Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the difference between Obama and Mcain?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the difference between Obama and Mcain?

stay with me, because I may even confuse myself...

what is the difference between this:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36T1fnIafC0[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIW5C5NHBoE[/url]

and this

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-CAcdta_8I[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8KZpsp04XM[/url]

so, if Obama should be harshly judged and possibly deemed unfit for the presidency, then shouldn't McCain be as well?

uh-oh, I guess it is Pres. hillary after all

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2442770]stay with me, because I may even confuse myself...
    [/QUOTE]
    Maybe you can try again when you get it straight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2442772]Maybe you can try again when you get it straight.[/QUOTE]

just making a a little joke......

shouldn't the Republican nominee for President have been more descript and dismissive of Falwell? Shouldn't he have denounce and disowned him? Said that Falwell and people like him have no place in American politics?

Or since he is running, he now needs the christian right.....why do they even seek Robertson's endorsement? He agreed with Falwell that America brought 9/11 onto itself.

Those anti-american bastards!

just a little bit of hypocrisy if you think McCain and Falwell are ok, but Obama and Wright aren't
    Last edited by piney; 03-20-2008 at 12:51 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    10 pages at least. :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2442777]just making a a little joke......

shouldn't the Republican nominee for President have been more descript and dismissive of Falwell? Shouldn't he have denounce and disowned him? Said that Falwell and people like him have no place in American politics?

Or since he is running, he now needs the christian right.....

just a little bit of hypocrisy if you think McCain and Falwell are ok, but Obama and Wright aren't[/QUOTE]
    piney - Falwell died a year ago, for starters. Two, he was a national figure - people know who he was and who he wasn't. McCain and Falwell were associated in the public eye and not personally connected. What's more, Falwell, as far as I can tell, never suggested that white people sing "God Damn America", or anything so outrageous. You can insist that what I say is wrong and that there's little difference between the relationships of McCain/Falwell and Obama/Wright, but you will pretty much be wasting your time. It is, as they call it, a reach.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2442791]piney - Falwell died a year ago, for starters. Two, he was a national figure - people know who he was and who he wasn't. McCain and Falwell were associated in the public eye and not personally connected. What's more, Falwell, as far as I can tell, never suggested that white people sing "God Damn America", or anything so outrageous. You can insist that what I say is wrong and that there's little difference between the relationships of McCain/Falwell and Obama/Wright, but you will pretty much be wasting your time. It is, as they call it, a reach.[/QUOTE]

what about the connection between the republican party and Falwell/Robertson.

Why is Robertson's endorsement still something republican vie for when he agreed with Falwell.

So, the real problem isn't that Wright said that America brought 9/11 on itself, which is what Falwell and Robertson asserted, but only in the sense that he said "god damn america"?

really? who is stretching now?

both statements are disgusting...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2442770]What is the difference between Obama and Mcain? [/QUOTE]

There's a difference?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ha, ha..that is awesome...

I saw we just all get together and write is someone absurd...

snoop dog for pres!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36T1fnIafC0[/url]

Some people in America might not like to hear it, but it's opinions shared by many. I haven't watched all of his sermons or attended his church so I won't defend him. I will say that the things said in this video needs to be confronted and discussed instead of labeled "radical" and brushed off.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIW5C5NHBoE[/url]

Not sure how effective it will eventually be, but he's trying to go back to his original stance of avoiding race issues in his campaign to avoid losing the nervous white vote.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-CAcdta_8I[/url]

Christian fascism. These two hold a lot of power within the republican party and have a scary influence on too many Americans. They use gospel to validate their ignorance and hate with no regard to science or history. This is textbook klan talk - playing to be the victim while victimizing.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8KZpsp04XM[/url]

H may genuinely not agree with Robertson and Falwell but he'll be damned if he loses that hate vote. In fact, if he did anything to separate himself from the Christian(fascist) right, he wouldn't have gotten this far.

Obama will and has been judged harshly over what Wright said and in such might lose the nervous white vote. That video of McCain, however, might only strengthen his hate base.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    One like Cadillacs, the other Lincolns?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would be kinda cool to see the president pull up in a stretch Escalade with spinners.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2442796]what about the connection between the republican party and Falwell/Robertson.

Why is Robertson's endorsement still something republican vie for when he agreed with Falwell.

So, the real problem isn't that Wright said that America brought 9/11 on itself, which is what Falwell and Robertson asserted, but only in the sense that he said "god damn america"?

really? who is stretching now?

both statements are disgusting...[/QUOTE]
    So you're saying that all Republicans are ... guilty by association? Like I implied, you can say/believe what you will - but you can't make others follow suit.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2442898]So you're saying that all Republicans are ... guilty by association? Like I implied, you can say/believe what you will - but you can't make others follow suit.[/QUOTE]

no, I don't feel that way

this is more of a rebuttal to people who make that same "guilty by association" claim as it pertains to Obama and Wright.

I am pointing out the hypocrisy.

Obama is being held to a different standard

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2442921]no, I don't feel that way

this is more of a rebuttal to people who make that same "guilty by association" claim as it pertains to Obama and Wright.

I am pointing out the hypocrisy.

Obama is being held to a different standard[/QUOTE]

Really? Because no Politician has previously ever been judged publicly on the beliefs of his associates? No one has ever, before today, raised the issues you raise with Falwell et. al. before?

Right, of course not. Obama is being held to the EXACT same standard Right-wingers have been held to for a long long time now, i.e. when you associate with people with extreme hate-filled views, it will come back on you.

It's amazing that anyone would think thsi is new.....excpectp for the fact that the Left has gotton away with such associations for a long time without getting busted for it. So maybe it IS new for a lefty. But it certainly isn;t new for the right.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2442933]Really? Because no Politician has previously ever been judged publicly on the beliefs of his associates? No one has ever, before today, raised the issues you raise with Falwell et. al. before?

Right, of course not. Obama is being held to the EXACT same standard Right-wingers have been held to for a long long time now, i.e. when you associate with people with extreme hate-filled views, it will come back on you.

It's amazing that anyone would think thsi is new.....excpectp for the fact that the Left has gotton away with such associations for a long time without getting busted for it. So maybe it IS new for a lefty. But it certainly isn;t new for the right.[/QUOTE]

I know...the right has really been raked over the coals on their association with Falwell and Robertson...

you can see how it has adversly affected them

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2442933]Really? Because no Politician has previously ever been judged publicly on the beliefs of his associates? No one has ever, before today, raised the issues you raise with Falwell et. al. before?

It's amazing that anyone would think thsi is new.....excpectp for the fact that the Left has gotton away with such associations for a long time without getting busted for it. So maybe it IS new for a lefty. But it certainly isn;t new for the right.[/QUOTE]

The right does what it can to appease its hate base and when called on it, it never seems to [U]lose[/U] their voters who don't literally associate with that base.

The left does what it can to avoid it's radical base without completely alienating them in an attempt to [U]gain[/U] voters.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unmentioned is how close these guys are. Obama says that Wright himself helped bring him to Jesus! Obama chose and was a church goer at Wright's church for 20 years. Wright baptized his children and served as an advisor in Obama's campaign. Okay? These guys are tight.

When it comes to Falwell/McCain - they were just two big names bickering and then making peace in the media. VERY different scenarios. I don't want to be rude here, but a kindergartner could discern the difference in these relationships.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Blacksmurf;2442992]The right does what it can to appease its hate base and when called on it, it never seems to [U]lose[/U] their voters who don't literally associate with that base.

The left does what it can to avoid it's radical base without completely alienating them in an attempt to [U]gain[/U] voters.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know where to start with someone as baised as this....

Why not just say "Republicans are Evil Incarnate, Democrats are Saints" and save us all the time?

And for the record, the Dems avoid their hatreds.....other than their hatred of White American Men. THAT hatred they all but wallow in.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Blacksmurf;2442992]The right does what it can to appease its hate base and when called on it, it never seems to [U]lose[/U] their voters who don't literally associate with that base.

The left does what it can to avoid it's radical base without completely alienating them in an attempt to [U]gain[/U] voters.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I can't follow your leap of logic. Explain why Falwell and Robertson are hate mongers, while with Wright "there isn't sufficient information". Falwell claims, like many conservative (in faith, not politics) Christians, that the sinful acts of this nation will and have caused terrible consequences. Wright seems to cheer these acts as a kind of revenge for the way black have been mistreated. Their attitudes towards their own beliefs are completely different.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2442840]It would be kinda cool to see the president pull up in a stretch Escalade with spinners.[/QUOTE]

And the secret service is 50 Cent's entourage.