Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Tigers bullpen

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Tigers bullpen

    LOL, doesn't surprise me. Awful!

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,317
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most overrated team coming into the season. yeah, they'll score runs in bunches, but I don't see any improvement on the pitching staff. And if anyone tries to tell me Willis is, I'm not even going to consider reading your opinions again.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tigers bullpen- 0
    MLB- 1

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Tigers are the new Yankees.

  5. #5
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,305
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    The Tigers are the new Yankees.
    So, so true.. You can have an all-star line-up 1-9... But if you don't have pitching you dont have SHIIIIIIIIIIT!

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Most overrated team coming into the season. yeah, they'll score runs in bunches, but I don't see any improvement on the pitching staff. And if anyone tries to tell me Willis is, I'm not even going to consider reading your opinions again.
    How will we ever manage?

    The Tigers offense has received all the hype. The media and fans have readily acknowledged the pen was a question mark.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    C: Rodriguez < Posada
    1B: Guillen > Giambi (Could be a toss up)
    2B: Polanco < Cano
    3B: Cabrera < Rodriguez
    SS: Renteria < Jeter
    LF: Jones < Damon
    CF: Granderson > Cabrera (How long is Granderson out for? Insert Inge until he comes back)
    RF: Ordonez > Abreu
    DH: Sheffield > Matsui

    I wouldn't say there is much better, if at all better than the Yankees.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 03-31-2008 at 06:34 PM.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,459
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    C: Rodriguez < Posada
    1B: Guillen > Giambi (Could be a toss up)
    2B: Polanco < Cano
    3B: Cabrera < Rodriguez
    SS: Renteria < Jeter
    LF: Jones < Damon
    CF: Granderson > Cabrera (How long is Granderson out for? Insert Inge until he comes back)
    RF: Ordonez > Abreu
    DH: Sheffield > Matsui

    I wouldn't say there is much better, if at all better than the Yankees.
    I would say Cano and Polanco are basically a wash offensively. Cano will probably hit 10 more homers, but Polanco should hit for a higher average. Giambi is wishful thinking big time.
    Last edited by sjjetfan; 03-31-2008 at 06:42 PM.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    I would say Cano and Polanco are basically the same [INDENT]exact player offensively. Giambi is wishful thinking big time.
    I will totally disagree with Cano and Polanco, and I did pick Guillen over Giambi, but I think Giambi is going to have a big season, but I did pick Guillen. Polonco had a career year, he batted .341 when he is a career .305 hitter, his ops was .846, when his career ops is .764.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,459
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    I will totally disagree with Cano and Polanco, and I did pick Guillen over Giambi, but I think Giambi is going to have a big season, but I did pick Guillen. Polonco had a career year, he batted .341 when he is a career .305 hitter, his ops was .846, when his career ops is .764.
    Polancos last 3 years .331, .295, .341. The guy can hit. That is better then .297, .342, .306. Obviously Cano has more upside, but there is no reason to think Polanco wont hit .325-.335

    I know you picked Giambi I'm just not sure what would make you think he would be even close to 300 and 20hrs.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    Polancos last 3 years .331, .295, .341. The guy can hit. That is better then .297, .342, .306. Obviously Cano has more upside, but there is no reason to think Polanco wont hit .325-.335

    I know you picked Giambi I'm just not sure what would make you think he would be even close to 300 and 20hrs.
    I picked Guillen not Giambi...

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,526
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    Polancos last 3 years .331, .295, .341. The guy can hit. That is better then .297, .342, .306. Obviously Cano has more upside, but there is no reason to think Polanco wont hit .325-.335

    I know you picked Giambi I'm just not sure what would make you think he would be even close to 300 and 20hrs.
    I would not expect Giambi to hit .300 but I'm very confident he will hit AT LEAST 20 HR. He only played in half of the games last year and had 14. The 2 seasons before that in which he played the entire year he had 32 and 37. Like Sean said, I expect a big year from Giambi.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,317
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    How will we ever manage?

    The Tigers offense has received all the hype. The media and fans have readily acknowledged the pen was a question mark.

    LOL at the person posting this who thinks anyone respects his baseball opinions

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    Polancos last 3 years .331, .295, .341. The guy can hit. That is better then .297, .342, .306. Obviously Cano has more upside, but there is no reason to think Polanco wont hit .325-.335
    Good thing batting average means literally nothing. Cano is the better hitter and anyone would pick Cano over Polanco for the 2008 season.

    Here's how one should compare the Yankee offense vs. the Tigers offense. Last year the Yankees scored 968 runs and the Tigers scored 887. So, the question is did the Tigers make up the 81 runs and beyond from last year to this year and is the Yankee offense better or worse than last year. I think it will be close, but I do think the Yankees offense will still end up scoring more runs.

    As for the Tiger bullpen, it's horrendous. And their starting pitching ain't much better after Verlander. It will be their downfall this season and be the reason the Sox make the playoffs as the WC team.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    C: Rodriguez < Posada
    1B: Guillen > Giambi (Could be a toss up)
    2B: Polanco < Cano
    3B: Cabrera < Rodriguez
    SS: Renteria < Jeter
    LF: Jones < Damon
    CF: Granderson > Cabrera (How long is Granderson out for? Insert Inge until he comes back)
    RF: Ordonez > Abreu
    DH: Sheffield > Matsui

    I wouldn't say there is much better, if at all better than the Yankees.
    Problem is the Yanks line-up goes MIA in October lately.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    LOL at the person posting this who thinks anyone respects his baseball opinions
    Tell us again what position Ryan Braun plays? Stick to riding SR's coat tails sport.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,317
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Problem is the Yanks line-up goes MIA in October lately.
    Most lineup do. You face better pitching in the postseason.

    The Yankees failure in October in recent years has MUCH MUCH more to do with pitching than their offense.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us