Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get ready for the front pages in the morning fellas....A-ROD wishes he picked Mets

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Get ready for the front pages in the morning fellas....A-ROD wishes he picked Mets

Kinda.. Haha, the NY tabloids are going to eat this up!

Pretty interesting article on A-Rod. The Met angle will get ink and press. I can already see this article getting spun to A-Rod hates being a Yankee and wants to be a Met. The truth of the article is back when he was a free agent SS, the Mets were the perfect landing spot for him. He knew it and he should have gone there, but Boras led him to Texas. Now that he’s a Yankee, I highly doubt he sits at home at night cuddling a stuffed Mr. Met. But I’m sure ESPN and the NY tabloids are going to take this article and beat it to death and get everyone whipped into a frenzy about how A-Rod wishes he were a Met.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...parts_wit.html
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 03-25-2008 at 12:39 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Elway won two Super Bowls late in his career to cement his Hall of Fame legacy, while Marino, one of A-Rod's sports idols and the reason he wears No. 13, never got a ring.
    I knew I smelt fish in Yankee Staduim.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He had his chance....twice.

Both times he decided against it.

I hope he's happy with the Yankees, because he's pretty much stuck there now and when he has foot-in-mouth disease like this, he's going to need to earn every single dollar.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post

I hope he's happy with the Yankees, because he's pretty much stuck there now and when he has foot-in-mouth disease like this, he's going to need to earn every single dollar.
    "Stuck" with the Yankees. Haha

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Kinda.. Haha, the NY tabloids are going to eat this up!

Pretty interesting article on A-Rod. The Met angle will get ink and press. I can already see this article getting spun to A-Rod hates being a Yankee and wants to be a Met. The truth of the article is back when he was a free agent SS, the Mets were the perfect landing spot for him. He knew it and he should have gone there, but Boras led him to Texas. Now that hes a Yankee, I highly doubt he sits at home at night cuddling a stuffed Mr. Met. But Im sure ESPN and the NY tabloids are going to take this article and beat it to death and get everyone whipped into a frenzy about how A-Rod wishes he were a Met.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...parts_wit.html
    It was fairly obvious when he was a free agent the first time that he wanted to be a Met. The Mets really screwed up big time when they didn't sign him in the first place. He would have been perfect for them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    It was fairly obvious when he was a free agent the first time that he wanted to be a Met. The Mets really screwed up big time when they didn't sign him in the first place. He would have been perfect for them.

ARod if I recall correctly wanted his own concessions tent and a office at Shea.....CYA. The Mets said adios on that one.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am very happy with the current Mets players at shortstop and 3rd.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    ARod if I recall correctly wanted his own concessions tent and a office at Shea.....CYA. The Mets said adios on that one.
    I'm pretty sure that that was concocted by Boras as a negotiating tool and Phillips hung his hat on it as the reason that the Mets would stop pursuing him.

If the Mets really wanted to pony up the money, and A'Rod truly wanted to be here, I doubt that he would have gotten any other special treatment than other superstars (i.e. the road suite Piazza got, etc.)

Both sides really screwed the pooch on that one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    ARod > Wright
    ARod > Reyes

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post

1. Did he actually have a chance twice? I don't think the Mets ever offered him a contract.

2. It's pretty clear he is happy with the Yankees given that he did say he was happy he's a Yankee. And I'm not sure a Yankee fan cares that when A-Rod was first a FA he wanted to be on the Mets instead of the Rangers. In fact, I'd make a bet right now that not one Yankee fan here cares about that.

3. How is this a foot-in-mouth situation? Did you read the article? Who is going to be upset that A-Rod was saying:

"I went for the contract when my true desire was to go play for the Mets," Rodriguez said with a sigh of his decision to ink his $252 million deal with Texas eight years ago.

"So to make the right decision just feels really good," Rodriguez said, "versus being taken down a road where I'm like, 'Oh, my God, where am I? Oh, $400 million to play in some place I hate? Great, I'll blow my --- head off.'

"I wanted to remain a Yankee and for once I put my money where my mouth was. It felt good to make a decision on my own and execute it - to deal with Hank and Hal (Steinbrenner) on a one-on-one basis and get a deal done.

"If people want to question why I did it, I don't care because it made me happy. If I had gone to Team X, Y or Z, it wouldn't have made me happy. It would have been because Scott wanted me to go - it would have been for the most money. And then I'm always going to be known as a guy who always wanted the most money."'

I have absolutely no idea how anyone could interpret what he said as a foot-in-mouth episode.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously so am I but Wright or Reyes could always play another position.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man, think about all those rings ARod has won with the Yankees coming home to Queens instead...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    ARod > Wright
    ARod > Reyes
    Wright + Reyes >>> Arod

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    3. How is this a foot-in-mouth situation? Did you read the article? Who is going to be upset that A-Rod was saying:

"I went for the contract when my true desire was to go play for the Mets," Rodriguez said with a sigh of his decision to ink his $252 million deal with Texas eight years ago.

"So to make the right decision just feels really good," Rodriguez said, "versus being taken down a road where I'm like, 'Oh, my God, where am I? Oh, $400 million to play in some place I hate? Great, I'll blow my --- head off.'

"I wanted to remain a Yankee and for once I put my money where my mouth was. It felt good to make a decision on my own and execute it - to deal with Hank and Hal (Steinbrenner) on a one-on-one basis and get a deal done.

"If people want to question why I did it, I don't care because it made me happy. If I had gone to Team X, Y or Z, it wouldn't have made me happy. It would have been because Scott wanted me to go - it would have been for the most money. And then I'm always going to be known as a guy who always wanted the most money."'

I have absolutely no idea how anyone could interpret what he said as a foot-in-mouth episode.
    Exactly. There's some great non-ARodesque quotes in there by ARod. He actually comes out looking better with it. I like the quote about his daughter and her room.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wright + Reyes >>> Arod
    Jeter + ARod >>> Wright + Reyes

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

The truth hurts my friends....but what's done is done.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    yea i also heard he wanted his own private jet or something along those lines.
    Basically to be treated like his **** dont stink.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Jeter + ARod >>> Wright + Reyes
    More like Jeter + Arod > or = Wright + Reyes

Arod is just too damn good. It is worth noting that Reyes is a much better defender than Jeter too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes!! Exciting Met/Yankee pissing contest is on the way.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    yes!! Exciting Met/Yankee pissing contest is on the way.
    Ahh baseball season is here.