Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hussein Obooma X.... Fire Imus

Hussein Obooma X.... Fire Imus

[url]http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3031317&page=1[/url]

[QUOTE][b]I understand MSNBC has suspended Mr. Imus," Obama told ABC News, "but I would also say that there's nobody on my staff who would still be working for me if they made a comment like that about anybody of any ethnic group. And I would hope that NBC ends up having that same attitude." [/b]

By JAKE TAPPER
    April 11, 2007

In an interview with ABC News Wednesday afternoon, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., called for the firing of talk radio host Don Imus. Obama said he would never again appear on Imus' show, which is broadcast on CBS Radio and MSNBC television.

Insults, humor that degrades women, humor that is based in racism and racial stereotypes isn't fun," the senator told ABC News.

"And the notion that somehow it's cute or amusing, or a useful diversion, I think, is something that all of us have to recognize is just not the case. We all have First Amendment rights. And I am a constitutional lawyer and strongly believe in free speech, but as a culture, we really have to do some soul-searching to think about what kind of toxic information are we feeding our kids," he concluded.Obama said he appeared once on Imus' show two years ago, and "I have no intention of returning."

Racial Slur Stirs Trouble for Shock Jock

Last week, Imus referred to the Rutgers University women's basketball team, most of whom are African-American, as "nappy-headed hos." He has since apologized for his remarks, and CBS and MSNBC suspended his show for two weeks.

"He didn't just cross the line," Obama said. "He fed into some of the worst stereotypes that my two young daughters are having to deal with today in America. The notions that as young African-American women -- who I hope will be athletes -- that that somehow makes them less beautiful or less important. It was a degrading comment. It's one that I'm not interested in supporting."

Though every major presidential candidate has decried the racist remarks, Obama is the first one to say Imus should lose his job for them.

His proclamation was the latest in an ever-expanding list of bad news for Imus.

Sponsors, including American Express Co., General Motors Corp., Procter & Gamble Co., and Staples Inc. -- have announced they are pulling advertisements from the show for the indefinite future.

Tuesday, the basketball team held a press conference.

"I think that this has scarred me for life," said Matee Ajavon. "We grew up in a world where racism exists, and there's nothing we can do to change that."

"What we've been seeing around this country is this constant ratcheting up of a coarsening of the culture that all of have to think about," Obama said.[/QUOTE]

So Jug Ears wants whitey fired for making racist remarks but will sit and listen to his spiritual adviser make them for 20 years.

What a man of high character. No hypocrisy there.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2440012][url]http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3031317&page=1[/url]

So Jug Ears wants whitey fired for making racist remarks but will sit and listen to his spiritual adviser make them for 20 years.

What a man of high character. No hypocrisy there.[/QUOTE]

Good job, Dean. Keep them coming.

Reminds me of the sound made on that show "A Current Affair".....WHAMMMMM!!!

Seems like I remember something like, "People who live in glass houses......"

Hypocracy? You mean like Republicans wanting to impeach one president for lying about getting his c*** s***** but will fight to the death to defend a president who lied about weapons of mass destruction (one that has gotten American troops killed, unlike the felatio)?

Got it. Its okay to be a hypocrite as long as your Republican.

thank god for freedom of speech because if Repugnants had to rely on issues they would have no shot in hell of winning

[QUOTE=JetsWI;2440228]thank god for freedom of speech because if Repugnants had to rely on issues they would have no shot in hell of winning[/QUOTE]

Haha, it's amusing that when left defenseless, you libs resort to attacks on Republicans rather than address the issue at hand.

[QUOTE=Snell;2440234]Haha, it's amusing that when left defenseless, you libs resort to attacks on Republicans rather than address the issue at hand.[/QUOTE]

I think its amusing in the face of a failing economy and a second Vietnam, that you conservatives want to bring up soundbytes on one man's opinion of an irrelevant radio talk show host.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Snell;2440234]Haha, it's amusing that when left defenseless, you libs resort to attacks on Republicans rather than address the issue at hand.[/QUOTE]

never mind the contradiction of the brain dead rat-wingers....

thank God for freedom of speech...unless of course we don't agree with that speech then you should get fired...of course if that same type of speech is from someone we support then we'll make excuses for it....

[QUOTE=newjakecity;2440242]I think its amusing in the face of a failing economy and a second Vietnam, that you conservatives want to bring up soundbytes on one man's opinion of an irrelevant radio talk show host.[/QUOTE]

No, not his opinion on Imus, but rather how that opinion flies right in the face of what he actually practices in his own campaign. Hey, Change........we can count on :rolleyes:

F**K Imus!

He makes a very inappropriate remark, gets a s***load of publicity, and now has a new radio deal worth more money.

Only in f'n America.

what is the issue? That Obamas Pastor made some racist comments, or the economy is going to ****, there is a war in Iraq that doesnt seem to be going good and 1/4 of the population has no health insurance, what is the real issue?

[QUOTE=Snell;2440254]No, not his opinion on Imus, but rather how that opinion flies right in the face of what he actually practices in his own campaign. Hey, Change........we can count on :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

And again, how is any of this relevant to our current economic state or that our troops are dying overseas in droves with no end in site?

[QUOTE=JetsWI;2440257]what is the issue? That Obamas Pastor made some racist comments, or the economy is going to ****, there is a war in Iraq that doesnt seem to be going good and 1/4 of the population has no health insurance, what is the real issue?[/QUOTE]

The issue is your golden boy candidate preaching change with next to no track record is suddenly showing his true colors as a hypocrite who seeks the guidance of a hate mongering racist. Yeah, I guess there's no issue at all. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=JetsWI;2440257]what is the issue? That Obamas Pastor made some racist comments, or the economy is going to ****, there is a war in Iraq that doesnt seem to be going good and 1/4 of the population has no health insurance, what is the real issue?[/QUOTE]

If you don't worry about that you might accidentally focus on all the war profiteering going on!

[QUOTE=newjakecity;2440260]And again, how is any of this relevant to our current economic state or that our troops are dying overseas in droves with no end in site?[/QUOTE]

Your right, God Damn America I guess.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2440246]never mind the contradiction of the brain dead rat-wingers....

thank God for freedom of speech...unless of course we don't agree with that speech then you should get fired...of course if that same type of speech is from someone we support then we'll make excuses for it....[/QUOTE]

its all a distraction, McCain could come out as a former ku klux klan member and you know what, no one on the left would give a ****, we hate him for what he stands for

Repugnants LOVE when **** like this happens, it is the only way they can win elections, rather then let Americans think for themselves they need the Democrats and there friends to do borderline controversial things and blow it up to massive proportions

Repugnants are ONLY able to win by smearing and that is the truth

[QUOTE=Snell;2440265]The issue is your golden boy candidate preaching change with next to no track record is suddenly showing his true colors as a hypocrite who seeks the guidance of a hate mongering racist. Yeah, I guess there's no issue at all. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

If that's the issue...THEN YOUR WHOLE PARTY IS GUILTY OF SEEKING THE SUPPORT OF WAR MONGERING RACIST!

[QUOTE=Snell;2440270]Your right, God Damn America I guess.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Typical Republican. Anybody who thinks we can improve this obviously hates the country and should just leave :rolleyes: . This isn't 2004 anymore. Most of America is not falling for that Karl Rove crap.