Thread: Reed Johnson released

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Reed Johnson released

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...ory?id=3307800

Go Minaya Go!

Vs Lefties (2007) - .325/.381/.532/.913
    Vs Lefties (Career) - .308/.371/.462/.833

Only thing is he hasn't played First Base, but the price is right so that's a concession I'm sure we'd be willing to make.

An Interesting side note, he's finished Top 10 in HBP 5 years in a row, including a 1st Place showing in 2006. Must be crowding the plate. Either that, or incredibly unlucky.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the hell are the Blue Jays thinking? He's a year removed from hitting .319/.390/.479. Of course, that could be, and most likely was, an outlier, but he still has some value. I think the Mets should pick him up immediately.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mets got to get him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    What the hell are the Blue Jays thinking? He's a year removed from hitting .319/.390/.479. Of course, that could be, and most likely was, an outlier, but he still has some value. I think the Mets should pick him up immediately.
    +1 Assuming he's healthy, he's definitely a quality guy to have, the Mets should definitely go after him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    I heard they were worried about his back injury from last year and that they had somone just as good currently in his position.

If he's healthy and can go through a full range of motion, I say go for it !!