Started the deregulation of mortgages by encouraging adjustable rate arms. Its was the banks who encourages these loans to people who cant afford them. And now its Bernanke whose solution of cutting interest rates and printing Money to bail out the banks and try to create liquidity is causing the dollar to collaspe. Until we get rid of Bernanke and get a fed chief who knows what he is doing nothing will save this country.
    Last edited by nyjets1969; 03-13-2008 at 04:31 PM.

[QUOTE=JetsWI;2430991]sadly, I voted for Option 2 but I was wondering what everyone else thought[/QUOTE]

You should change option 2 because this bubble has nothing to do with presidential policy. It started long before Bush took office. It started under the Clinton adminnistration but I cant even bleme them because it was the Fed who created the mess by allowing encouraging adjustable Arm Mortgages to people who werent qualified to own a home. Also our ecomony for the past 2 decades has been fueled by credit. People using their homes as ATM machines Companys borrowing because of low interest Bonds again created by Greenspan fed Policy. Not to mention the feds policy of leaving interests rates very low encouraging borrowing. Get rid of the federal reserve we solve the problem. In fact people should know this fact the federal resere is not owned by the goverment but a group of bankers.

No bias in this poll.:rolleyes:

Obama's economic platform does not provide solutions to our current problems.

He wants to increase the deficit. He wants more inefficient government intervention. He wants more obligations and debt, not less. And he does not want to reform the monetary system, which means our present inflationary economic troubles will continue, and only get worse really.

Jets Insider VIP
    Obama has no chance of being elected.
    Why even bring this up?

and if he is elected, we will not be safe in this country.

Vote McCain, at least he will protect the US!

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;2431056]Obama has no chance of being elected.
    Why even bring this up?

Vote McCain, at least he will protect the US![/QUOTE]

I'll say this: Obama is at least better than McWar, but that ain't saying much.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;2431056]Obama has no chance of being elected.
    Why even bring this up?

Vote McCain, at least he will protect the US![/QUOTE]

Why do you believe this?

the same person that wants mccain to be president wants pennington to start...McCain protecting the US is like Pennington protecting the ball from turnovers.

I think the poll for this thread should be written something like this.

What affect would 4 years of Obama have on the U.S.

[B]Option A:[/B] America would decline into a soviet style nanny state that has no back bone or will to defend herself or interests at home or abroad. But it would be Bushs fault.

[B]Option B: [/B] America will immediatley pull out of iraq, the middle east will fall into war and instability far greater than ever seen before. But it would be Bushs fault.

or

[B]Option C:[/B] Quite simply, America ceases to exist in any form that of which I would recognize her. It of coure would be Bushs fault.

I would vote for all A,B, and C. :)

Hall Of Fame
    What would happen if someone started a poll but no one voted in it or gave a damn about it- would it still make a sound?
    :zzz::zzz:

[QUOTE=JYtheJETSfan;2431150]I think the poll for this thread should be written something like this.

What affect would 4 years of Obama have on the U.S.

[B]Option A:[/B] America would decline into a soviet style nanny state that has no back bone or will to defend herself or interests at home or abroad. But it would be Bushs fault.

[B]Option B: [/B] America will immediatley pull out of iraq, the middle east will fall into war and instability far greater than ever seen before. But it would be Bushs fault.

or

[B]Option C:[/B] Quite simply, America ceases to exist in any form that of which I would recognize her. It of coure would be Bushs fault.

I would vote for all A,B, and C. :)[/QUOTE]

:dunce:

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2431167]What would happen if someone started a poll but no one voted in it or gave a damn about it- would it still make a sound?
    :zzz::zzz:[/QUOTE]

that doesnt answer the question, do you think America is doomed or do you think Obama can save it?

Nothing can save us.

In a few years, the Earth will get so hot that it will be uninhabitable.

If you don't die of malignant melanoma, you'll most certainly drown by the 20 foot rise in sea level. Or, the retreating polar bears will eat you.

We're doomed.

Sincerely,

A.Gore

[QUOTE=JetsWI;2431190]that doesnt answer the question, do you think America is doomed or do you think Obama can save it?[/QUOTE]

Say it with me, it WILL be an Obama-Nation.