Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Nazi Propaganda Takes a Huge Hit

Breaking News: Nazi Propaganda Takes a Huge Hit

[B][SIZE="4"]Newsmax backs off Obama/Wright story [/SIZE][/B]

by Keith Pickering

Mon Mar 17, 2008 at 01:56:15 PM PDT
    The right-wing blogosphere has been all a-tizzy during the last day or so on the Obama/Wright story. The most frequently jumped-on comment by Obama is that he "wasn't in the pews" to personally hear objectionable comments made by Rev. Jerimiah Wright.

The wingnuts point with bated breath to a story on Newsmax from August 8, 2007, by reporter Jim Davis, who claimed he was in Trinity UCC on Sunday, July 22, when Wright made inflammatory comments, that Barack Obama was in the pews (along with his secret service detail), and that he "nodded in apparent agreement as these statements were made."

[B]The Newsmax story has been picked up and repeated -- without fact checking -- by a number of other outlets, including another Newsmax hack, Ronald Kessler,
    and even Bill Kristol at the New York Times.[/B]

[B][SIZE="4"]Big problem: Davis's story is flat-out wrong.[/SIZE][/B]

[B]Obama wasn't in Chicago on July 22, he was in Miami, speaking to the National Council of La Raza. There's even video of the speech on YouTube, which has been posted since posted since August 7, 2007.[/B]

Sunday is a light day for flying. Currently, only United and USAir run Sunday nonstops (one for each airline) from Chicago and Miami, and neither one is at the early-morning time needed to get Obama from the 7:30 service to the 1:30 speech in time.

Now the rats are leaving the sinking ship of the Newsmax story in droves. [B]Bill Kristol appended a note to the top of his column saying "I regret the error."[/B]

And even Newsmax itself has backed off the critical facts. First, Kessler now claims that incident described by Davis's may not have been July 22 after all, but only "one of the services he attended during the month of July".

Suspiciously, freeper and ace-reporter Davis himself now claims in a freeper post that he has thrown away all of his notes on the July 22 alleged incident! And naturally he blames Obama for his inability to produce them. Oddly, though, Davis hasn't gotten the word from his boss to deep-six the exact date, since he's doggedly sticking to the July 22 story in his post.

[I]“A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes”-[/I]Mark Twain

[url]http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/3/17/161724/906/381/478644[/url]
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-17-2008 at 06:50 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Know what is as equally stupid as this kind of inaccurate "reporting" and political garbage throwing?

Calling it "Nazi propaganda".

Dude, you're not helping make a case for anything in any way when you make ignorant and insensitive comments like that. So much for your moniker.

Nazi propaganda? Are you serious?

For the record, I think that Obama's relationship to this minister is something worthy of being investigated. Unless, of course, you also blame the white devil for the ills of society.

[QUOTE=Guido Monzino;2437624]Know what is as equally stupid as this kind of inaccurate "reporting" and political garbage throwing?

Calling it "Nazi propaganda".

Dude, you're not helping make a case for anything in any way when you make ignorant and insensitive comments like that. So much for your moniker.[/QUOTE]

If you scroll down the lists of thread topics and responses you will see that many of them are of mix of politics and humor. But I am sorry if I offended you with the Nazi reference. There are countless posts that make references comparing poster's points of view to Stalin, fascism and nazi cronies. I never thought that any of those references were meant to offend. Again, my apologies.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2437690]See, here is the problem; this is a football site, not the New York Times. If I were typing an article for the New York Times or the Washington Post it would be professional and conservative. If you scroll down the lists of thread topics and responses you will see that many of them are of mix of politics and humor. But I am sorry if I offended you with the Nazi reference. There are countless posts that make references comparing poster's points of view to Stalin, fascism and nazi cronies. I never thought that any of those references were meant to offend. Again, my apologies.[/QUOTE]

WEAK explanation.

You view this as a "right vs. left" issue, so you automatically defend the Democrat, not matter what the issue is. Pathetic.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2437692]WEAK explanation.

You view this as a "right vs. left" issue, so you automatically defend the Democrat, not matter what the issue is. Pathetic.[/QUOTE]

my response was an apology for using the nazi reference. It was not an explanation for anything other then that.

Your drivel is beyond words. I do not view this as just a left vs right issue. I think both the Clinton machine and the extreme "right wing nut jobs" are pushing this story every day. My argument is that Obama made a tactical error by not putting more space from him and this lunatic from the start. But i do not believe in guilt by association. More to the point, I do not believe that Obama is racist.

And you are ignorant to assume that I will "automatically defend the democrat" as you say. In fact, if Hillary wins the nomination I will not vote for her, period. We just got through eight years of abuse of power only to have another 4 or 8 more years? No thanks.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-17-2008 at 07:56 PM.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2437692]WEAK explanation.

You view this as a "right vs. left" issue, so you automatically defend the Democrat, not matter what the issue is. Pathetic.[/QUOTE]

As do you, as does everyone. Get over it. The entire politics section of this forum is nothing but sensationalistic "right vs. left" blathering and name calling. Don't pretend you're above it or not part of it...Anyone who expects anything less from this forum is fooling themselves...

[QUOTE=SDJETS;2437708]As do you, as does everyone. Get over it. The entire politics section of this forum is nothing but sensationalistic "right vs. left" blathering and name calling. Don't pretend you're above it or not part of it...Anyone who expects anything less from this forum is fooling themselves...[/QUOTE]

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Some of these people forget that this is a football site first. This site is, and should always be, a mix of politics and humor.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2437718]:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

[B]Some of these people forget that this is a football site firs[/B][B]t[/B]. This site is, and should always be, a mix of politics and humor.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to your buddy Press Coverage.
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 03-17-2008 at 07:59 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=SDJETS;2437708]As do you, as does everyone. Get over it. The entire politics section of this forum is nothing but sensationalistic "right vs. left" blathering and name calling. Don't pretend you're above it or not part of it...Anyone who expects anything less from this forum is fooling themselves...[/QUOTE]

Shut up you leftist pinko commie tool...

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2437705]my response was an apology for using the nazi reference. It was not an explanation for anything other then that.

Your drivel is beyond words. I do not view this as just a left vs right issue. I think both the Clinton machine and the extreme "right wing nut jobs" are pushing this story every day. My argument is that Obama made a tactical error by not putting more space from him and this lunatic from the start. But i do not believe in guilt by association. More to the point, I do not believe that Obama is racist.

And you are ignorant to assume that I will "automatically defend the democrat" as you say. In fact, if Hillary wins the nomination I will not vote for her, period. We just got through eight years of abuse of power only to have another 4 or 8 more years? No thanks.[/QUOTE]

You think this issue is nothing more than a "tactical error"? Obama still hasn't denounced Wright's endorsement. The guy (Wright) is a racist nutjob.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2437718]:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Some of these people forget that this is a football site first. [B]This site is, and should always be, a mix of politics and humor.[/B][/QUOTE]

I guess I missed the memo on Nazi's being funny...

[QUOTE=pauliec;2437729]Tell that to your buddy, Press Coverage.[/QUOTE]

See, but I take Press Coverage as being humorous. Some of his banter with [B]Come Back to Earth[/B] is classic. It rivals the pissing contests I get into with that Doctor of Dopiness too.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-17-2008 at 08:04 PM.

[QUOTE=CTM;2437740]Shut up you leftist pinko commie tool...[/QUOTE]

I wish I could say what should happen to you but I dont want to get banned

[QUOTE=CTM;2437740]Shut up you leftist pinko commie tool...[/QUOTE]

I guess I missed the memo on communism being funny.....

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2437754]I guess I missed the memo on communism being funny.....[/QUOTE]

You know who's really funny? Herr Goebbels.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2437744]See, but I take Press Coverage as being humorous. Some of his banter with [B]Come Back to Earth[/B] is classic. It rivals the pissing contests that I get into with the Doctor of Dopiness too.[/QUOTE]

So you don't take him seriously, then?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetsWI;2437752]I wish I could say what should happen to you but I dont want to get banned[/QUOTE]
    Thinking before you post? Is this something new you're giving a try? Good for you...

[QUOTE=pauliec;2437760]So you don't take him seriously, then?[/QUOTE]

I think many times he says things just to get a rise out of people. As for his actual content, I do not agree with everything he says. I am not prepared to go down all the conspiracy roads that he travels. But I also believe that only a fool trusts everything that is written in our history books and reported on the news.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2437754]I guess I missed the memo on communism being funny.....[/QUOTE]

Actually, the US version of the pinko/commie has ALWAYS been funny..

Don't believe me? Look in the mirror..