Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy baseball thread 2008

Fantasy baseball thread 2008

How about a thread for fantasy baseball questions/discussions? rather then polute the main board.

I picked up Nate McLouth off waivers, anyone know anything about him? looks like a possible steal on paper.

Picked up Edison Vólquez.

My team is stacked in the JI League..

C-Towles
    1B-Butler, Barton
    2B-Weeks, Sanchez
    3B-Atkins, Encarnación, Evan Longoria
    SS-Greene
    OF-Holliday, Vladdy, Magglio, Hart

SP-Smoltz, Billingsley, Wainwright, Volquez, Lincecum, Buehrle
    RP-Cordero(WAS), Rauch, Speier, Soriano(ATL), Wilson (TEX)

. The OF is my strength, just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Picked up Edison Vólquez.

My team is stacked in the JI League..

C-Towles
    1B-Butler, Barton
    2B-Weeks, Sanchez
    3B-Atkins, Encarnación, Evan Longoria
    SS-Greene
    OF-Holliday, Vladdy, Magglio, Hart

SP-Smoltz, Billingsley, Wainwright, Volquez, Lincecum, Buehrle
    RP-Cordero(WAS), Rauch, Speier, Soriano(ATL), Wilson (TEX)

. The OF is my strength, just amazing.
    i have hart also....lets hope for big things. But if you think your lineup is stacked check this out...(all starters)

C Mauer
    1B Connor Jackson, Nick Johnson (DH)
    2B Pedroia
    3B Miggy, Braun (CI)
    SS Hanley, Furcal (MI)
    OF: Markakis, Hart, Kemp, Ankiel, Church

P: J. Weaver, B. Penny, Pappelbon, Broxton, Carmona, Betancourt, Marcum (i get points for holds, hence the 2 releivers)

i also have Jay Bruce, David Price, Kershaw (keeper league)

Great start lol... Mark Buehrle is getting ROCKED.

just to back up how beastly my team is..104 points and i still have Weaver and Mauer going later on....

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    But if you think your lineup is stacked check this out...(all starters)

P: J. Weaver, B. Penny, Pappelbon, Broxton, Carmona, Betancourt, Marcum (i get points for holds, hence the 2 releivers)
    That's why.

need a run from the angels....weaver on the hook leaving the game wiht 8 points from me. Worst case scenario him and mauer cancel each other out...

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    That's why.
    sorry i dont get it...

BTW Nick Johnson = stud

sorry i dont get it...
    It's a bad pitching staff for Fantasy. First off, I'd be suprised if you didn't finish last in Strikeouts. None of your starters (Your primary innings eaters) are particuarly good Strikeout guys. Only 1 closer, so you'll likely get killed in Saves without smart waiver wire searching.

I just think you neglected your pitching in favor of "Stacking" your lineup.

It's a bad pitching staff for Fantasy. First off, I'd be suprised if you didn't finish last in Strikeouts. None of your starters (Your primary innings eaters) are particuarly good Strikeout guys. Only 1 closer, so you'll likely get killed in Saves without smart waiver wire searching.

I just think you neglected your pitching in favor of "Stacking" your lineup.
    actualy to the cotrary, its not a category league thus the saves dont bother me. as far as strikeouts go they are only 1 point, so we are talking about maybe 50 points over the course of the season between a guy drafted in round 2 vs a guy drafted in round 5 or 6.....as far as releivers go after doing a statistical analysis of last years data it turned out that the difference between a closer and an elite setup man was also minimal...but the draft position difference was huge...so betancourt was a FA picked, Broxton was i think something like round 21 meanwhile they will get me the same amount of points as any closer outside of the top 5...also have to keep in mind that having releivers on winnigs teams = mucho holds...and mucho innings...

keep in mind...

1. setup guys pitch more innings then closers (3pts per IP)
    2. holds can be more frequent then saves
    3. difference between a hold and a save is 4 points

i think my pitching staff in the end will be top half of the league, and my sluggers will be top shelf....but thats just me.
    Last edited by K-Met57; 03-31-2008 at 10:50 PM.

actualy to the cotrary, its not a category league thus the saves dont bother me. as far as strikeouts go they are only 1 point, so we are talking about maybe 50 points over the course of the season between a guy drafted in round 2 vs a guy drafted in round 5 or 6.....as far as releivers go after doing a statistical analysis of last years data it turned out that the difference between a closer and an elite setup man was also minimal...but the draft position difference was huge...so betancourt was a FA picked, Broxton was i think something like round 21 meanwhile they will get me the same amount of points as any closer outside of the top 5...also have to keep in mind that having releivers on winnigs teams = mucho holds...and mucho innings...

i think my pitching staff in the end will be top half of the league, and my sluggers will be top shelf....but thats just me.
    ehh, I don't play Points leagues. So maybe, I'd have to look over the scoring.

Who would you guys rather have, Jacoby Ellsbury or Aaron Rowand? I have both and want to put one on the trading block. Who should I keep?

Also, is James Loney a good enough 1B starter (as opposed to a Kotchman/Konerko duo)?

ehh, I don't play Points leagues. So maybe, I'd have to look over the scoring.
    i did a categoies league once. It was a head to head and at the end of the week youd win like 10-8 or whatever it was....it was terrible i really really hated it. Here take a look at the scoring....

Scoring for Batting Categories
    1B - Singles 1 point
    2B - Doubles 2 points
    3B - Triples 3 points
    BB - Walks (Batters) 1 point
    HP - Hit by Pitch 1 point
    HR - Home Runs 4 points
    R - Runs 1 point
    RBI - Runs Batted In 1 point
    SB - Stolen Bases 2 points

Scoring for Pitching Categories
    BBI - Walks Issued (Pitchers) -1 point
    ER - Earned Runs -2 points
    HA - Hits Allowed -1 point
    HD - Holds 5 points
    INN - Innings 3 points
    K - Strikeouts (Pitcher) 1 point
    S - Saves 9 points
    W - Wins 10 points

i did a categoies league once. It was a head to head and at the end of the week youd win like 10-8 or whatever it was....it was terrible i really really hated it. Here take a look at the scoring....
    There's your first mistake, Roto is where it's at.

How about a thread for fantasy baseball questions/discussions? rather then polute the main board.

I picked up Nate McLouth off waivers, anyone know anything about him? looks like a possible steal on paper.
    McClouth 3 run jack.

McClouth 3 run jack.
    **** he is ridin my bench...i may have to start him over church.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Who would you guys rather have, Jacoby Ellsbury or Aaron Rowand? I have both and want to put one on the trading block. Who should I keep?

Also, is James Loney a good enough 1B starter (as opposed to a Kotchman/Konerko duo)?
    Konerko's the best 1B for fantasy. Loney is probably the best player out of the group. I'd take Ellsbury, but it depends on your team needs. The Giants lineup is just garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3 View Post
    Konerko's the best 1B for fantasy. Loney is probably the best player out of the group. I'd take Ellsbury, but it depends on your team needs. The Giants lineup is just garbage.
    id take Ellsbury as well....something just tells me rowand is going to be terrible in that park and that lineup....

McClouth 3 run jack.
    4RBI...bastard. Any chance this guy is worth starting week in and week out? watch him go hitless next week after i start him.