Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBS sports writer predictions...mets 3rd

CBS sports writer predictions...mets 3rd

lol WTF? this guy is an idiot...do i even need to comment on this?

3. New York Mets: Love Johan Santana. Love David Wright and Jose Reyes. Would love to love Pedro Martinez again. Don't love Moises Alou's injury-prone body, Carlos Delgado's hip, Luis Castillo's knee, Carlos Beltran's knees or the rotation once you get past Santana and Pedro.
    1. Philadelphia: If Shane Victorino becomes a serious Most Valuable Player candidate, you'll really know Citizens Bank Park is skewed. Until then, Ryan Howard won two years ago, Jimmy Rollins last year and Chase Utley or Pat Burrell join them as serious candidates this year. The pitching isn't foolproof, but Brett Myers, Cole Hamels and Jamie Moyer and closer Brad Lidge will keep the brotherly love flowing in Philly.
    http://sportsline.com/mlb/story/10742428

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post

Relax... he's also picking the Cubs to go to the WS and is basing Atlanta's improvement to Hampton and Glavine, meanwhile Mets have no one after Santana/Pedro....

lol, Jamie Moyer

I didn't feel like starting a new thread but is anyonw watching the Mets game right now? I'm at work, don't know if it's even on but can't watch anyway. Rubin at the dailynews wrote in his blog that El Duque is pitching with his original leg kick. If anyone is watching let me know how he's looking.

This guy never heard of Oliver Perez or John Maine.

Good luck with Brad Lidge.

They aren't on SNY. What channel are they on?

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post

Come on its CBS sports, I am pretty sure these guys only write stuff like this to stir up controversy and get people to visit their site.

I think that crazy Pats fan on youtube has more credibility than those writers.

5 innings 4 hits 1 run 2 ks. That's a classic El Duque line. I wonder what he was clocking on the gun. Funny how this guy always rises to the occasion when his back is against the wall. The job is his now until he gets hurt or constantly rocked.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I try not to be too big of a homer, but when I read those predictions I really laughed.

To say that the Mets have no one after Johan/Pedro and then say that the Braves staff is looking good with Hampton and Glavine is beyond silly.

The East will be a nice race to watch this year....im not gonna guarantee a Mets win, but if they don't win it, it won't because Hampton/Glavine > Ollie/Maine

The best thing Hampton/Glavine have going for them are their bats.

All Pro
    I understand him being cautious on Pedro but how can he say that and follow it up with Mike Hampton coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I try not to be too big of a homer, but when I read those predictions I really laughed.

To say that the Mets have no one after Johan/Pedro and then say that the Braves staff is looking good with Hampton and Glavine is beyond silly.

The East will be a nice race to watch this year....im not gonna guarantee a Mets win, but if they don't win it, it won't because Hampton/Glavine > Ollie/Maine

The best thing Hampton/Glavine have going for them are their bats.
    Maine>>>>Glavine

With all the injuries Hampton has had migth as well lump him with Duque.

So how are they better again?

I'd be shocked if the Mets don't win this division easily. The injuries are a concern, but the pitching should be pretty good. The Braves could be alright too, but they simply aren't as good as the Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    I'd be shocked if the Mets don't win this division easily. The injuries are a concern, but the pitching should be pretty good. The Braves could be alright too, but they simply aren't as good as the Mets.
    From your lips to God's ears.

For what its worth I will say the Yankees have more of a shot at the division then most people give them credit for. It can really go either way.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    Maine>>>>Glavine

With all the injuries Hampton has had migth as well lump him with Duque.

So how are they better again?
    Seriously.

When was the last time Mike Hampton was relevant?

And I don't hate Glavine and don't really begrudge him for going back to Atlanta, but in reality, he simply isn't that good anymore.

Hudson and Smoltz, however, are very good front end of that rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    5 innings 4 hits 1 run 2 ks. That's a classic El Duque line. I wonder what he was clocking on the gun. Funny how this guy always rises to the occasion when his back is against the wall. The job is his now until he gets hurt or constantly rocked.
    I saw on another board the radio guys said 84 was his highest but he was sitting at the high 70s

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    I saw on another board the radio guys said 84 was his highest but he was sitting at the high 70s
    good thing the ethos pitch sits in the low 50s

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    Hes going throw it a lot this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post

Remember last year he threw that Eephus pitch vs Chavez of the Athletics? He just made him look flat out SILLY on that strikeout.

This guys really nailed it. Beltrans knee looked like **** as he was circling the bases after that bomb he just hit