Thread: Is Santana worth the #1 pick in Fantasy baseball draft?

Is Santana worth the #1 pick in Fantasy baseball draft?

Ok, so I have the first pick and with 14 teams, I know he will not be there in the second since my next pick is 28, order reverses each round...

Not sure Albert is the same lock #1 pick anymore

Wright is also possible

Thoughts?

As a met fan if you dont pick Arod you are nuts.

Jets Insider VIP
    ARod >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anyone else.

I hope this helps.

My fantasy rankings have Santana at #5 overall.

Alex Rodriguez is my #1, followed by Hanley Ramirez, Jose Reyes, and David Wright. In case you can't tell, I'm a big fan of getting a multi-talented threat with my first pick.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

In case its not abundantly clear already, A-Rod is the most valuable fantasy player.

The only scenario i can see not taking A-Rod is in a keeper league where you are allowed to keep guys long term.....in that event, id consider taking Ramirez (but would still take A'Rod --he's got plenty of great years left in him).

i was in the exact same situation as you LAST WEEK.

i didn't know weather or not to take arod or santana.

listen, santana is going to have a monster year and he will be in discussion for the cy young when it's over... BUT A-Rod is too good to pass up.
    A-rod plays EVERY DAY-- he is your workhourse and he puts up good numbers in every catagory.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/16701/6

Definitely not.

A-Rod, Hanley, Wright, and Reyes should all go before Santana.

Thanks everyone for the good discussion points to keep me in reality; this will help me avoid the fan based selection, Dam hard to be a Mets fan some days

A-Rod looks like the clear selection
    Last edited by Ohio State NY Jets fan; 03-27-2008 at 11:53 AM.

All League
    If you want to win in fantasy sports you have to forget your loyalty and bias towards and against all teams. Just take the best player which in this case happens to be ARod.