Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama speech condensed

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Obama speech condensed

Thank you...thank you...thank you...

Quotes from Abraham Lincoln (WHITE [B]REPUBLICAN[/B] who [U]ended[/U] slavery)

Proceeds to trash the founding Fathers for not ending slavery...

Platitudes about how he'll unit the country in these difficult times (no specifics)...blah...blah..blah

Trashes GWB (brownie points for libs)...

Condemns his "pastor"...NOW he says he heard some remarks and strongly disagrees...but still praises the man...(he's probably see tapes of himself attending one of these racist sermons).

His background as a mixed race person qualifies him to be president...

Proceeds to lecture us uninformed, how fiery sermons in black churches are misunderstood...

Can't disown his pastor as much as he can't disown his bigoted white grandmother...

"We don't need to resight past injustices" -- then proceeds to list all of America's racial injustices...

Justifies his racist pastor's comments and feelings because of the past and discrimination...

Tells us why middle class whites of immigrant origin are justified in THEIR bigoted beliefs against other races...big corporations (not government) widens the racial devide...

Shot at right wing (hate) radio...

His pastor message was actually using conservative principles...("God damn America")

Platidude...platitude...platitude..."audacity of hope"...

Quotes from major religions...(in other words:[I]I have sinned against you[/I])...

Video of his pastors sermons are just a distraction...the real culprit is our failing schools (question: how must of YOUR taxes go toward the school system, hmmm)

Tells story about a white girl that helped out a black church while her mother was suffering for cancer and lost her job... (evil healthcare reference)

platitude...platitude...platitude...

In other words, I just wasted about 40 minutes of my life!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You nailed it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    :zzz::zzz::zzz:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    His line about not being able to disown his pastor any more than being able to disown family members makes absolutely no sense. He wasn't born into this church or compelled by parents as a child to join. He joined it as an adult, voluntarily, and he didn't denounce any of this guy's ridiculous rants until they started to have a political cost to his ambitions. If this is who he chooses to get guidance from, I worry abotu who he'll choose to be supreme court justices.

No, this pastor is not running for President. Obama is and Obama, as an adult, chose to have this moon-bat be an advisor. This is a window into the types of people Obama will choose to listen to and, possibly, a window indow what Obama believes.

It's not a huge deal, but its not nothing. And if McCain had chosen, as an adult, to voluntarily join a white-power church, you liberals would be BESIDE YOURSELVES and you know it. And if he only denounces white-power racism after his polls numbers slipped and talked about not being able to disown the guy, you'd all lose your minds. So, honestly, STFU and be honest about things. The inability or refusal of liberals to be honest about themselves and those they support will never cease to amaze me. I actually think some of you think Obama is "above" politics. I really do. What a joke.

Obama - a paint-by-numbers politician. Surprise, surprise. Trust me, there are plenty of reasons not to vote for Obama other than this....
    Last edited by jets5ever; 03-18-2008 at 12:27 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

"Race and Politics"

[QUOTE]The fact that Obama talks differently than Jeremiah Wright does not mean that his track record is different. Barack Obama's voting record in the Senate is perfectly consistent with the far left ideology and the grievance culture, just as his wife's statement that she was never proud of her country before is consistent with that ideology.

Senator Barack Obama's political success thus far has been a blow for equality. But equality has its down side.

Equality means that a black demagogue who has been exposed as a phony deserves exactly the same treatment as a white demagogue who has been exposed as a phony.
    [/QUOTE]

[url=http://www.townhall.com/columnists/ThomasSowell/2008/03/18/race_and_politics?page=2] more [/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever;2438984]His line about not being able to disown his pastor any more than being able to disown family members makes absolutely no sense. He wasn't born into this church or compelled by parents as a child to join. He joined it as an adult, voluntarily, and he didn't denounce any of this guy's ridiculous rants until they started to have a political cost to his ambitions. If this is who he chooses to get guidance from, I worry abotu who he'll choose to be supreme court justices.

No, this pastor is not running for President. Obama is and Obama, as an adult, chose to have this moon-bat be an advisor. This is a window into the types of people Obama will choose to listen to and, possibly, a window indow what Obama believes.
    [B]
    It's not a huge deal, but its not nothing.[/B] And if McCain had chosen, as an adult, to voluntarily join a white-power church, you liberals would be BESIDE YOURSELVES and you know it. And if he only denounces white-power racism after his polls numbers slipped and talked about not being able to disown the guy, you'd all lose your minds. So, honestly, STFU and be honest about things. The inability or refusal of liberals to be honest about themselves and those they support will never cease to amaze me. I actually think some of you think Obama is "above" politics. I really do. What a joke.

Obama - a paint-by-numbers politician. Surprise, surprise. Trust me, there are plenty of reasons not to vote for Obama other than this....[/QUOTE]

It is nothing. My god you right wingers are laughably pathetic. This BS outrage to what his friggin pastor said is not only predictable but flat out idiotic. The preist at my church says stupid sh!t all the time. He also is a paint it by number republican and is pro-life. Does that mean his views and mine are one and the same??? No. Do i need to go out and publically denounce him??? Of course not. He s a F'n priest. thats what they do. They stupid crap to rile up the parishioners. Who cares?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2439514]It is nothing. My god you right wingers are laughably pathetic. This BS outrage to what his friggin pastor said is not only predictable but flat out idiotic. The preist at my church says stupid sh!t all the time. He also is a paint it by number republican and is pro-life. Does that mean his views and mine are one and the same??? No. Do i need to go out and publically denounce him??? Of course not. [B]He s a F'n priest[/B]. thats what they do. They stupid crap to rile up the parishioners. Who cares?[/QUOTE]
    During Holy Week?:nono:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2439522]During Holy Week?:nono:[/QUOTE]
    Not my holy week.
    And even if it was....who cares? Priests are men. They are mere mortals. They make mistakes, they say dumb things. They do not have divine powers (if there is such a thing).

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2439546]Not my holy week.
    And even if it was....who cares? Priests are men. They are mere mortals. They make mistakes, they say dumb things. They do not have divine powers (if there is such a thing).[/QUOTE]

He's a minister, not a priest. Let me put it this way, if you went to a church, temple etc. and the priest, minister etc. used the pulpit to make unsupported hateful diatribes would you continue to attend this religous institution? Would you take your kids there? Why bother to go there unless you buy into this guys teachings? Remember this is not a single remark but a litany of anti-whitey comments. This is the type of guy who is helping to stifle black Americans from advancing forward. It's whitey's fault that blacks____(fill in the blank). I'm tired of this hateful garbage, and this might be what costs Obama the nomination.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever;2438984][B]His line about not being able to disown his pastor any more than being able to disown family members makes absolutely no sense. He wasn't born into this church or compelled by parents as a child to join. [/B]He joined it as an adult, voluntarily, and he didn't denounce any of this guy's ridiculous rants until they started to have a political cost to his ambitions. If this is who he chooses to get guidance from, I worry abotu who he'll choose to be supreme court justices.

It's not a huge deal, but its not nothing. And if McCain had chosen, as an adult, to voluntarily join a white-power church, you liberals would be BESIDE YOURSELVES and you know it. And if he only denounces white-power racism after his polls numbers slipped and talked about not being able to disown the guy, you'd all lose your minds. So, honestly, STFU and be honest about things. The inability or refusal of liberals to be honest about themselves and those they support will never cease to amaze me. I actually think some of you think Obama is "above" politics. I really do. What a joke.

Obama - a paint-by-numbers politician. Surprise, surprise. Trust me, there are plenty of reasons not to vote for Obama other than this....[/QUOTE]

The notion that a priest, community worker or any non-related figure for that matter, cannot be as important as a blood relative shows unbelievable ignorance. How many people have been influenced by loved ones who are not related. Life doesn't always mirror [I]The Leave It To Beaver [/I] show. Sometimes relatives let us down. And it is very possible that this preacher, who's sermons I detest, is more then just the thirty second sound bites played on fox in continuous loops.

Sorry, but you telling me to "[B]trust you[/B] that there are plenty of reasons not to vote for Obama" means about as much to me as the lint in my dryer. Maybe even less then that. It would be nice for you if you could make him "a paint-by-numbers" politician. It would fit nicely into your world of bottom line numbers and corporation apologist. Any time you want to have a debate about whether Obama is just a regular run of the mill candidate [B]I will welcome that[/B], I promise you.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-18-2008 at 09:44 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2439514]It is nothing. My god you right wingers are laughably pathetic. This BS outrage to what his friggin pastor said is not only predictable but flat out idiotic. The preist at my church says stupid sh!t all the time. He also is a paint it by number republican and is pro-life. Does that mean his views and mine are one and the same??? No. Do i need to go out and publically denounce him??? Of course not. He s a F'n priest. thats what they do. They stupid crap to rile up the parishioners. Who cares?[/QUOTE]

Why do you still go to that church then? Beside, you're not running for prez

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb;2438837]
    His background as a mixed race person qualifies him to be president...![/QUOTE] Baloney!! The constitution says nothing about race as a qualifier!

[QUOTE]Proceeds to lecture us uninformed, how fiery sermons in black churches are misunderstood...[/QUOTE]
    More baloney; it's not the style but the words spoken...if wright had said those same things in a normal conversational tone, they're still racist, untrue, and hateful!!

[QUOTE]Can't disown his pastor as much as he can't disown his bigoted white grandmother...[/QUOTE]
    Triple baloney; you don't choose your grandmother, but you do choose your church and pastor. If your pastor's not telling the truth, you should leave!!

[QUOTE]

In other words, I just wasted about 40 minutes of my life![/QUOTE]

Not true....you saved me from wasting 40 minutes of my life...:yes::yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa;2439881]Why do you still go to that church then? Beside, you're not running for prez[/QUOTE]

Because i like the communitity, im friends with many the parishioners, it offers alot of good programs to the kids, and aside from the stupid comments he makes, the priest is actually pretty good in leading the prayer.

There is more to a church and what it offers than what one man says, even if he is the head priest.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying not to get involved in political discussions on here but...

This is what it comes down to: NO ONE ON HERE BLASTING HIS SPEECH WAS EVER GOING TO VOTE FOR HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE, SO QUIT WASTING YOUR BREATHE!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you step back and look at it, no matter what party you are from, every word of this speech is true. I can't think of a speech given by a US politician like this one in my lifetime. It was so conversational and entirely honest -- like he was talking to friends. I hope it works out for him.

Conservatives: Admit it to yourself -- none of the Conservative candidates would have done this. They all would have gone out and done the usual side-step BS like that girl Romney did. McCain tried to do this when he attacked Falwell last time, but he couldn't take the heat in the end.

That was a President standing up there...As Barry Goldwater once said "In your heart, you know he's right."

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2439984]If you step back and look at it, no matter what party you are from, every word of this speech is true. I can't think of a speech given by a US politician like this one in my lifetime. It was so conversational and entirely honest -- like he was talking to friends. I hope it works out for him.

Conservatives: Admit it to yourself -- none of the Conservative candidates would have done this. They all would have gone out and done the usual side-step BS like that girl Romney did. McCain tried to do this when he attacked Falwell last time, but he couldn't take the heat in the end.

That was a President standing up there...As Barry Goldwater once said "In your heart, you know he's right."[/QUOTE]

you're right....no conservative would have done this as any conservative candidate from the past half decade who was found knowingly patronizing a racist for 20 years and consulting with them would not have gotten this far in the process...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever;2438984]His line about not being able to disown his pastor any more than being able to disown family members makes absolutely no sense. He wasn't born into this church or compelled by parents as a child to join. He joined it as an adult, voluntarily, and he didn't denounce any of this guy's ridiculous rants until they started to have a political cost to his ambitions. If this is who he chooses to get guidance from, I worry abotu who he'll choose to be supreme court justices.

What amazes me is how you write so much but say so little. Seems to me that you're married to your preconceptions and that you're not a very good listener.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Outcoached;2439981]This is what it comes down to: NO ONE ON HERE BLASTING HIS SPEECH WAS EVER GOING TO VOTE FOR HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE, SO QUIT WASTING YOUR BREATHE!!![/QUOTE]

versus the people here who were going to vote for him in the first place were never going to blast his speech?????

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2440146]you're right....no conservative would have done this as any conservative candidate from the past half decade who was found knowingly patronizing a racist for 20 years and consulting with them would not have gotten this far in the process...[/QUOTE]

Ron Paul was an affirmed racist.
    Mitt Romney belonged to a racist faith until he was nearly 30 years old.
    Ronald Reagan courted racists actively.
    Which one of the Conservatives decried the racism of William F. Buckley? Where is McCain on the horrible things Pat Robertson says on a daily basis? Oh yeah, he's licking his b**ls for an endorsement.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2440590]Ron Paul was an affirmed racist.
    Mitt Romney belonged to a racist faith until he was nearly 30 years old.
    Ronald Reagan courted racists actively.
    Which one of the Conservatives decried the racism of William F. Buckley? Where is McCain on the horrible things Pat Robertson says on a daily basis? Oh yeah, he's licking his b**ls for an endorsement.[/QUOTE]

All your points are fair but doesn't a candidate that is running on hope and change with very little record to prove competence at least have to live up to hope and change?