Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pepsi Buys Naming Rights for Xanadu Ferris Wheel

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2442487]

Hammer, what does Xanadu have to do with Jets/Giants football operations?

Naming rights for a ferris wheel will not go to Woody's bottom line.[/QUOTE]I don't know, I'm hoping Woody has a piece of that action as well :D

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2442129]It seems like it will have every thing a die-hard traditional football fan could crave. Nothing says football like Indoor ski mountains, shopping malls, ferris wheels, clowns and go carts.

Green Bay has lambeau Field, the frozen tundra and the ghost of Vince Lombardi. We can't even get Jimmy Hoffa's ghost to stick around, there is so much sh*t going on there :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Excellent post IJF..................Now we are third class citizens the Giants and Xanadu first and second

Banned
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2442490]I don't know, I'm hoping Woody has a piece of that action as well :D[/QUOTE]

If the NFL is contributing a percentage toward the construction costs of the new stadium (like they do with all new stadiums for NFL teams), no way in hell amusement parks are tied to the deal.

Xanadu has to be a completely separate entity.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2442483]Look at the bright side.

The Jets are only half responsible for this fiasco.[/QUOTE]

How is either football team responsible for the Xanadu fiasco? I think the blame there goes to the NJ Sports Exposition and the state. Don't think the Jets and Giants had any say in the Xanadu folly.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=thebigragu;2442280][IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/jojodogs/cyclone02.jpg[/IMG]

Me and my 72 year old grandma rode that bad boy with the gang every Saturday. She paid for all the kids in the neighborhood to ride it with us to. Don't ever compare that new piece of **** with a piece of NY history.[/QUOTE]

Ragu, I didn't. I said it looks like a Coney Island gone bad. Coney Island was great!

Come on guys, if you didn't see crap like this coming, you've just been kidding yourself.

Expect the Pepsi Ferris Wheel to be surrounded by things like the Honda Boardwalk and Hewlett Packard Food Court, while people file into Comcast Stadium through the Bennigan's West Gate of the stadium to get into the game, which will be brought to you entirely by Budweiser.

Welcome to mixed-use commercial real estate and the 21st century. Get used to it, 'cause there ain't no goin' back.

i can xanudu being shut down in a matter of years

Hall Of Fame

Hope Springs Eternal

Update:

[url]http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/03/sports_authority_to_review_xan.html[/url]

[QUOTE][B]Sports authority demanding a review of Xanadu appearance[/B]
    by Maura McDermott/The Star-Ledger
    Tuesday March 18, 2008, 4:04 PM

Responding to complaints about the look of the Xanadu complex rising in the Meadowlands, the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority is demanding a show-and-tell by the project's architects.

The authority's board [B]"has widespread concern with the current appearance[/B]" of Xanadu, and expects a presentation by the project's architects at a public meeting on March 27, according to a letter from Carl Goldberg, chair of the board, to Larry Siegel, president of Meadowlands Xanadu.

[B]Local residents and officials have complained about the project's blue-and-orange exterior, with state Senate President Richard Codey calling it "yucky-looking."[/B]

The developers also must submit plans for the proposed Pepsi-branded Ferris wheel, Goldberg wrote. The nearly 300-foot wheel would bear a 150-foot, electronic Pepsi sign, according to a $100 million sponsorship deal reached by developers and the soft-drink company.

However, the Pepsi deal cannot go forward unless the authority approves the design of the wheel and the sponsorship terms, Goldberg said today.

"We'll deal with the Ferris wheel and the sponsorship of the Ferris wheel as we've dealt with every other aspect of the project, with a thorough and complete review to make sure it's consistent with the original conceptual presentation," he said.

The $2 billion, two million-square-foot Xanadu retail and entertainment complex is expected to open in November. It is funded by Colony Capital, a private equity firm.

Richard Edmonds, a spokesman for the developer expressed confidence in the project's design today.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder," Edmonds said. "There were probably people who thought the Eiffel Tower was really ugly when it was being built. We love the design. Plus, it's a work in progress." [/QUOTE]

For a bunch of "right wingers" you all do ***** a lot about how corporations make money while killing "tradition".

I just recently saw the aerial view of the complex

man....

embarrassing...

Hall Of Fame
    Just take some acid, get really high and watch it go around in a circle.

[IMG]http://img20.exs.cx/img20/9743/trippy1.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE]
    Richard Edmonds, a spokesman for the developer expressed confidence in the project's design today.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder," Edmonds said. "There were probably people who thought the Eiffel Tower was really ugly when it was being built. We love the design. Plus, it's a work in progress."[/QUOTE]

Is this clown serious with that comparison?

All Pro
    Orange and blues.... that is such an eye-sore. They tear buildings down that look like that crappy cheap 1970's BS. How many different contractors got to bid on the design? It's the ugliest thing I have ever seen.