Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Seating at Yankees' Stadium?

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    10,515

    Seating at Yankees' Stadium?

    Need some help here fellas.

    Yankees Stadium is baseball history. With this being the last year of baseball for the current Yankees Stadium my wife and I want to take her father (old school Yankees' fan who doesn't really follow much these days accept for playoffs and Red Sox series) to a Yankees game.

    Are seats in good sections of the upper level (behind home plate, 1st base line, 3rd base line, etc) good seats? Is there any section I should avoid? Or is pretty much any seat in the house a good seat?

    Thanks in advance. I've only been to Yankees' Stadium twice in my life and they were both a long time ago.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    Need some help here fellas.

    Yankees Stadium is baseball history. With this being the last year of baseball for the current Yankees Stadium my wife and I want to take her father (old school Yankees' fan who doesn't really follow much these days accept for playoffs and Red Sox series) to a Yankees game.

    Are seats in good sections of the upper level (behind home plate, 1st base line, 3rd base line, etc) good seats? Is there any section I should avoid? Or is pretty much any seat in the house a good seat?

    Thanks in advance. I've only been to Yankees' Stadium twice in my life and they were both a long time ago.

    upper deck is quite steep. The tickets are so ridiculously overpriced you should just get them from a scalper.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by person View Post
    upper deck is quite steep. The tickets are so ridiculously overpriced you should just get them from a scalper.
    Steep is probably the best way to describe the angle from the upper deck. Look for some cheaper lower-level tickets on Stubhub way in advance.

  4. #4
    +1 to what those guys said. Try and stay away from the upper deck if you can unless you're able to get seats very close to the bottom. I've gotten stuck way up top for a couple of playoff games and it's a real pain in the ass. Mezzanine has good seats for "reasonable" Yankee Stadium prices. If you want a great fan experience and really cheap seats you can always sit in the Right Field Bleachers.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    +1 to what those guys said. Try and stay away from the upper deck if you can unless you're able to get seats very close to the bottom. I've gotten stuck way up top for a couple of playoff games and it's a real pain in the ass. Mezzanine has good seats for "reasonable" Yankee Stadium prices. If you want a great fan experience and really cheap seats you can always sit in the Right Field Bleachers.
    Sat there for my first time last season, loved it. Great experience, CHEAP, and not a bad view at all. That's where I'll be sitting whenever I go this season, which will hopefully be very often since I'm working in the city.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockland, New York
    Posts
    5,359
    I'm so stoked. My school is giving out free tickets to the Friday night game They'll probably sit us behind the foul pole or something, but who cares!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    Sat there for my first time last season, loved it. Great experience, CHEAP, and not a bad view at all. That's where I'll be sitting whenever I go this season, which will hopefully be very often since I'm working in the city.
    The whole experience is great. It's the best place to see batting practice and it's pretty sweet to be right there for roll call and you're absolutely right, the view is not bad at all. It's much better than sitting at the top of the upper deck. I've sat 3 rows from the top behind home plate and at times have had trouble differentiating a pop to third base from a home run to left field. I'm hoping to get to about 8 or 10 games this summer.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    I'm so stoked. My school is giving out free tickets to the Friday night game They'll probably sit us behind the foul pole or something, but who cares!
    It looks like you're going to get to see Kennedy pitch.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    10,515
    Thanks for the replies. I have the money to spend for better seats, I guess I was just hoping you guys would be like, "Nah man. There isn't a bad seat in the house," as it is hard for me as a Mets' fan to drop $300 or so on 3 Yankees tickets.

    But yeah, I'll probably just knuckle up and do it. Again, while it will be fun for him, it is about baseball history for me.

    Thanks again guys.

  10. #10
    I disagree. I thought the upper deck seats behind home plate are pretty great. Anywhere in between 1B and 3B in the upper deck is just fine.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Englewood Cliffs
    Posts
    4,672
    My friends and I had tickets for almost the last row in the upper deck last summer... my first time up there, it was insane. It gives definition to the nosebleed section. I sat up there first by myself for 1/2 inning then just snuck down to a much lower row more on the side of right field. So if you can be a little sneaky and make sure nobody's got the tickets you're moving into you can get pretty decent seats in the upper deck.

    But if I was you I would just spend for the lower level. I like right behind first base, maybe a little further down the line.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    I disagree. I thought the upper deck seats behind home plate are pretty great. Anywhere in between 1B and 3B in the upper deck is just fine.
    You probably sat down in the lower half of the upper deck. They aren't as bad. Once you get way up there it's pretty unbearable IMO.

  13. #13
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,417
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    I disagree. I thought the upper deck seats behind home plate are pretty great. Anywhere in between 1B and 3B in the upper deck is just fine.
    I agree --especially about the lower rows in the Upper Tier or the Upper Boxes. I think they give you a great vantage point.

    Same with Shea....the Upper Boxes are the best value, IMO.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    You probably sat down in the lower half of the upper deck. They aren't as bad. Once you get way up there it's pretty unbearable IMO.
    I sat literally in the BACK row of the upper deck directly behind home plate once, back against the concrete. The tickets were a gift so I can't complain. I had a good perspective on the field since I was right behind the plate, but like you said, you can't judge fly balls at all. There's not much difference between a bomb to Monument Park and a ball fouled back over the screen.

    And yea, I'm working in midtown twice a week this summer 'til about 5:30ish, so I can shoot uptown and meet friends.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us