Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how can Obama be a racist?

how can Obama be a racist?

I mean, someone explain it to me.

he is black and white...right?

black dad, white mom...

I mean he is both....isn't he?

I mean isn't it like this:

I am Italian and Irish so I can make all the italian and irish stereotypes I want? Because, I am, in effect talking about myself.

So who is he racist against?

Himself...?

I mean do you consider him more Black than White?

Is that why he is a racist?

Why is that?

I would think if anything wouldn't he be more white since his mother was white?

Doesn't it work like that?

Like how you inherit baldness from your mother's side....shouldn't you inherit your dominant race too?

Is it based solely on your skin color and not your geneology?

Does that mean Cubans and Haitians are black?

I hope I didn't just open up some bizarre dichotomy that ends up with the universe collapsing upon itself....

Is anyone really calling him a racist, or is it more a matter of his lack of concern for racial comments (made by black people -- we already know how up in arms he got over whitey's comments)

I don't think he's an outright racist, but has been said in many posts, your environment DOES influence you -- it's human nature.

The fact that he didn't "denounce" these statements until he HAD to (i.e. to save his political life), yet jumped all over Imus, Ferraro, etc. tells me he isn't against racism as much as he's against BLACK racism.

Understandable, given his circumstances, but still worrisome to a middle-aged white guy making over 50K:D

[QUOTE=piney;2445645]I mean, someone explain it to me.

black dad, white mom...

I am Italian and Irish so I can make all the italian and irish stereotypes I want? Because, I am, in effect talking about myself.

Himself...?

Why is that?

Like how you inherit baldness from your mother's side....shouldn't you inherit your dominant race too?

I hope I didn't just open up some bizarre dichotomy that ends up with the universe collapsing upon itself....[/QUOTE]

Excellent post.

the idea that he is racist, which is what some of the anti-Obama crowd is professing, is absurd. There is a fair debate to be made about his political policies being too liberal. There is also a fair point to be made about his judgement in the wright issue, although it is not a big deal.

But the hypocrisy of the extreme sean hannity disciples is stunning. Your post showed the stupidity of what they claim.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2445690]Excellent post.

the idea that he is racist, which is what some of the anti-Obama crowd is professing, is absurd. There is a fair debate to be made about his political policies being too liberal. There is also a fair point to be made about his judgement in the wright issue, although it is not a big deal.

But the hypocrisy of the extreme sean hannity disciples is stunning. Your post showed the stupidity of what they claim.[/QUOTE]

Who's called him a racist? It's an absurd assumption. Poor JUDGEMENT, yes. Verbal gaffes, yes. Empty suit with an enviable style of speaking, yes. Racist? Nah.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    It's funny, but that simple point is lost on so many people. I was reading interviews today with "whitey" in PA talking about how Obama hadn't answered enough of their questions and they suspect he might be hiding a resentment of whites like his pastor. I guess, in their mind, he resents his own mother..

[QUOTE=JetFanTransplant;2445703]Who's called him a racist? It's an absurd assumption. Poor JUDGEMENT, yes. Verbal gaffes, yes. Empty suit with an enviable style of speaking, yes. Racist? Nah.[/QUOTE]

there are many people who are calling him a rascist because of [I]his pastor's opinions. [/I]

I know I sound like a broken record, but listen to some of the people who call into the extreme republican radio shows. I don't know where these people come from, but a lot of them are mouthing this nonsense.

well DUHHH! With what we have heard come out of his own mouth its pretty obvious, and he also knows that the 'typical white person' falls for all the bull**** type excuse's that we hear over and over again and just can't wait to kiss there ass. Hell yeah he's racist. wake up people

[QUOTE=piney;2445645]I mean, someone explain it to me.

black dad, white mom...

Himself...?

Why is that?

I hope I didn't just open up some bizarre dichotomy that ends up with the universe collapsing upon itself....[/QUOTE]

Not much to explain. It's quite possible for someone to hate their own race, and to exibit racist attitudes and actions towards them.

This becomes especially true if the person in question is bi-racial or multi-ethnic, and can pick and choose which of their ethnicities to embrace, and which to disavow.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Obama is a racist, but I would say that the more that comes out about him, the more he seems to buy into and associate with the old-school racism-victim-for-profit-and-fame mentality of Jessie Jackson and his ilk.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetFanTransplant;2445703]Who's called him a racist? It's an absurd assumption. Poor JUDGEMENT, yes. Verbal gaffes, yes. Empty suit with an enviable style of speaking, yes. Racist? Nah.[/QUOTE]

You just described Ronald Reagan to a tee! LOL.

[QUOTE=OCCH;2445668]Is anyone really calling him a racist, or is it more a matter of his lack of concern for racial comments (made by black people -- we already know how up in arms he got over whitey's comments)

I don't think he's an outright racist, but has been said in many posts, your environment DOES influence you -- it's human nature.

The fact that he didn't "denounce" these statements until he HAD to (i.e. to save his political life), yet jumped all over Imus, Ferraro, etc. tells me he isn't against racism as much as he's against BLACK racism.

Understandable, given his circumstances, but still worrisome to a middle-aged white guy making over 50K:D[/QUOTE]

where does he have a lack of concern for black people making racial comments? That is just not true

many people have called him a racist on this board, and many fox commentators have speculated that he could be a racist

Obama has defended Ferraro more than Clinton has

[QUOTE=Warfish;2445721]Not much to explain. It's quite possible for someone to hate their own race, and to exibit racist attitudes and actions towards them.

This becomes especially true if the person in question is bi-racial or multi-ethnic, and can pick and choose which of their ethnicities to embrace, and which to disavow.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Obama is a racist, but I would say that the more that comes out about him, the more he seems to buy into and associate with the old-school racism-victim-for-profit-and-fame mentality of Jessie Jackson and his ilk.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen that at all..many people are drawing conclusions that he makes excuses but I haven't seen one strip of evidence where he has expressed that it is ok for black peope to be divisve and not white people.

This is something that many have drawn a conclusion on, but nothing that can be backed up...

I mean, War, you are supposed to be a independent guy, I can understnd not likeing his polocies or his judgement but what you wrote here is very untrue,...not once has he said or inferred any type of excuse to absolve race baiting or black racism.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2445737]You just described Ronald Reagan to a tee! LOL.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2445737]You just described Ronald Reagan to a tee! LOL.[/QUOTE]

you cannot say those things about ronald reagan around here. His [B]followers[/B] believe that he was the saint of conservatism yet his record in the white house is anything but. Look to his records in office on taxes and immigration to start.

[QUOTE=piney;2445747]where does he have a lack of concern for black people making racial comments? That is just not true

many people have called him a racist on this board, and many fox commentators have speculated that he could be a racist

Obama has defended Ferraro more than Clinton has[/QUOTE]

You'd think I'd get tired of explaining this, yet somehow they just KEEP PULLIN' ME BACK IN . . .

He's known the man for TWENTY YEARS, had him reside over his marriage ceremony, baptized his children . . . yet wasn't disgusted by his comments until one week ago?

This is what I'm talking about. I do not think I come across as partisan (although I'm unashamedly conservative). I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but anyone that doesn't acknowledge a double standard here is either ignorant (in the true meaning of the word) or blinded by their partisanship.

Some people on this board not only want to give Obama a free pass, but even state the PASTOR HIMSELF isn't racist.

I know, I know, football forum board . . . take it all with a grain of salt . . . but c'mon, we could get SO MUCH MORE out of these discussions if we'd just be honest and objective . . .

Of course, I also go into each year hoping the Jets win the Super Bowl, so I'm used to having unrealistic expectations:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2445761]you cannot say those things about ronald reagan around here. His [B]followers[/B] believe that he was the saint of conservatism yet his record in the white house is anything but. Look to his records in office on taxes and immigration to start.[/QUOTE]

In a previous post to Warfish you admitted to "playing the game" on this board since a lot of it is "tongue in cheek". With that in mind, I'll assume this is one of those instances.

Yes, Reaganites diefy him more than they should (it's human nature to always see the past through rose-colored glasses).

But if you don't think Obama-ites aren't doing the SAME EXACT THING in this scenario, then I question your ability to have any objectivity in the matter.

The issue isn't whether or not he is a racist. Will he be fair to all Americans as President when he belongs to and is an active member of a church that follows liberation theology of one particular race. He has said he will not favor one group over another, that will be good enough for many and not good enough for many.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=OCCH;2445765]You'd think I'd get tired of explaining this, yet somehow they just KEEP PULLIN' ME BACK IN . . .

He's known the man for TWENTY YEARS, had him reside over his marriage ceremony, baptized his children . . . yet wasn't disgusted by his comments until one week ago?

This is what I'm talking about. I do not think I come across as partisan (although I'm unashamedly conservative). I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but anyone that doesn't acknowledge a double standard here is either ignorant (in the true meaning of the word) or blinded by their partisanship.

Some people on this board not only want to give Obama a free pass, but even state the PASTOR HIMSELF isn't racist.
    [/QUOTE]
    I think the problem you are having is that you don't seem to grasp the idea that you can strongly disagree with some of the things a person says, but still respect the person overall..

[QUOTE=Warfish;2445721]Not much to explain. It's quite possible for someone to hate their own race, and to exibit racist attitudes and actions towards them.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Obama is a racist, but I would say that the more that comes out about him, the[B] more he seems to buy into and associate with the old-school racism-victim-for-profit-and-fame mentality of Jessie Jackson and his ilk.[/QUOTE][/B]

point to a speech where jesse jackson has said that white people have a good reason to be mad at the affirmative action laws. Point to a speech where Al Sharpton mentioned that white people were right to feel angered when they are qualified to get a job, yet it is given to someone else because of race.

Fish, I respect your opinions but the highlighted part of your post shows your bias

[QUOTE=OCCH;2445776]In a previous post to Warfish you admitted to "playing the game" on this board since a lot of it is "tongue in cheek". With that in mind, I'll assume this is one of those instances.

Yes, Reaganites diefy him more than they should (it's human nature to always see the past through rose-colored glasses).

But if you don't think Obama-ites aren't doing the SAME EXACT THING in this scenario, then I question your ability to have any objectivity in the matter.[/QUOTE]

of course, you are right. But I was not posting in a 'tongue-in-cheek' manner when I made those comments about some of Reagan's followers. Obama has his unobjective followers just like Reagan did.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-22-2008 at 10:29 AM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetFanTransplant;2445758]:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, it hurts. I should have added "a set of stale old jokes" and his usual style of leadership...."fellas, you'll figure out the details. Now I gotta go watch my old movies and have some popcorn with Nancy."

That's not a joke. He really did sh*t like that routinely...