RHP LaTroy Hawkins
    RHP Kyle Farnsworth
    LHP Billy Traber
    RHP Ross Ohlendorf
    RHP Brian Bruney
    RHP Jon Albaladejo

————-

15-day disabled list
    LHP Andy Pettitte (Will come off the DL on Saturday and take the place of one of the relievers)
    RHP Jeff Karstens
    LHP Sean Henn

60-day disabled list
    RHP Andrew Brackman
    RHP Humberto Sanchez
    RHP Carl Pavano

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Igawa in the minors. Whatever alleged interest there was in him last winter the Yanks should have jumped on. Yankee scouts have been good of late so I guess one collosal bust is ok. Not sure what they saw in Kei though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    whi isn't betemit starting? that guy is a juggernaught.....just wait till he cracks the starting lineup he's gonna be an all-star......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon View Post
    whi isn't betemit starting? that guy is a juggernaught.....just wait till he cracks the starting lineup he's gonna be an all-star......
    Just wondering, who the hell said this? I sure as hell know it wasn't me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    Just wondering, who the hell said this? I sure as hell know it wasn't me.
    Nobody said it. What people said is that Betemit is a solid player. Then others said that Betemit sucks and is not a solid player. Then, the people that said he sucks, to try to somehow prove their argument (although are these people to stupid to understand that this doesn't prove anything?), made up what other people said.

As for the actual question, Betemit is the only utility infielder, which speaks volumes to his versatility. You will also see him coming in to play 1B for defense late in many games, and you'll see him starting at 1B against some rightys here and there. And, of course, when Jeter, A-Rod, or Cano need a rest or a half rest where they DH, Betemit will play.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Nobody said it. What people said is that Betemit is a solid player. Then others said that Betemit sucks and is not a solid player. Then, the people that said he sucks, to try to somehow prove their argument (although are these people to stupid to understand that this doesn't prove anything?), made up what other people said.

As for the actual question, Betemit is the only utility infielder, which speaks volumes to his versatility. You will also see him coming in to play 1B for defense late in many games, and you'll see him starting at 1B against some rightys here and there. And, of course, when Jeter, A-Rod, or Cano need a rest or a half rest where they DH, Betemit will play.
    Which was my point. Betemit is a solid player, who i personally had no problems platooning with Duncan at 1st this season. Compared to some of the crap we've had on our bench the past few years, Betemit and Molina are significant upgrades.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No surprises in the field or on the bench, only thing that concerns me is the one LHP out of the pen (excluding Andy). It will be interesting to see how long it stays that way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    Which was my point. Betemit is a solid player, who i personally had no problems platooning with Duncan at 1st this season. Compared to some of the crap we've had on our bench the past few years, Betemit and Molina are significant upgrades.
    I love Betemit off the bench, he's your classic A+ utility guy and I don't mind his bat whatsoever. Like you said, he's going to see a lot of time at 1B.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No big surprises. I'm liking the bench a lot this year with Betemit, Duncan, and Molina. Who knows what Ensberg will bring to the table.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post

come on now. you guys should know me by now. i'm just busting balls a little bit...it wasn't meant to be serious.