Thread: Miggy Cabrera gets 8yrs 153M

Miggy Cabrera gets 8yrs 153M

That's a lot of dough and while he probably deserves it, it sure makes the deal the Mets gave Wright a steal. Whether you think he is better or not.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3307289

Wright will most likely be seeing that same kinda money once his current deal is almost up. It's just the price of doing buisness nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Wright will most likely be seeing that same kinda money once his current deal is almost up. It's just the price of doing buisness nowadays.
    Wright's signed until 2013, He's going to get another big deal in his career but it won't be for a while. However, Reyes probably will get a hige extention soon since he's only under contract until 2011.

Detroit got a good deal, and so did Cabrera. It's a shame that teams like Minnesota and Florida don't/can't keep their studs.
    Last edited by IM3; 03-23-2008 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3 View Post
    Wright's signed until 2013, He's going to get another big deal in his career but it won't be for a while. However, Reyes probably will get a hige extention soon since he's only under contract until 2011.

Detroit got a good deal, and so did Cabrera. It's a shame that teams like Minnesota and Florida don't/can't keep their studs.
    I have no sympathy for the Marlins when their highest paid player is Kelly Gregg (2.5 million). They put themselves under such financial restraints because they're cheap, not because they can't afford to spend more.

The Twins on the other hand I can kinda sympathize with, but lets not forget they locked up Morneau a few months back and are close to locking up Nathan. They could have elected to spend that money keeping someone like Santana instead, they just chose not to (Why in favor of a 33 yr old closer I have no idea).

He deserves every single penny. HOF type talent with HOF production.