Thread: England get out of Ireland

England get out of Ireland

Had to be said.

Jets Insider VIP
    Funny how so many Brits are more worried about being in Iraq than being in Ireland... :rolleyes:

Isn't there a large number of people who want Scotland to be a free country, too? Those limey bastards.

Now, between Northern Ireland and Regular Ireland, I always forget, which is the Catholic side and which is the Protestant side?

[QUOTE=pauliec;2436987]Isn't there a large number of people who want Scotland to be a free country, too? Those limey bastards.

Now, between Northern Ireland and Regular Ireland, I always forget, which is the Catholic side and which is the Protestant side?[/QUOTE]

Northern has a Protestant majority I believe.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2436987]Isn't there a large number of people who want Scotland to be a free country, too? Those limey bastards.

Now, between Northern Ireland and Regular Ireland, I always forget, which is the Catholic side and which is the Protestant side?[/QUOTE]

Ireland's capital is Dublin, Northern Irelands capital is Belfast, Northern Ireland is part of the UK, and Ireland is independent. Ireland is green and catholic, North Ireland is orange and protty.

[QUOTE=Company_Man;2437002]Ireland's capital is Dublin, Northern Irelands capital is Belfast, Northern Ireland is part of the UK, and Ireland is independent. Ireland is green and catholic, North Ireland is orange and protty.[/QUOTE]

The Antrim coast

[IMG]http://lh6.google.com/kmschreiner/RqUPcabnCII/AAAAAAAAALo/ms19e0XDf1w/P6090055.JPG?imgmax=800[/IMG]

Looks pretty green.

Here is an article from 2002 about the Protestants majority in Northern Ireland.

[url]http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20020211/ai_n12603482[/url]

[QUOTE=Sean Ryan;2437026]The Antrim coast

[IMG]http://lh6.google.com/kmschreiner/RqUPcabnCII/AAAAAAAAALo/ms19e0XDf1w/P6090055.JPG?imgmax=800[/IMG]

Looks pretty green.[/QUOTE]

Happy St Patrick's Day, Irish

[QUOTE=pauliec;2437039]Happy St Patrick's Day, Irish[/QUOTE]

Thanks buddy. Enjoy your Smitty's.

[QUOTE=Sean Ryan;2437026]The Antrim coast

Looks pretty green.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean geographically. :rolleyes:

Take a look at the Irish flag and figure it out.

Veteran
    Most of my knowledge about northern Ireland comes from the movie "The Boxer" starring Daniel Day Lewis and "Patriot Games" (the book not the movie). That being said, I don't know dick about northern Ireland. Please tell me, Sean Ryan or anyone, why northern Ireland going back to Ireland is a better outcome than it staying under British control? I was under the impression that sectarian violence was down and the peace talks had made substantial progress (I could be wrong there, it's been a while since I've seen any mention of Ireland in the news). Do the Protestants in northern Ireland prefer British control (or would they rebel if it changed hands, a la IRA)?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Company_Man;2437082]I didn't mean geographically. :rolleyes:

Take a look at the Irish flag and figure it out.[/QUOTE]

Really.

Really?

Are you really going to lecture someone named "Sean Ryan" about what being Irish is?

Really....

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2437389]Really.

Really?

Are you really going to lecture someone named "Sean Ryan" about what being Irish is?

Really....[/QUOTE]

Did he [B]REALLY[/B] think I meant the grass and the trees are orange?

[QUOTE=Company_Man;2437395]Did he [B]REALLY[/B] think I meant the grass and the trees are orange?[/QUOTE]

Uh, no. I think he was actually born in Northern Ireland.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2437411]Uh, no. I think he was actually born in Northern Ireland.[/QUOTE]

And? Did you have a point? JetsWi was born in America, does that make him an authority on the USA?

Anyway let me give you an analogy, if I call a communist "red" do I actually mean they are [I]red[/I]? Like, [I]really red[/I]?

Do yourself a favor, when dumberkhan rudely interupts a thread to post what in his childish mind is a witty comment, don't come to his defense. You'll just wind up looking just as stupid and obnoxious as he is.

[QUOTE=Company_Man;2437423]And? Did you have a point? JetsWi was born in America, does that make him an authority on the USA?

Anyway let me give you an analogy, if I call a communist "red" do I actually mean they are [I]red[/I]? Like, [I]really red[/I]?

Do yourself a favor, when dumberkhan rudely interupts a thread to post what in his childish mind is a witty comment, don't come to his defense. You'll just wind up looking just as stupid and obnoxious as he is.[/QUOTE]

I think Sean was just kidding with his "it looks green to me" picture. Take it easy.

[QUOTE=Company_Man;2437423]And? Did you have a point? JetsWi was born in America, does that make him an authority on the USA?

Do yourself a favor, when dumberkhan rudely interupts a thread to post what in his childish mind is a witty comment, don't come to his defense. You'll just wind up looking just as stupid and obnoxious as he is.[/QUOTE]

Plumber doesn't need to do that, you're doing quite a good job yourself.

Rookie
    Let me clarify a few things here:

Britain (or United Kingdon) consists of: England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.

So don't confuse Britain with England.

Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales are all Celtic nations. England is a Angle Saxon nation.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Illinois Jets Fan;2437160]Most of my knowledge about northern Ireland comes from the movie "The Boxer" starring Daniel Day Lewis and "Patriot Games" (the book not the movie). That being said, I don't know dick about northern Ireland. Please tell me, Sean Ryan or anyone, why northern Ireland going back to Ireland is a better outcome than it staying under British control? I was under the impression that sectarian violence was down and the peace talks had made substantial progress (I could be wrong there, it's been a while since I've seen any mention of Ireland in the news). Do the Protestants in northern Ireland prefer British control (or would they rebel if it changed hands, a la IRA)?[/QUOTE]

They prefer British control and there isn't much violence there anymore.

Belfast is now one of the fastest growing cities in Europe with house prices increasing.

People from Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales or England can move freely between each country as if going for a drive. I could move to Dublin tomorrow and not have to get a visa to stay there.

I was offered to relocate to Cork only last week with my work. But the place is like Mos Eisley space sport.