Thread: Hank's on a ROLL

Jets Insider VIP

Hank's on a ROLL

The circus really is back in town. This is fun, sometimes he's stupid, but these comments were pretty funny, and SPOT ON:

On Pooplebon:
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/03152008...use_102071.htm
    March 15, 2008 -- TAMPA - It's one thing for owners to have a little back-and-forth like John Henry and Hank SteinbrennerThe-A-Rod-Gamble did recently in regard to Red Sox Nation vs. YankeesNew York Yankees Universe. It's another for a young player to take a shot at an owner.

That's what Jonathan Papelbon, 27, did in criticizing Steinbrenner.

"I don't know if he's trying to stir things up or not," the Bosox closer said. "I sure as hell don't care, because he sure as hell hasn't stepped on a baseball field. He needs to just stick to pencil-pushing, I guess."

Hammerin' Hank fired back yesterday.

"Being insulted by Papelbon is like being attacked by a mouse," Steinbrenner told The Post.

"John Henry and I traded a couple of jabs good-naturedly," he added. "So now, all of a sudden, this player, this 20-something kid who really doesn't know his way in the world, comes out with a personal insult. There's no excuse for that."

When was the last time you saw Derek Jeter criticize an owner? Steinbrenner did add that Papelbon "is one great pitcher." And he'd love to have him on his team.

"It was nothing personal against John [Henry], nothing personal against Larry [Lucchino], nothing personal against [Terry] Francona, nothing personal against the team or the fans," Steinbrenner said. "It was just a general comment that is the truth. I respect the Red Sox and their fans, but the Yankees are the most popular team in American sports. Ask Jerry Jones in Dallas, he'll tell you that. That's why they want to do business with us. So it's just a fact."

On The Tampa Bay Rays:
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/03152008..._it_102070.htm
    "I don't want these teams in general to forget who subsidizes a lot of them, and it's the New York Yankees , the Red Sox, Dodgers, New York Mets ," he said. "I would prefer if teams want to target the Yankees that they at least start giving some of that revenue sharing and luxury tax money back. From an owners point of view, that's my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    The circus really is back in town. This is fun, sometimes he's stupid, but these comments were pretty funny, and SPOT ON:

On Pooplebon:
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/03152008...use_102071.htm
    March 15, 2008 -- TAMPA - It's one thing for owners to have a little back-and-forth like John Henry and Hank SteinbrennerThe-A-Rod-Gamble did recently in regard to Red Sox Nation vs. YankeesNew York Yankees Universe. It's another for a young player to take a shot at an owner.

That's what Jonathan Papelbon, 27, did in criticizing Steinbrenner.

"I don't know if he's trying to stir things up or not," the Bosox closer said. "I sure as hell don't care, because he sure as hell hasn't stepped on a baseball field. He needs to just stick to pencil-pushing, I guess."

Hammerin' Hank fired back yesterday.

"Being insulted by Papelbon is like being attacked by a mouse," Steinbrenner told The Post.

"John Henry and I traded a couple of jabs good-naturedly," he added. "So now, all of a sudden, this player, this 20-something kid who really doesn't know his way in the world, comes out with a personal insult. There's no excuse for that."

When was the last time you saw Derek Jeter criticize an owner? Steinbrenner did add that Papelbon "is one great pitcher." And he'd love to have him on his team.

"It was nothing personal against John [Henry], nothing personal against Larry [Lucchino], nothing personal against [Terry] Francona, nothing personal against the team or the fans," Steinbrenner said. "It was just a general comment that is the truth. I respect the Red Sox and their fans, but the Yankees are the most popular team in American sports. Ask Jerry Jones in Dallas, he'll tell you that. That's why they want to do business with us. So it's just a fact."

On The Tampa Bay Rays:
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/03152008..._it_102070.htm
    "I don't want these teams in general to forget who subsidizes a lot of them, and it's the New York Yankees , the Red Sox, Dodgers, New York Mets ," he said. "I would prefer if teams want to target the Yankees that they at least start giving some of that revenue sharing and luxury tax money back. From an owners point of view, that's my point.
    Love it. Exactly what I was thinking as I read the first part of what Pap Smear said.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Love this guy!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Dude, that's great. You should put a pile of crap right below him as if he's taking a dump

Practice Squad
    Junior has proven in just a short time that he is actually a bigger jaskass than his Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post
    Junior has proven in just a short time that he is actually a bigger jaskass than his Dad.
    If he was your owner, you would love him.

If he was your owner, you would love him.
    Does he own the Yankees* now?

Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2 View Post
    Does he own the Yankees* now?
    Where have you been? Hank and Hal have taken over.

Hank's an idiot. Let your players do the talking on the field

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Hank is a bozo

Hank Steinbrenner who has had everything in his life handed to him (including the NY Yankees) and has never accomplished anything, "knows his way around the world"?

On The Tampa Bay Rays:
    Hank would prefer a league where 1/3 of the teams go bankrupt?
    Or a league with only 4 franchises in it?
    Or a league where the 'little guys' don't fight back they just bend over and take it?

Of course you people think he is an idiot, a bozo, and every other name in the book, but we love him! You would if he was heading your team.

By the way, before judge maybe you should actually know a thing or two about the guy.

This is a great read, long, but worth it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/02/sp...=1&oref=slogin

Where have you been? Hank and Hal have taken over.
    Do the OWN the Yankees*?

Do the OWN the Yankees*?
    The Yankees are a family business, so yes, he does...
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 03-15-2008 at 08:12 PM.

Do the OWN the Yankees*?
    We're working on getting a copy of George's will sent to you. What's best, fax or mail?

Oh yea... Patriots*

Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    We're working on getting a copy of George's will sent to you. What's best, fax or mail?[/SIZE]
    If its in his WILL, then the sons DO NOT own the Yankees*.