Post Thanks / Like

Obama X's speech

I think this is the actual text for anybody who cares to read it:

[url]http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0308/The_speech.html[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm watching this and can't believe it....he's making excuses to justify aunt jermiah wright..."he's part of my family.....I can't disown him"....

unbelievable....

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Company_Man;2438737]I think this is the actual text for anybody who cares to read it:

[url]http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0308/The_speech.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Looks like I was correct in my assertions last week. Thank you for posting this.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2438748]I'm watching this and can't believe it....he's making excuses to justify aunt jermiah wright..."he's part of my family.....I can't disown him"....

unbelievable....[/QUOTE]

Take a day off and go have a discussion with a black person.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;2438751]Take a day off and go have a discussion with a black person.[/QUOTE]

most black people have the common sense to call aunt jeremiah wright for what he is...a lunatic..

common sense- something you could use......

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2438748]I'm watching this and can't believe it....he's making excuses to justify aunt jermiah wright..."he's part of my family.....I can't disown him"....

unbelievable....[/QUOTE]

CBTNY, you have to understand something. [I]He doesn't think what Jemimah Wright said is wrong. [/I] He's only doing this for political expediency. Black racists have had their enablers, white liberals tell them that it's ok to think and say these things publicly and nobody will call you on it. The thing is, no Black guy has gotten this close to the presidency. Now they are being called on it, and they are in a state of shock.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    again- he continues to justify aunt jeremiah wright....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Company_Man;2438758]CBTNY, you have to understand something. [I]He doesn't think what Jemimah Wright said is wrong. [/I] He's only doing this for political expediency. Black racists have had their enablers, white liberals tell them that it's ok to think and say these things publicly and nobody will call you on it. The thing is, no Black guy has gotten this close to the presidency. Now they are being called on it, and they are in a state of shock.[/QUOTE]

I understand this...he's playing aunt jeremiah wright the victim in this entire speech...bad move....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's a hell of a speech, and he needed to make it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually thought it was a good speech but I do agree with CBNY.

The damage is done it's too late..older white folks will not vote for him!

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2438756]most black people have the common sense to call aunt jeremiah wright for what he is...a lunatic..

common sense- something you could use......[/QUOTE]

As soon as you find your share, let me know. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;2438751]Take a day off and go have a discussion with a black person.[/QUOTE]
    WCO - I could go take a day off and chat with David Duke. If I chose to be an angry person with a whole world to blame his arguments would hit home beautifully. David Duke has plenty in common with Wright.

There is ZERO room for this nonsense in Presidential debate. Obama could denounce it fully or let "AmeriKKKa" drag him down. It appears he is foolishly choosing the latter.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Company_Man;2438758]CBTNY, you have to understand something. [I]He doesn't think what Jemimah Wright said is wrong. [/I] He's only doing this for political expediency. Black racists have had their enablers, white liberals tell them that it's ok to think and say these things publicly and nobody will call you on it. The thing is, no Black guy has gotten this close to the presidency. Now they are being called on it, and they are in a state of shock.[/QUOTE]

You two idiots are taking Wright's comments out of context. That community was ravaged by Jim Crow and institutionalized racism; just as the Jews were subjected to Holocausts and pogroms. However, the Jews have a Holy Land, and the blacks need to shut up.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, yeah, it's an eloquent speech and idiots will now compare him to JFK even more.

This isn't the time to be focusing on "black resentment" and a "racial stalemate." Bear Stearns literally just went out of business, and thousands of families are losing their homes (and not just black families). This speech is a distraction, nothing more. Condemn Wright or don't condemn Wright and move on, enough with this.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Stan Blinka;2438769]I actually thought it was a good speech but I do agree with CBNY.

The damage is done it's too late..older white folks will not vote for him![/QUOTE]

he just went on to say "conservative talk show hosts went on to make careers dismissing real racism and trying to mask other situations as reverse racism"...

okay- I agree with that to an extent...

yet he never mentioned in that piece people who constantly cry "racism" when it doesn't exist and do it for no other reason then things didn't go their way...

again- going back to reverend wright being the victim...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2438767]it's a hell of a speech, and he needed to make it.[/QUOTE]

The electorate will not remember this single speech.

They will, however, remember Rev. Wright's multiple speeches.

Hence Obama's problem.
    Last edited by Phoenixx; 03-18-2008 at 11:26 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    need proof of the perfect victim obama is addressing???

here you go-

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;2438777]You two idiots are taking Wright's comments out of context. That community was ravaged by Jim Crow and institutionalized racism; just as the Jews were subjected to Holocausts and pogroms. However, the Jews have a Holy Land, and the blacks need to shut up.[/QUOTE]

hence the reasoning "America deserved what it got on 9-11"....good to hear your justifications...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;2438777]You two idiots are taking Wright's comments out of context. That community was ravaged by Jim Crow and institutionalized racism; just as the Jews were subjected to Holocausts and pogroms. However, the Jews have a Holy Land, and the blacks need to shut up.[/QUOTE]

Jim Crow was in the south! Where is Chicago? That was 50 friggin' years ago! Do you want to give blacks a "holy land". Fine, put it in Africa!

And you are seriously comparing segregation to the Holocaust? You are a dopey white enabler.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2438773]WCO - I could go take a day off and chat with David Duke. If I chose to be an angry person with a whole world to blame his arguments would hit home beautifully. David Duke has plenty in common with Wright.

There is ZERO room for this nonsense in Presidential debate. Obama could denounce it fully or let "AmeriKKKa" drag him down. It appears he is foolishly choosing the latter.[/QUOTE]

sack, I like your argument, but the comparison is a bit weak because David Duke is just angry. He hasn't gone through the difficulties of Jim Crow and instituionalized racism. He just hasn't. As young boys, as young men, these guys were put down, down, down. Let Wright and the rest rip away, it's part of the harvest we have sown today.

I don't WANT to condone Wright's behavior, and I don't want Wright's remarks to slow Barak's momentum.

I say "Just accept it", and move on.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2438767]it's a hell of a speech, and he needed to make it.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="6"][B]He will be your next President so get over it AmeriKKKa[/B][/SIZE]