Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Jimmy Rollins has me fired up

  1. #1

    Jimmy Rollins has me fired up

    The Phillies have already clinched a playoff spot according to Jimmy Rollins.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/met...on-a-roll.html

    Rollins on a roll
    Jimmy Rollins is at it again. Asked by Men’s Journal if the Phillies remain the “team to beat,” Rollins told the magazine:

    “That wasn’t a one-year thing. It’s still gonna ring true in 2008, and every year I’m with the Phillies. We’re going to win; it’s gonna come down to who wants it more, and we want to win more than the Mets do. Truthfully, I don’t worry about anybody in our division, or anybody in our league for that matter. I’m not worried about getting into the playoffs, because that part is accomplished. We’re a playoff team now. Our next goal is to win the World Series.”

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    I bet the rest of the Phillies are really concerned that Rollins has gotten you all fired up.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    I bet the rest of the Phillies are really concerned that Rollins has gotten you all fired up.
    Haha, yeah the title certainly was a bit much. It's one thing to be confident but saying that the 162 game season is just a formality is kind of pushing it. The Mets and Braves should take note of stuff like this.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Haha, yeah the title certainly was a bit much. It's one thing to be confident but saying that the 162 game season is just a formality is kind of pushing it. The Mets and Braves should take note of stuff like this.
    Didn't Beltran already make some sort of guarantee?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Didn't Beltran already make some sort of guarantee?
    Well, he said he had no doubt that they'd win the division which is as close as it gets. But saying that it's already been accomplished is kind of pushing it. There's a bit of a fine line there I think.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Well, he said he had no doubt that they'd win the division which is as close as it gets. But saying that it's already been accomplished is kind of pushing it. There's a bit of a fine line there I think.
    Fine line: The Mets can say whatever they want and it's cool, but when the Phillies talk, they are douche bags.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Fine line: The Mets can say whatever they want and it's cool, but when the Phillies talk, they are douche bags.
    Yeah you're probably right. Just like when Papelbon says something and every Yankee fan calls him a punk and a ***** and a moron. Or when a Ray comes in hard to a base it's uncalled for but no where near dirty when a Yankee 'retaliates.' It's the way it'll always be in sports, pure homerism.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Yeah you're probably right. Just like when Papelbon says something and every Yankee fan calls him a punk and a ***** and a moron. Or when a Ray comes in hard to a base it's uncalled for but no where near dirty when a Yankee 'retaliates.' It's the way it'll always be in sports, pure homerism.
    Papelbon IS a punk and a ***** and a moron. But you forgot fairy.

    No bias there, just the truth.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Papelbon IS a punk and a ***** and a moron. But you forgot fairy.

    No bias there, just the truth.
    That's what I like to hear!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Papelbon IS a punk and a ***** and a moron. But you forgot fairy.

    No bias there, just the truth.
    Get real, DiMaggio

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by kaol View Post
    Get real, DiMaggio
    Can't argue with scientific evidence

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Fine line: The Mets can say whatever they want and it's cool, but when the Phillies talk, they are douche bags.
    comming from the biggest homer and met hater on the boaRD

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us