Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Willie's Message to the Fans.

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Willie's Message to the Fans.

    Among other things, Randolph says:

    Our team is ready to go. That’s the message I want to send to you Mets fans as we prepare for today’s opener in South Florida. The goal this year is to make our final season at Shea something special and I think we can…We all hated the way last year ended for us. For 98 percent of the season we were the best team in our division, but we let it slip away. When I spoke to the team this spring I didn’t look backwards that much, I tried to look forward so we can all learn from what happened. The lesson is simple: don’t take anything for granted and don’t expect things to happen just because you think they will.

    The season is here. It’s time to make it happen.

    Hope to see you back at Shea in April,

    Willie Randolph
    I was hard on Willie, calling for his head ending last year but he's the right guy for the job and I think we will have a special season this year. LGM!

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    I was hard on Willie, calling for his head ending last year but he's the right guy for the job and I think we will have a special season this year. LGM!
    If the Mets have a rough start, you will be calling for his head once again...

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    I was hard on Willie, calling for his head ending last year but he's the right guy for the job and I think we will have a special season this year. LGM!

    i really don't think so.....but i guess i have no choice but to see what he does this year...so i'll be pulling for him to pull his head out of his ass.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    If the Mets have a rough start, you will be calling for his head once again...
    No I won't. I'll call for his head if we collapse with 17 to go and we're up by 7 but I won't if we have a 5-10 record which I don't see happening but that's why they play the games.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    No I won't. I'll call for his head if we collapse with 17 to go and we're up by 7 but I won't if we have a 5-10 record which I don't see happening but that's why they play the games.
    Okay....

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    No I won't. I'll call for his head if we collapse with 17 to go and we're up by 7 but I won't if we have a 5-10 record which I don't see happening but that's why they play the games.

    as long as our pitching staff stays relatively healthy ithink you'd have to be a complete moron of a manager to not win 90 games with this team...

    and i'd be very surprised to see us go 5-10 to start...our pitching should be too good for that.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon View Post
    as long as our pitching staff stays relatively healthy ithink you'd have to be a complete moron of a manager to not win 90 games with this team...

    and i'd be very surprised to see us go 5-10 to start...our pitching should be too good for that.
    I like your rotation, but you are asking for Perez and Maine to have repeat years. You're asking for Pedro, to be Pedro. It's not a lock that they will, but I think Maine will have an all-star type season, and I think Perez has been way to inconsistent throughout his career, I don't see him having 15 wins, and who knows what you get from the 5th spot. Also your offense is not as good as last year, and who knows about your bullpen.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 03-31-2008 at 12:27 PM.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    I like your rotation, but you are asking for Perez and Maine to have repeat years. You're asking for Pedro, to be Pedro. It's not a lock that they will, but I think Maine will have an all-star type season, and I think Perez has been way to inconsistent throughout his career, I don't see him having 15 wins, and who knows what you get from the 5th spot. Also your offense is not as good as last year, and who knows about your bullpen.
    should be as good or better, we will see.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    I like your rotation, but you are asking for Perez and Maine to have repeat years. You're asking for Pedro, to be Pedro. It's not a lock that they will, but I think Maine will have an all-star type season, and I think Perez has been way to inconsistent throughout his career, I don't see him having 15 wins, and who knows what you get from the 5th spot. Also your offense is not as good as last year, and who knows about your bullpen.
    why?

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    I like your rotation, but you are asking for Perez and Maine to have repeat years. You're asking for Pedro, to be Pedro. It's not a lock that they will, but I think Maine will have an all-star type season, and I think Perez has been way to inconsistent throughout his career, I don't see him having 15 wins, and who knows what you get from the 5th spot. Also your offense is not as good as last year, and who knows about your bullpen.
    Our offense is not as good as last year? We lost Shawn Green and Paul LoDuca. Am I missing something? We also now have Castillo for a full year and look at the stats for all 3 players, Delgado, Beltran and Wright hitting in the 3 4 5 . It's such an amazing difference. I know Alou is out but when we get him back, this offense goes from Solid to Very good.

    Maine is going to be great. Pedro is going to great. Perez is inconsistent, but as a Met, he's been more on then off. I think I heard yesterday on Jodie Mac's show, Perez is so happy to have Pedro back because he's his mentor and he should help Perez become even better. And if the 5th starter spot is our biggest worry, I'll take that.

    Edit:

    Love our bullpen.

    Heilman is nasty. Wagner, I don't trust in a big spot but he is nasty. Feliciano is solid, Wise is solid. Jorge Sosa is versatile and solid. Biggest crap shoots are Joe Smith and Schoeneweiss who is very solid when used properly (vs lefties). If we get Sanchez back, that's just a huge plus.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    -Lo Duca is a better hitter than Brian Scheider
    -Green/Milledge is a better hitter than Church, who can't hit lefties.

    and Like I said earlier in the the spring, you are relying to much on Alou (Already hurt) and Delgado. With that said, you still have one of the better offenses in the NL.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    -Lo Duca is a better hitter than Brian Scheider
    -Green/Milledge is a better hitter than Church, who can't hit lefties.

    and Like I said earlier in the the spring, you are relying to much on Alou (Already hurt) and Delgado. With that said, you still have one of the better offenses in the NL.
    Your serious, Milledge and Green are better then Church?

    Look, I believe Milledge in the next 2 years or so will be better then Church but that's non sense.

    Shawn Green hit 195 vs lefties and hell Church's OPS+ was higher by 10+ when you average out green's and milledge's. Plus Church coming to a better hitting park will definitely help.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    -Lo Duca is a better hitter than Brian Scheider
    -Green/Milledge is a better hitter than Church, who can't hit lefties.

    and Like I said earlier in the the spring, you are relying to much on Alou (Already hurt) and Delgado. With that said, you still have one of the better offenses in the NL.

    come on now.....

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon View Post
    come on now.....
    Church can't hit lefties.

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    I was hard on Willie, calling for his head ending last year but he's the right guy for the job.
    Why? How has he changed?

    By signing Santana he is now a good manager?

  16. #16
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Randolph should have been canned the day the season ended. I actually wanted to hire Girardi to manage the Mets before the whole Torre thing worked itself out.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post
    Randolph should have been canned the day the season ended. I actually wanted to hire Girardi to manage the Mets before the whole Torre thing worked itself out.
    Yes Girardi, so he can wear out all our pitchers and kill their arms. (See Florida)

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2 View Post
    Why? How has he changed?

    By signing Santana he is now a good manager?
    Baseball genius...

    The Mets traded for Santana

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Baseball genius...

    The Mets traded for Santana

    he also signed the guy to a long term contract.......

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,663
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    If the Mets have a rough start, you will be calling for his head once again...
    If they don't make the playoffs he's gone.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us