Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: You're not gonna believe this!

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2443032]

Not to throw gas on to the fire Hammer, but my sister went through the exact same thing (a bankrupcy showed up on her credit report) 2 years ago.

[B]It took 10 months until it was finally cleared through all 3 credit agencies.

Cost her several grand to get it resolved.[/B] Thank god you have someone helping you out.[/QUOTE]:eek:

Call me crazy but this is the definition of negligence. If indeed it costs you money and a loss of profit, you'd absolutely have a lawsuit on your hands.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2443050]

It took 10 months until it was finally cleared through all 3 credit agencies.

Cost her several grand to get it resolved.

:eek:[/QUOTE]

A couple in the same county, with the same last name, as my sister filed for bankrupcty. The problem occured when the couple filed the actual bankrupcty at the county courthouse. Somehow my sister's information was entered, and not the right couple.

The length of time resulted in each one of the 3 agencies wanting different information and verification (the big 3 move very slowly) to get it cleared.

Even when they had everything they needed, it took an additional 2 months for the bankruptcy to come off her actual report.

Good luck Hammer.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2442983]I can't pay my mortgage and my credit cards are being frozen :eek:

Why?

According to my credit report I filed for bankruptcy, chapter 11, only someone forgot to tell me about it :confused:

Can you believe this .. this idiot bank reported me as a chapter 11 and now that's attached to my credit report, and its totally bogus, 100% nonsense, I don't owe anyone a dime much less filed for bankruptcy .. it just never happened, period .. this was just pulled out of thin air and now my brother is trying to get it cleared up for me because he understands the process, he's in finance and knows what needs to be done, and he said its complicated, involves acquiring proof and sending it to the proper agencies to make sure this is completely corrected, but it can take him weeks {or more} .. and he knows all about this, so can you imagine if I didn't have him, not having the first clue what to do .. I would probably have to blow a ton of money on a lawyer!

UNBELIEVABLE :steamin:[/QUOTE]

The process actually isn't that bad to clear things up. At my old company once in a while someone would flag an account improperly which would show the loan holder to be chp 11, chp 7, whatever. At that point we would change the flag to the proper one and contact the credit agency's and repeal the declaration. I don't recall whether or not we needed any paperwork to get it done...I don't think we did in my department but it may have gone somewhere other then to us. Pain in the ass no-matter which way you look at it.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2443069]

A couple in the same county, with the same last name, as my sister filed for bankrupcty. The problem occured when the couple filed the actual bankrupcty at the county courthouse. Somehow my sister's information was entered, and not the right couple.

The length of time resulted in each one of the 3 agencies wanting different information and verification (the big 3 move very slowly) to get it cleared.

Even when they had everything they needed, it took an additional 2 months for the bankruptcy to come off her actual report.

Good luck Hammer.[/QUOTE]Okay, on that note I have to close this thread, I can't take anymore bad news like this, its only gonna get me more upset and what I need to do now is just chill and see what my bother can accomplish

Thanks PFT, I appreciate the advice and well wishes, ditto to everyone else, but now I need to let it go and hope my brother can resolve it