Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: You're not gonna believe this!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: You're not gonna believe this!

I can't pay my mortgage and my credit cards are being frozen :eek:

Why?

According to my credit report I filed for bankruptcy, chapter 11, only someone forgot to tell me about it :confused:

Can you believe this .. this idiot bank reported me as a chapter 11 and now that's attached to my credit report, and its totally bogus, 100% nonsense, I don't owe anyone a dime much less filed for bankruptcy .. it just never happened, period .. this was just pulled out of thin air and now my brother is trying to get it cleared up for me because he understands the process, he's in finance and knows what needs to be done, and he said its complicated, involves acquiring proof and sending it to the proper agencies to make sure this is completely corrected, but it can take him weeks {or more} .. and he knows all about this, so can you imagine if I didn't have him, not having the first clue what to do .. I would probably have to blow a ton of money on a lawyer!

UNBELIEVABLE :steamin:
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 03-20-2008 at 02:52 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    Identity theft? You should look out

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2442983]I can't pay my mortgage and my credit cards are being frozen :eek:

Why?

According to my credit report I filed for bankruptcy, chapter 11, only someone forgot to tell me about it :confused:

Can you believe this .. this idiot bank reported me as a chapter 11 and now that's attached to my credit report, and its totally bogus, 100% nonsense, I don't owe anyone a dime much less filed for bankruptcy .. it just never happened, period .. this was just pulled out of thin air and now my brother is trying to get it cleared up for me because he understands the process, he's in finance and knows what needs to be done, and he said its complicated, involves acquiring proof and sending it to the proper agencies to make sure this is completely corrected, but it can take him two weeks {or more} .. and he knows all about this, so can you imagine if I didn't have him, not having the first clue what to do .. I would probably have to blow a lot of money on a lawyer!

UNBELIEVABLE :steamin:[/QUOTE]

That sucks, Hammer....sorry to hear that.

SOunds like your bro has everything under control. First thing to do whenever something like that happens is to report to the credit bureaus (Equifax, Experion, etc.) so they can put a fraud watch on your stuff.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this some sort of scam? or just a horrible mistake?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;2442991]

That sucks, Hammer....sorry to hear that.

SOunds like your bro has everything under control. First thing to do whenever something like that happens is to report to the credit bureaus (Equifax, Experion, etc.) so they can put a fraud watch on your stuff.[/QUOTE]Experian has me down as a Chapter 11, they're one of the agencies I have to convince this is a mistake! :eek:

My brother knows that, but he said its not only experian, its more complicated than that, he has to correct this with experian and other agencies as well

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which bank? Your bank, or a bank your not associated with?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2milehighJet;2442993]

Is this some sort of scam? or just a horrible mistake?[/QUOTE]Just a horrible mistake

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2443000]

Which bank? Your bank, or a bank your not associated with?[/QUOTE]A Bank I'm not associated with

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just goes to show how little control or say you actually have! And when it's corrected, all they'll say is, sorry, but these things happen!:mad:
    It's amazing how these Banks / company's / people can control your finances and financial status.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2443003]A Bank I'm not associated with[/QUOTE]

Do you know which one? Experian should be able to tell you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTM;2442990]

Identity theft? You should look out[/QUOTE]Nah its not identity theft, no money was stolen from me, its just seems like a horrible mistake and I'm lucky my brother knows how to deal with this situation .. I would be doomed without him .. I wouldn't have the first clue

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contact the 3 credit bureaus right now and go on record (your record) that you have been victimized (you might want to wait until you have all the details); then get ahold of that bank and get a letter from them explaining their error. I would find out the executive in charge of that branch and hammer him with all the negativity you can muster; you want their statement (absolving you) immediately. That should move things in your favor immediately.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2443007]

Do you know which one? Experian should be able to tell you.[/QUOTE]Yeah I know which one, I have a copy of the experian report, my brother knows too and he's dealing with that bank right now, trying to tell those morons they completely sabotoged my credit report for no reason whatsoever

After I get this cleared up, I'm wondering if I should sue them?

I'm serious, that's how mad I am, my credit means everything too me, I'm an investor, that's how I make a living, it is absolutely essential that my credit report remains above reproach for me to make a living!! :mad:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2443009]Nah its not identity theft, no money was stolen from me, its just seems like a horrible mistake and I'm lucky my brother knows how to deal with this situation .. I would be doomed without him .. I wouldn't have the first clue[/QUOTE]

Sounds like somebody typo'd your SS number when reporting a legit chapter 11 for somebody else...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

What about the other 2 agencies?

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2442999]Experian has me down as a Chapter 11, they're one of the agencies I have to convince this is a mistake! :eek:

My brother knows that, but he said its not only experian, its more complicated than that, he has to correct this with experian and other agencies as well[/QUOTE]

In a world where someone does things the right way (Glen) and still gets the shaft! Bonus!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;2443014]

Contact the 3 credit bureaus right now and go on record (your record) that you have been victimized (you might want to wait until you have all the details); then get ahold of that bank and get a letter from them explaining their error. I would find out the executive in charge of that branch and hammer him with all the negativity you can muster; you want their statement (absolving you) immediately. That should move things in your favor immediately.[/QUOTE]I would do that right now, believe me, that is definitely my impulse, but my brother told me to leave it alone and let him take care of it, he's making all those calls for me, said if he needs me he'll let me know

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That really sucks. Hope you find your way out of that morass. I know it isn't much, but maybe Vida (she definitely has "morass") can perk up your spirits. Don't stop fighting, and when you find the moron that caused the problem, go double barrels.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCllzLSxLa8[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2442983]

my brother is trying to get it cleared up for me because he understands the process, he's in finance and knows what needs to be done, and he said its complicated, involves acquiring proof and sending it to the proper agencies to make sure this is completely corrected, [B]but it can take him two weeks {or more}[/B]

[/QUOTE]

Not to throw gas on to the fire Hammer, but my sister went through the exact same thing (a bankrupcy showed up on her credit report) 2 years ago.

It took 10 months until it was finally cleared through all 3 credit agencies.

Cost her several grand to get it resolved. Thank god you have someone helping you out.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bergen Jet;2443026]

Sounds like somebody typo'd your SS number when reporting a legit chapter 11 for somebody else...[/QUOTE]Yeah I was thinking the same thing, its the only thing that makes any sense

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2443022]Yeah I know which one, I have a copy of the experian report, my brother knows too and he's dealing with that bank right now, trying to tell those morons they completely sabotoged my credit report for no reason whatsoever

After I get this cleared up, I'm wondering if I should sue them?

I'm serious, that's how mad I am, my credit means everything too me, I'm an investor, that's how I make a living, it is absolutely essential that my credit report remains above reproach for me to make a living!! :mad:[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about this. I hope your problem gets resolved. And I think it's within your right to sue them. I mean, you're lucky you have your brother. If you didn't you'd have to hire a lawyer and pay the fees, etc. for something that wasn't even your fault.

And this isn't even a minor error here, this is as big of an error as they come. I couldn't think of something else more damaging to your credit report then declaring a chapter 11 bankruptcy.