Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow no Yank fans posted this article?

Practice Squad

Wow no Yank fans posted this article?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03262008...bed_103515.htm

Canseco's new book is out. Canseco said he provided steroid dealer info to ARod. Also said ARod wanted to bang his wife.

Practice Squad
    Mike Wallace on roids come on!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post

Canseco's new book is out. Canseco said he provided steroid dealer info to ARod. Also said ARod wanted to bang his wife.
    As usual, you're right on top of things.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=166389

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by mluongo View Post
    Mike Wallace on roids come on!
    He's much bigger now than he was as a rookie.

I think the point is - Why would anyone take anything Jose Canseco says seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    He's much bigger now than he was as a rookie.

I think the point is - Why would anyone take anything Jose Canseco says seriously?
    Maybe because he was way ahead of everyone else with the truth about 'roids? And he told the truth about things Clemens lied about?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2 View Post
    Maybe because he was way ahead of everyone else with the truth about 'roids? And he told the truth about things Clemens lied about?

Canseco is an opportunist and a scumbag, and one of the lowest human beings on earth. But he does know the underground steroid drug culture extremely well. His 1st book was widely criticized but it was dead on, his credibility on this topic is very high.

You cant just dismiss Canseco as a crackpot, you at least have to listen with a raised ear.

Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT View Post
    Canseco is an opportunist and a scumbag, and one of the lowest human beings on earth. But he does know the underground steroid drug culture extremely well. His 1st book was widely criticized but it was dead on, his credibility on this topic is very high.

You cant just dismiss Canseco as a crackpot, you at least have to listen with a raised ear.
    well according to Canseco, everyone is on steroids EXCEPT Roger Clemens...Zero credibility

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post

Yippee, he claims ARod asked him for a resource if he were to obtain roids.

He was probably very young

There is no proof that he did any

And still isn't

When you are young, everybody is curious

Poor muddunce, too blinded by his Yankee hatred to have clue

You can when we already know this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3182587

Former Sports Illustrated associate editor Don Yaeger, who had initially planned on collaborating on Jose Canseco's next book, has decided against working with the former slugger, according to a published report.

"I'm passing," Yaeger told the New York Daily News. "I had a chance to review the Jose Canseco [material] that he provided me. I don't think there's a book there. I don't know what they're going to do. I don't think he's got what he claims to have, certainly doesn't have what he claims to have on A-Rod. There's no meat on the bones."
    So who decided to edit the book? The same guy that edited the OJ Simpson, "If I did it" book.

Canseco might be a scumbag, but he's had the steroid era correct the entire time. The people he's named in the past were all either guilty (Giambi, Palmerio), or so obvious users that it's not even funny (McGwire, Pudge, Juan Gonzalez). So I think just to turn a blind eye to what he's saying here would be wrong.

In no way does his word alone good enough to start giving A-Rod the Bonds treatment, there has to be something to corroborate his story. But I wouldn't doubt for a second that A-Rod is on something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Canseco might be a scumbag, but he's had the steroid era correct the entire time. The people he's named in the past were all either guilty (Giambi, Palmerio), or so obvious users that it's not even funny (McGwire, Pudge, Juan Gonzalez). So I think just to turn a blind eye to what he's saying here would be wrong.

In no way does his word alone good enough to start giving A-Rod the Bonds treatment, there has to be something to corroborate his story. But I wouldn't doubt for a second that A-Rod is on something.
    You do know that he never said A-Rod is on something in his book, right?

Practice Squad
    So if I setup a meeting with a drug dealer for you, I guess it will be just for you to ask how things are going?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Don't be naive. You ask someone about their drug dealer if you're looking for Drugs.

Don't be naive. You ask someone about their drug dealer if you're looking for Drugs.
    Not necessarily. Someone could be interested in the stuff given it's rampant use, and decide not to use it.

Either way, when a respected editor looks at the material and says, "I don't think he's got what he claims to have, certainly doesn't have what he claims to have on A-Rod" I honestly don't know how anyone can take it seriously. Especially when the editor that agreed to do it is the same guy that edited the "If I did it" book.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Not necessarily. Someone could be interested in the stuff given it's rampant use, and decide not to use it.

Either way, when a respected editor looks at the material and says, "I don't think he's got what he claims to have, certainly doesn't have what he claims to have on A-Rod" I honestly don't know how anyone can take it seriously. Especially when the editor that agreed to do it is the same guy that edited the "If I did it" book.
    I don't put too much meaning into those quotes.

A conversation where A-Rod asked Canseco about his Drug Dealer isn't on the same level of "shock value" as personally injecting Mark McGwire (And other players) with Steroids which he claimed to do in Juiced. Thus, I could see a disapointed editor when there was a lot less substance to the second book then the first one. It however, doesn't make what Canseco said false.

Why did he not want to publish the sequal? Because a conversation where A-Rod asked Canseco about his Drug Dealer doesn't constitute a book as it's only about 5 pages (max) of content and the rest around it is filler.

I don't put too much meaning into those quotes.

A conversation where A-Rod asked Canseco about his Drug Dealer isn't on the same level of "shock value" as personally injecting Mark McGwire (And other players) with Steroids which he claimed to do in Juiced. Thus, I could see a disapointed editor when there was a lot less substance to the second book then the first one. It however, doesn't make what Canseco said false.

Why did he not want to publish the sequal? Because a conversation where A-Rod asked Canseco about his Drug Dealer doesn't constitute a book as it's only about 5 pages (max) of content and the rest around it is filler.
    Wait, you can't have it both ways. On one hand you are saying that if what Canseco is saying about A-Rod is true then A-Rod took steroids. On the other hand you say that there's no "shock value" here. Well if Canseco is saying something that means that A-Rod definitely took steroids (or close to it), that is pretty shocking, given who A-Rod is. That is a huge story. To tell us that the guy that has a great chance to be the HR king (and hopefully a clean one at that after the Bonds mess) is actually dirty and did take steroids is enormous.

Not to mention, there are other things in this book from what I've heard. I believe he mentions personally injecting Magglio Ordonez (after trying to bribe him) and I think there's another name in the book, along with a conspiracy that ESPN and other news outlets have been covering this up. If what Canseco says is true, that's pretty "shocking."

Here's the problem for Canseco. He shot his wad in the first book and now needs more money. He wrote everything he had in the first book, and now is grasping for straws. A legitimate editor saw this immediately. A guy that edited "If I did it" is also hoping to get some money. A sucker will waste his money on it.