Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama demanded Lott resignation

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Obama demanded Lott resignation

[QUOTE][B]Obama demanded Lott resignation
    Illinois senator couldn't 'forgive' his embrace of segregationist colleague[/B]

WASHINGTON While Sen. Barack Obama said he couldn't throw over his friend and pastor of 20 years for racially charged and divisive hate speech, he had no trouble calling for the head of Sen. Trent Lott, the Republican Senate majority leader, for embracing a colleague with a segregationist past on his 100th birthday.

On Dec. 12, 2002, Obama, then serving as an Illinois state senator and filling in as host of the Cliff Kelley radio show on WVON, challenged the Republican Party to demand Lott's resignation.

"It seems to be that we can forgive a 100-year-old senator for some of the indiscretion of his youth, but, what is more difficult to forgive is the current president of the U.S. Senate (Lott) suggesting we had been better off if we had followed a segregationist path in this country after all of the battles and fights for civil rights and all the work that we still have to do," said Obama.

He added: "The Republican Party itself has to drive out Trent Lott. If they have to stand for something, they have to stand up and say this is not the person we want representing our party."

(Story continues below)

Eight days later, Lott of Mississippi stepped down as majority leader not president of the Senate. He had been under fire for his endorsement of Sen. Strom Thurmond's 1948 segregationist presidential campaign at the South Carolina senator's 100th birthday party.

But Obama delivered a speech Tuesday televised nationally from Philadelphia in which he addressed his own association problem explaining his connections to Rev. Jeremiah Wright, a Chicago preacher of Afro-centrism with an anti-American and anti-white spin.

Obama denounced Wright's statements, saying: "But the remarks that have caused this recent firestorm weren't simply controversial. They weren't simply a religious leader's effort to speak out against perceived injustice. Instead, they expressed a profoundly distorted view of this country a view that sees white racism as endemic, and that elevates what is wrong with America above all that we know is right with America; a view that sees the conflicts in the Middle East as rooted primarily in the actions of stalwart allies like Israel, instead of emanating from the perverse and hateful ideologies of radical Islam."

He characterized them as "divisive at a time when we need unity; racially charged at a time when we need to come together to solve a set of monumental problems."

"Given my background, my politics, and my professed values and ideals, there will no doubt be those for whom my statements of condemnation are not enough," he continued. "Why associate myself with Reverend Wright in the first place, they may ask? Why not join another church? And I confess that if all that I knew of Reverend Wright were the snippets of those sermons that have run in an endless loop on the television and You Tube, or if Trinity United Church of Christ conformed to the caricatures being peddled by some commentators, there is no doubt that I would react in much the same way."

Obama explained that the video clips of Wright making racist, anti-American statements did not represent the Wright he knows someone he considers part of his family.

"I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community," he said. "I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe."

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59337[/url]

liberalism: the culture of non-ending hypocrisy....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2442793][url]http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59337[/url]

liberalism: the culture of non-ending hypocrisy....[/QUOTE]

Good find, CBTNY. Let's see the spin on this.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, from demanding Imus to be fired to this, I think the candidate for change, the man who was above politics, has a lot of explaining to do.

The truth is, everyone is a hypocrite and to some extent does not practice what they preach, but my issue with Obama is that he acts like he is above it and that ultimately will be his downfall.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh plz..all the tree-huggers will absolutely say you can't compare the two.something about one guy supporting the oppressionist and the other guy reacting to years of oppression...blah blah blah..something along those lines...wait...here it comes..i feel it...

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Hypocrite, plagiarizer, sat in a racist church and listened to his racist spiritual adviser for 20+ years, shady deals with Rezco, endorsed by the New Black Panther Party, endorsed with Farrakhan.

That's some resume....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The one I like is when he throws is grandmother under the bus for something even jesse jackson has said (you remember when he said that if he hears foot steps behind him at night that he is relieved its a white man). Drawing some sort of Moral equivalence between his grandmother (family he doesn't get to choose) and Rev Wright (pastor, friend, mentor, whom he can choose to associate with.)

I never liked Obama to begin with as he is a marxist, but I did think he was upfront about what he was albeit dressed up in flowery populist language, but his Philadelpia speech ranks him down with other politicians who speak with forked tounge and for whom bait and switch is a matter of course.

He is Politics as usual

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2442843]Hypocrite, plagiarizer, sat in a racist church and listened to his racist spiritual adviser for 20+ years, shady deals with Rezco, endorsed by the New Black Panther Party, endorsed with Farrakhan.

That's some resume....[/QUOTE]

Obama in a walk...back to Illinois.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2442892]Obama in a walk...back to Illinois.[/QUOTE]

Hitlery is from Illinois, Obama is from Illinois, can America force Illinois to succeed?

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2442793][url]http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59337[/url]

liberalism: the culture of non-ending hypocrisy....[/QUOTE]

How can he be a hypocrite? Based on your tremendous insight into these matters?

Black man calls for the head of a major US politician due to his tacit approval of segregation...seems reasonable

Black man says he understands another black leaders hate; wants to move forward.

How do these ideas contradict each other?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;2442997]How can he be a hypocrite? Based on your tremendous insight into these matters?

Black man calls for the head of a major US politician due to his tacit approval of segregation...seems reasonable

Black man says he understands another black leaders hate; wants to move forward.

How do these ideas contradict each other?[/QUOTE]

Wow! You better be careful seeing as you might get dizzy putting that much spin on this.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;2442997]How can he be a hypocrite? Based on your tremendous insight into these matters?

How do these ideas contradict each other?[/QUOTE]

they wouldn't contradict each other or be considered hypocritical to an obama cheerleader......

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Snell;2443024]Wow! You better be careful seeing as you might get dizzy putting that much spin on this.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you put that HS diploma to use and answer my question?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2443067]they wouldn't contradict each other or be considered hypocritical to an obama cheerleader......[/QUOTE]

Kinda like the way that when GWB puts 330 million in earmarks in a budget, it isn't hypocritical to a Bush cheerleader, right?

;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

How do these ideas contradict each other?[/QUOTE]hey,are you gonna see if they need any "extras" for that Harvey Milk movie they are making with that genius Sean Penn? extras,you know people in the back ground, walking in the street,ordering coffee,paying for matinee movie tickets? stuff like that.you should look into it.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2443067]they wouldn't contradict each other or be considered hypocritical to an obama cheerleader......[/QUOTE]

Typical non-answer from you.

Lott spoke his mind at the Capitol of South Carolina during their important festivities; Wright spoke his mind in his own church.

Again, where is the hypocrisy? If you cannot tell me, then it doesn't exist.

You really need to take some time to think things through.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;2443091]hey,are you gonna see if they need any "extras" for that Harvey Milk movie they are making with that genius Sean Penn? extras,you know people in the back ground, walking in the street,ordering coffee,paying for matinee movie tickets? stuff like that.you should look into it.[/QUOTE]

Too busy working. But since you are interested in gay sex on the screen, you should change from dial up to DSL, and you can see all the raw buttjamming you want.

At least that's what CBTNY talls me.;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;2443120]Too busy working. But since you are interested in gay sex on the screen, you should change from dial up to DSL, and you can see all the raw buttjamming you want.

At least that's what CBTNY talls me.;)[/QUOTE whoa...what a comeback!! i'm out of your league.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;2443108]Typical non-answer from you.

Lott spoke his mind at the Capitol of South Carolina during their important festivities; Wright spoke his mind in his own church.

Again, where is the hypocrisy? If you cannot tell me, then it doesn't exist.

You really need to take some time to think things through.[/QUOTE]

it's the perfect answer to an idiot question....

Lott was joking at a birthday party and paid a heavy price with people like hussien leading the charge....hussien is now making all kinds of excuses and tries to justify the blatant hate speech of someone who he supports...

it's quite simple....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;2443120]Too busy working. But since you are interested in gay sex on the screen, you should change from dial up to DSL, and you can see all the raw buttjamming you want.

At least that's what CBTNY talls me.;)[/QUOTE]raw buttjamming????

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;2443161]raw buttjamming????[/QUOTE]

That would be one long toe tap followed by 3 short toe taps...if you're interested.

[IMG]http://www.polichicksonline.com/apg_craig_bathroom2_071004_ms_AP.jpg[/IMG]