Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DROB fails physical; Next step is release...(merged)

Veteran

DROB fails physical; Next step is release...(merged)

per rotoworld.com

Trade talks between the Broncos and Jets involving DL Dewayne Robertson are beginning to "peter out," according to Newsday.

Robertson failed his physical and Denver is strapped for cash. The team released eight operations staff members on Wednesday, including web site editor Andrew Mason, who did an excellent job. Robertson would also require a new contract if he was acquired. He may now be cut this summer.

Jets Insider VIP
    How the **** is this tub of **** still failing physicals?! Are teams actually opening up his knee to see if there IS a bone-on-bone condition?! Seriously. This pisses me off to no end. :steamin:

So who's next? Detroit? D-Rob and next year's 3rd round pick for Roy Williams?

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;2442544]How the **** is this tub of **** still failing physicals?! Are teams actually opening up his knee to see if there IS a bone-on-bone condition?! Seriously. This pisses me off to no end. :steamin:

So who's next? Detroit? D-Rob and next year's 3rd round pick for Roy Williams?[/QUOTE]

We'd have to give up more than that for Williams.

[QUOTE=Jets Things;2442544]So who's next? Detroit? D-Rob and next year's 3rd round pick for Roy Williams?[/QUOTE]

If you want Roy Williams, you'd need to trade a lot more than a mediocre DT with knee problems and a 3rd rounder.

Maybe DRob plus your 2009 1st would get it done since DRob isn't worth anything anymore.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Instead of us selfishly complaining about him failing physicals, think about the fact that this young man is looking at a very short future in his chosen profession.

I feel bad for DRob.

D'rob Question

I'm confused . . .

If D'Rob is failing physicals, what makes him think he'll get a "big deal" once (if) the Jets cut him in June?

Wouldn't it be in his best interest to restructure NOW and get whatever he can?

Of course, I'm assuming he can play through the pain like he has been. Otherwise, we have no choice but to cut/release him.

But I don't see why he's gonna have any suitors in June if he can't pass anyone's physical. It's not like he's recovering from an injury (a la Vilma) and expects to be in better shape a few months from now.

We should just keep him at "damaged goods" prices and see if there's a place for him on our "revamped" defense.

Of course, I'm probably missing something . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2442549]We'd have to give up more than that for Williams.[/QUOTE]

I know, I know. Just frustrated. He's going to get cut and picked up by someone else whose physical he will magically pass and we'll get nothing for him (except cap room to resign #25).

Veteran
    They are probably doing an MRI on his Knee and seeing a bunch of junk.

My center does some of the MLB teams during spring training and a very well known pitcher was going to sign with one of these teams (Sorry can't devulge HIPPA regulations) and after I did his MRI (He told me he felt great and no issues with his knee) it showed a mess inside his knee so the team did not offer him a contract.

Thats my guess.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;2442551]Instead of us selfishly complaining about him failing physicals, think about the fact that this young man is looking at a very short future in his chosen profession.

I feel bad for DRob.[/QUOTE]

How heart-warming. :rolleyes: But in all seriousness, yeah, I know what you're saying. It sucks that his career will be cut too short because he could be dominant if paired next to the right 4-3 DT. That being said, at least Al Toon did something for this team before his career was cut way too short.

I'm more curious as to why Denver's so strapped for dough.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2442562]I'm more curious as to why Denver's so strapped for dough.[/QUOTE]

too much Bear stock in the portfolio?

Veteran

Why can't you do the MRI on D-Rob

[QUOTE=Stan Blinka;2442557]They are probably doing an MRI on his Knee and seeing a bunch of junk.

My center does some of the MLB teams during spring training and a very well known pitcher was going to sign with one of these teams (Sorry can't devulge HIPPA regulations) and after I did his MRI (He told me he felt great and no issues with his knee) it showed a mess inside his knee so the team did not offer him a contract.

Thats my guess.[/QUOTE]

And tell all the NFL he's got eight quality years left, and he's worth a second rounder!?

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

[QUOTE=jetswin;2442551]Instead of us selfishly complaining about him failing physicals, think about the fact that this young man is looking at a very short future in his chosen profession.

Are you kidding me??? This guy made more money just by signing his name on the dotted line on his rookie contract than all of us here on JI will earn in our entire lifetimes combined.

Feel sorry for an NFL player who pocketed that kind of cash in only a few years? Please. :rolleyes:

- Justin

Veteran
    [QUOTE=fuzzyjetsfan;2442566]And tell all the NFL he's got eight quality years left, and he's worth a second rounder!?[/QUOTE]

HaHA...Nice.

I only take the pictures...the guy who drives the brand new Mercedes reads them:yes:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Dont be silly... Teams are just reluctant to trade anything for a guy that could have injury problems for them.

Once Drob hits the open market he will be on another team the 1st day. The guy hasnt missed games because of his knee, so he will be given a chance to keep that going. Just not at his current pay and thats something we have known for a while.

Veteran

Couldn't files get

[QUOTE=Stan Blinka;2442570]HaHA...Nice.

I only take the pictures...the guy who drives the brand new Mercedes reads them:yes:[/QUOTE]

"accidently swapped"? I see it all the time on forensic files.

[QUOTE=jetswin;2442564]too much Bear stock in the portfolio?[/QUOTE]

That damn Jim Cramer, now he's wrecked the Broncos.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=fuzzyjetsfan;2442573]"accidently swapped"? I see it all the time on forensic files.[/QUOTE]

Great idea!!! I can get DROB to front me a couple a million and than retire!!!

[quote=jetswin;2442551]Instead of us selfishly complaining about him failing physicals, think about the fact that this young man is looking at a very short future in his chosen profession.

I feel bad for DRob.[/quote]

QFT

Right now, the best thing DRob could do for himself is agree to renegotiate his deal with the Jets

Banned

BS...

I'll feel bad if he's out of work for more than 3 days.

I'd be shocked if Denver doesn't sign him w/in hours of us releasing him.