Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DROB fails physical; Next step is release...(merged)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's more:

[url]http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx[/url]

It says here that they were willing to overlook the injury due to the fact that he hasn't missed many games, they just couldn't afford him.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems like no one agrees with my original post
    oh well, better luck next time:D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2442578]QFT

Right now, the best thing DRob could do for himself is agree to renegotiate his deal with the Jets[/QUOTE]

thats the best deal he could hope for.
    incentive laden too.
    but he's a backup now and maybe even a 3rd stringer.

He'll be cut after the draft and before camp and the bonus is due.
    Maybe he'll make a mini-camp and the team can show footage of a productive player on the field/.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are probably stuck with Drob. He isn't going to renegotiate if he knows he is going to get cut soon after.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NFL NYJETS;2442585]We are probably stuck with Drob. He isn't going to renegotiate if he knows he is going to get cut soon after.[/QUOTE]

We arent stuck with anything. He will be cut. 100%

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The resolution of this debate will come when DRob is released.

If he's signed three days later then the talk of his bad knee was just BS.

If he's still sitting around after 2 months and nobody has offered him anything, then his knees really were a problem.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The funny thing is,

[QUOTE=LockeJET;2442587]We arent stuck with anything. He will be cut. 100%[/QUOTE]

watch how many teams try to pounce on him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's funny is when the Jets release him, he'll get signed by someone, have a good season, and inevitably someone will blame Tangini for not getting anything for him.

This is a sad situation where the Jets could do nothing about it. Theoretically they could have tried trading him last yr, but, they would have had even less on the DL then. 3-4 vs. 4-3 matters less, because seems to me he would be making way too much to be paid on either.

I think the real problem is that he holds all the cards, if the Jets cut him, he can sign with whomever not just the teams the Jets are trying to work out a deal with.

The best shot was an open competition, now the Bengals and Broncos are out, doesn't leave a lot of teams interested in his services. What can you do?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    All this time that everyone's been talking about trading D-Rob, cutting D-Rob, I've been saying that anyone who thinks D-Rob will be cut is delerious. He's a good player and has been very productive for the Jets even if is not the perfect fit NT in a 3-4. However, apparently all that time I had no CLUE that D-Rob had a serious knee situation, mainly because I never saw him miss any games nor was this information IN MY FACE until recently (maybe I missed it in the past).......therefore......I guess he could be cut, and so I appoligize to everyone for my off-base assertions.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;2442551]Instead of us selfishly complaining about him failing physicals, think about the fact that this young man is looking at a very short future in his chosen profession.

I feel bad for DRob.[/QUOTE]

He can live a decent life on what he has right now.

Think about it.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;2442600]All this time that everyone's been talking about trading D-Rob, cutting D-Rob, I've been saying that anyone who thinks D-Rob will be cut is delerious. He's a good player and has been very productive for the Jets even if is not the perfect fit NT in a 3-4. However, apparently all that time I had no CLUE that D-Rob had a serious knee situation, mainly because I never saw him miss any games nor was this information IN MY FACE until recently (maybe I missed it in the past).......therefore......I guess he could be cut, and so I appoligize to everyone for my off-base assertions.[/QUOTE]

Even if he didnt have the knee he would still be cut.

At his currect cap hit there is no doubt he would ahve been cut. The only way Drob will be on this team is if he restructures. And the Jets wont pay him what hes looking for because the Jets would pay him as a back-up. And other teams out there will pay him as a starter once he hits the market. Drob knows this and wont cave in.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2442578]QFT

Right now, the best thing DRob could do for himself is agree to renegotiate his deal with the Jets[/QUOTE]

Probably the best move for us too....D'Rob still has value to us, just not at ~$7m base salary.

If he renegotiates to something reasonable, we can save a bunch of money and he can still get paid a handsome sum --probably more than he would on the open market. After all, those other teams aren't working from a benchmark of $7m, they're starting from zero.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=49ersJetsfan;2442550]If you want Roy Williams, you'd need to trade a lot more than a mediocre DT with knee problems and a 3rd rounder.

Maybe DRob plus [B]your[/B] 2009 1st would get it done since DRob isn't worth anything anymore.[/QUOTE]

why don't you just change your user name. i've never really felt you were a Jets fan anyway.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with doggin .. hopefully D-Rob realizes he'll be released with this massive contract and no team is giving him a sweetheart deal with his knee condition, so why not renegotiate with the Jets at a reasonable price and we'll see how he fairs at 34DE

DE D-Drob
    DT Kris Jenkins
    DE Shaun Ellis

I'd rather try this than just cut D-Rob and give him away for nothing, and really it might work, but its all up to D-Rob, he has to be willing to play ball on that renegotiation, otherwise he will be cut

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;2442551]Instead of us selfishly complaining about him failing physicals, think about the fact that this young man is looking at a very short future in his chosen profession.

I feel bad for DRob.[/QUOTE]

As much as I bash this guy for his on-field performance, I'm with you on this one JDub.

Gotta give the guy credit for showing up every Sunday with a very painful condition.

I have no cartilege in my right knee and sometimes it's extremely painful just to walk up a flight of steps. I have no idea how the guy could play football in the NFL with that condition.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;2442608]why don't you just change your user name. i've never really felt you were a Jets fan anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's his way of hoping not to get slammed too much, by throwing "jets" in his user name.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;2442582]It seems like [B]no one agrees[/B] with my original post
    oh well, better luck next time:D[/QUOTE]

Why do you have me on ignore? :eek:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2442611]As much as I bash this guy for his on-field performance, I'm with you on this one JDub.

Gotta give the guy credit for showing up every Sunday with a very painful condition.

I have no cartilege in my right knee and sometimes it's extremely painful just to walk up a flight of steps. I have no idea how the guy could play football in the NFL with that condition.[/QUOTE]

you see!

this is why we can never get rid of Tx :D

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2442609]I agree with doggin .. hopefully D-Rob realizes he'll be released with this massive contract and no team is giving him a sweetheart deal with his knee condition, so why not renegotiate with the Jets at a reasonable price and we'll see how he fairs at 34DE

DE D-Drob
    DT Kris Jenkins
    DE Shaun Ellis

I'd rather try this than just cut D-Rob and give him away for nothing, and really it might work, but its all up to D-Rob, he has to be willing to play ball on that renegotiation, otherwise he will be cut[/QUOTE]

I agree... I would like him to restructure as well. It only makes sense as we dont want to lose him for nothing. But some people seem to think if we cant trade him and we cant restructure him we will still keep him.

So this is up to Drob. IMO we wont offer him enough to keep him and he will hit the open market after the cut. Which wont be bad for him. He will get his money somwhere. He will get atleast the low ball offer that the Jets may or may not have offered. So IMO he can play hard ball and force the cut if we cant trade him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;2442602]He can live a decent life on what he has right now.

Think about it.[/QUOTE]

DRob has made about 30M so far in his career. If his financial advisors are any good, he should have investment income of 1 to 2M [B]per year[/B] for the rest of his life.