Thread: Dodgers Fans: Clayton Kershaw

All League

Dodgers Fans: Clayton Kershaw

Kershaw absolutely dazzled today against the Brew Crew. 3 IP 0 R 1 H 6 K's 1 BB.

Althought I know it's spring training and some might not view it as that important, but his totals this spring are 10 IP 1 ER 7 H 13 K's 3 BB.

It's getting harder and harder to say he doesn't deserve a shot right away at the #5 starter because he is obviously one of the 5 best starters in the orginization stuff wise, and with his BB #'s that low he's starting to really harness his raw stuff.

That being said, it doesn't mean he should be the #5 starter. I personally haven't made up my mind if I want him in there or not. If he comes in and he's atleast solid and has no injuries, then it would obviously be the ideal situation.

On the other hand if he gets the nod and gets shelled or hurt, his confidence could go down the tubes and he could go the way of Edwin Jackson.

I think he'll probably start out at AA for a month maybe, move to AAA and be in the Show around the All-Star break. I also thinks that's probably the best route.

I'm interested to see what Joe and Colletti decide though.

He's just a beast. Exactly why I consider him the best young pitcher in baseball right now. His stuff is unreal. Although it's a small sample size, I'm most encouraged by his control this spring, the walk rate is actually acceptable, if he can maintain that I don't think there's a weakness to his game.

With that said, I wouldn't dare rush him. He'll only be 20 years old this year and wouldn't be able to pitch more then 150 innings this year anyways. Take it slow with him, let him dominate the minors some more and then give him the call midseason if he's performing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Kershaw was the source of much hostility during my keeper league auction this past Sunday. As he has not been officially sent down, he was eligible to be bid on in the regular auction (as opposed to minor leaguers normally being relegated to the ultra draft) and 2 teams saved some money til the end to try and snag him (most everyone else thought he wasn't eligible because they assumed he was sent down). Ultimately ended up going for $12 (the most he could have been bid up with the available dollars).

His stuff is absolutely filthy.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    He's just a beast. Exactly why I consider him the best young pitcher in baseball right now. His stuff is unreal. Although it's a small sample size, I'm most encouraged by his control this spring, the walk rate is actually acceptable, if he can maintain that I don't think there's a weakness to his game.

With that said, I wouldn't dare rush him. He'll only be 20 years old this year and wouldn't be able to pitch more then 150 innings this year anyways. Take it slow with him, let him dominate the minors some more and then give him the call midseason if he's performing.
    100% true. If you have that kind of a talent in your organization, you take care of it. Look no farther than what the Cubs did to Prior and Wood.