• No. The winner of the Big 12 game deserves a #1 seed

3 60.00%
  • No. But the Big 12 doesn't either

1 20.00%

Thread: Does Tenn. still deserve a #1 seed

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Tenn. still deserve a #1 seed

With Kansas and Texas playing tomorrow I personally feel the winner deserves a #1 seed and Tenn. pushed itself down to the #2 line.

I am just curious of what the 4 people who actually visit the college basketball forum will think LOL
    Last edited by Jetfan_Johnny; 03-15-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you, option 2 which will be Kansas.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The SEC stinks and to not even make the Final of their conf Tourney means the should not be a 1 seed. The winner of the Big 12 should get it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Kansas wins they should get the 1. If Texas wins I think Tenn still deserves it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had no problem w/ UT losing it's 1 seed but to push them down to the worst 2 seed? They got screwed and the heels got screwed having the toughest 2 in their region despite beiong the #1 overall seed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I had no problem w/ UT losing it's 1 seed but to push them down to the worst 2 seed? They got screwed and the heels got screwed having the toughest 2 in their region despite beiong the #1 overall seed.
    I agree but hard to complain when Carolina play its first four games in its home state.

The real problem is Duke getting the final #2 seed over Wisconsin. If Wisconsin got the #2 and Duke the #3. Then we would be looking at Wisconsin but because the misseeded Duke and did not want the possibility of a duke / carolina regional final we get Tenn.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan_Johnny View Post
    I agree but hard to complain when Carolina play its first four games in its home state.

The real problem is Duke getting the final #2 seed over Wisconsin. If Wisconsin got the #2 and Duke the #3. Then we would be looking at Wisconsin but because the misseeded Duke and did not want the possibility of a duke / carolina regional final we get Tenn.
    The sites are in NC, that's not the Heels fault. It's not fair to UT or UNC to have them in the same region and it negates the advantage of playing in Charlotte as Charlotte is about halfway btw UNC and UT.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The sites are in NC, that's not the Heels fault. It's not fair to UT or UNC to have them in the same region and it negates the advantage of playing in Charlotte as Charlotte is about halfway btw UNC and UT.
    I am a carolina fan but if they do not make it to the final four the have underachieved in my opinion.

They are the best team going into the tourney and they are playing the games in the same place they just won the ACC Tourney.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan_Johnny View Post
    I am a carolina fan but if they do not make it to the final four the have underachieved in my opinion.

They are the best team going into the tourney and they are playing the games in the same place they just won the ACC Tourney.
    Especially w/ UT in the Region Charlotte is overrated as an advantage. The top seeds are given prefential treatment as far as the first 2 rd sites so that's not a big deal but the big advantage that Charlotte was has been nuetralized IF they play UT b/c it is just about as close to UT as it is to UNC.

It will be colossal disappointment if they don't make the FF BUT they should have had an easier region. Nobody complained last year when the #1 seeded Heels played hte #2 seeded Georgetown in Big East Country. That was basically a home game for GU but it's been non stop complaining about the Hweels even though they gave the Heels by far the toughest region.

From the final AP POLl:

1 UNC
    4 UT
    12 Butler
    13 Louisville
    14 Notre Dame
    21 Wash St.
    22 Indiana

That's rough.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Especially w/ UT in the Region Charlotte is overrated as an advantage. The top seeds are given prefential treatment as far as the first 2 rd sites so that's not a big deal but the big advantage that Charlotte was has been nuetralized IF they play UT b/c it is just about as close to UT as it is to UNC.

It will be colossal disappointment if they don't make the FF BUT they should have had an easier region. Nobody complained last year when the #1 seeded Heels played hte #2 seeded Georgetown in Big East Country. That was basically a home game for GU but it's been non stop complaining about the Hweels even though they gave the Heels by far the toughest region.

From the final AP POLl:

1 UNC
    4 UT
    12 Butler
    13 Louisville
    14 Notre Dame
    21 Wash St.
    22 Indiana

That's rough.
    My point is that they have zero excuses for not getting to the FF. The advantage of Charlotte is not all about location it is about having just played in the same building during the ACC championship. Plus even though the distance is equal the crowd will be very carolina wait and see.

The real mistake the committee made was not seeding duke a 3 and Wisconsin a 2. if they had done that we would have gotten Wisconsin as our 2 seed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They wouldn't have put Wisconsin as our 2 seed. They said they gave UT the 2 in the East to reward them so they could play close to home but it's not rewarding having to play the Heels.

I expect the Heels to win this region but it's going to be alot tougher than it should have been.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They wouldn't have put Wisconsin as our 2 seed. They said they gave UT the 2 in the East to reward them so they could play close to home but it's not rewarding having to play the Heels.

I expect the Heels to win this region but it's going to be alot tougher than it should have been.
    Either way they are talented enough to win and should have no absolutely no excuses.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am for UT Vols as I live here in TN
    Go UT Vols! Don't care what rating that they are!