Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pepsi Buys Naming Rights for Xanadu Ferris Wheel

Hall Of Fame

Pepsi Buys Naming Rights for Xanadu Ferris Wheel

...and, in the process, answers the age-old question:

[B]HOW CAN YOU MAKE THE UGLIEST THING IN THE WORLD UGLIER ??[/B]

[IMG]http://imgsrv.wcbs880.com/image/DbGraphic/200802/865900.jpg[/IMG]

[B]Pepsi Buys Naming Rights for Xanadu Ferris Wheel[/B]

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- A 287-foot tall Ferris wheel under construction at the Meadowlands will be draped with Pepsi's logo.

Pepsi-Cola North America has purchased the naming rights in a 10-year deal. A gigantic logo will be displayed in the middle of the wheel.

A spokeswoman for Pepsi isn't commenting on the price of the so-called ``Pepsi Globe,'' but The Wall Street Journal reports a price tag of $100 million.

The wind-powered Ferris wheel at Meadowlands Xanadu will be depicted on 450 million soda cans nationwide. The ride will take 25 minutes and will offer views of the Manhattan skyline.

The shopping mall with sports and entertainment venues is scheduled to open in November next to Giants Stadium.

The Xanadu gets increasingly mind-numbingly bad with each new development. I'm waiting for someone to tell me, "Haha, just kidding, this was all a joke."

No such luck; you can already see the dreadful color scheme take shape from the Turnpike.

We better do some winning because we are looking like a bunch of losers when it comes to this stadium............how ugly

[QUOTE=pauliec;2442056]The Xanadu gets increasingly mind-numbingly bad with each new development. I'm waiting for someone to tell me, "Haha, just kidding, this was all a joke."

No such luck; you can already see the dreadful color scheme take shape from the Turnpike.[/QUOTE]

I pass it everyday, all I can do is shake my head....What where they thinking?

Jets Insider VIP
    Dubai aint got sh*t on Xanadu!

All Pro
    The ferris wheel looks cool.:)

What are they paying, $100 mil? I'll double it, to have my face rotating on that ferris wheel instead of the Pepsi logo.

[QUOTE=SUJets1988;2442076]What are they paying, $100 mil? I'll double it, to have my face rotating on that ferris wheel instead of the Pepsi logo.[/QUOTE]

As if it wasn't ugly enough already...

OH!!

[QUOTE=pauliec;2442056]The Xanadu gets increasingly mind-numbingly bad with each new development. I'm waiting for someone to tell me, "Haha, just kidding, this was all a joke."

No such luck; you can already see the dreadful color scheme take shape from the Turnpike.[/QUOTE]

It seems like it will have every thing a die-hard traditional football fan could crave. Nothing says football like Indoor ski mountains, shopping malls, ferris wheels, clowns and go carts.

Green Bay has lambeau Field, the frozen tundra and the ghost of Vince Lombardi. We can't even get Jimmy Hoffa's ghost to stick around, there is so much sh*t going on there :steamin:

You all ***** now, but you know as soon as the place opens, your wives will be planning the next family day at the Xanadu.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2442125]As if it wasn't ugly enough already...

OH!![/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.ritson-sole.com/images/golftips/2001/april01-2.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;2442137]You all ***** now, but you know as soon as the place opens, your wives will be planning the next family day at the Xanadu.[/QUOTE]

What so now we got a representative of Xanadu on JI?????

All Pro
    Hopefully that stadium will mute this and the rest of the **** these people are
    building. This looks like a Coney Island gone bad.

giants, patriots and bills colors

boooooooo!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;2442163]Hopefully that stadium will mute this and the rest of the **** these people are
    building. This looks like a Coney Island gone bad.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/jojodogs/cyclone02.jpg[/IMG]

Me and my 72 year old grandma rode that bad boy with the gang every Saturday. She paid for all the kids in the neighborhood to ride it with us to. Don't ever compare that new piece of **** with a piece of NY history.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=thebigragu;2442280][IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/jojodogs/cyclone02.jpg[/IMG]

Me and my 72 year old grandma rode that bad boy with the gang every Saturday. She paid for all the kids in the neighborhood to ride it with us to. Don't ever compare that new piece of **** with a piece of NY history.[/QUOTE]

First roller coaster I ever rode. Still the best damn one ever.

So long as season ticker holders don't get charged with any PSL's, if this allows the Jets to pass on the PSL's, I support the idea of selling as many naming rights as the Jets can sell ... again, so long as this means we season ticket holders will not get smacked with the bill for Xanadu, I encourage Woody to sell these naming rights!
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 03-20-2008 at 07:28 AM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=copernicus;2442058]We better do some winning because we are looking like a bunch of losers when it comes to this stadium............how ugly[/QUOTE]

Look at the bright side.

The Jets are only half responsible for this fiasco.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2442483]Look at the bright side.

The Jets are only half responsible for this fiasco.[/QUOTE]

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

Banned
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2442434]So long as season ticker holders don't get charged with any PSL's, [B]if this allows the Jets to pass on the PSL's, I support the idea of selling as many naming rights as the Jets can sell[/B] ... again, so long as this means we season ticket holders will not get smacked with the bill for Xanadu, I encourage Woody to sell these naming rights![/QUOTE]

Hammer, what does Xanadu have to do with Jets/Giants football operations?

Naming rights for a ferris wheel will not go to Woody's bottom line.