Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carlos Gomez, Lastings Milledge

Carlos Gomez, Lastings Milledge

hurts watching gomez a bit less because we got santana back for him, but man its tough to watch these 2 guys shine.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    hurts watching gomez a bit less because we got santana back for him, but man its tough to watch these 2 guys shine.

it's only one game.....lol

as long as our guys work out for us then i really don't care that much at this point. it's done and nothing we can do about it anyway.

Jets Insider VIP
    Im with you on Lastings, although it has only been 2 games. I still think he is going to be a stud.

Gomez however i dont feel upset watching him perform well. He could turn into a hall of famer, and I still would have no remorse for trading him to get a guy like Johan. Hopefully the trade helps both teams.

Disagree

Gomez was used to get santana, its not like he was traded for Victor Zambrano, im actually enjopying watching him shine, im rooting for him as i am with Humber. Guerra is the one i think is gonna hurt us a lil but what are you gonna do

As for milledge, i still think the kid is gonna be a stud, but you know what, most star players with bad attitudes play for losing teams, team chemistry is big in my eyes and the unfortunatly Milledge wasnt getting along with the foundation of this team. It was a shrewd business move to trade him but it had to be done.Plus i like church, think he is gonna change some peoples mind aboiut him after seeing him play. And Schneider is a solid lunch pal type catcher that i have no beef with

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    Disagree

Gomez was used to get santana, its not like he was traded for Victor Zambrano, im actually enjopying watching him shine, im rooting for him as i am with Humber. Guerra is the one i think is gonna hurt us a lil but what are you gonna do

As for milledge, i still think the kid is gonna be a stud, but you know what, most star players with bad attitudes play for losing teams, team chemistry is big in my eyes and the unfortunatly Milledge wasnt getting along with the foundation of this team. It was a shrewd business move to trade him but it had to be done.Plus i like church, think he is gonna change some peoples mind aboiut him after seeing him play. And Schneider is a solid lunch pal type catcher that i have no beef with
    are you saying that you wouldnt take manny? or sheff? or Cabrera? i think the whole attitude thing gets overused...ill take guys who can play.

are you saying that you wouldnt take manny? or sheff? or Cabrera? i think the whole attitude thing gets overused...ill take guys who can play.
    Thats not the attitude problem im talkin bout, Manny is wierd, real wierd but always gets along with his teammates, and Canrerra besides the scott olsen incident, i dont remeber hearing him being a bad teammate. Lasting wasnt liked in the clubhouse, i dont care what they do on their own time, **** they could punch a girl in the face outside a night club, not my business but if they arent liked by there team mates they dont need to be here

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    Thats not the attitude problem im talkin bout, Manny is wierd, real wierd but always gets along with his teammates, and Canrerra besides the scott olsen incident, i dont remeber hearing him being a bad teammate. Lasting wasnt liked in the clubhouse, i dont care what they do on their own time, **** they could punch a girl in the face outside a night club, not my business but if they arent liked by there team mates they dont need to be here
    ehh there have been many many brash rookies that went on to greatness. i just think you have to cut the kids some slack.

I like Gomez alot, but you have to part with him for Johan Santana. It doesn't hurt me at all to see him do well (Granted, it's only 1 game). Instead, I'm very happy for the guy.

Milledge I think will be a good player, but I don't think he'll ever be great. My main concern is his complete inability to hit breaking balls. He might become the best fastball hitter in the league, but until he learns how to hit the breaking pitches he'll never be the Star he thinks he is. So I'm okay with the deal. I think Church and Schneider will be able to help this team alot more in 2008 then Milledge would have, and that's what matters for a team that's trying to win now.

ehh there have been many many brash rookies that went on to greatness. i just think you have to cut the kids some slack.
    agreed, but lastings has been a problem since he was a kid. He dropped to the mets because of legal problems. Now he was on the big club and wasnt liked by most the guys. Im all for rollin the dice and drafting him, seeing if he matures but if your on the big club and not gettin along with the rest of the team, a team that is a "supposed world series contender" that is realitivly young you gotta go.

Ever work with someone that noone liked? Its hard to be productive because nobody wants to do anything with this one person

His talent is there, his head is not, i hope it comes around for his sake but you gotta atleast be semi liked by the guys you suit up with everyday and go to battle with

Jets Insider VIP
    There is a difference. While Manny, Cabrera, and even Sheff to an extent have attitude/motivation problems, they are loved by their teammates and uber talented. An attitude problem when a guy is embraced by his teammates and loved by his fans is one thing. Milledge had/has an attitude problem and was not liked in the clubhouse at all by any of the veterans. That does spoil team chemistry where a guy like Manny (who is beloved) does not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Good posts AS. I made mine above before having read yours.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    I like Gomez alot, but you have to part with him for Johan Santana. It doesn't hurt me at all to see him do well (Granted, it's only 1 game). Instead, I'm very happy for the guy.

Milledge I think will be a good player, but I don't think he'll ever be great. My main concern is his complete inability to hit breaking balls. He might become the best fastball hitter in the league, but until he learns how to hit the breaking pitches he'll never be the Star he thinks he is. So I'm okay with the deal. I think Church and Schneider will be able to help this team alot more in 2008 then Milledge would have, and that's what matters for a team that's trying to win now.
    Agreed. He has awesome bat speed, but he is constantly waving at the breaking ball away. If i were pitching to him, I would give him a steady diet of sh!t in the dirt. He hasn't shown that he can lay off that pitch or hit the breaking ball away.

Gomez completely dominated that game last night.

I am not high on Milledge but good for him as well.

guys its 2 games lets not annoint gomez a stud yet and i agree milledge gas alot fo upside but im sure church and schenieder will do fine. remember we still have king fernando and hes only 19.

I think both will be studs but I make that Santana trade 100/100 times. And the Milledge trade, no comment. I think most mets feel the same way I do. I love what Schneider brings and I like Church but Milledge, I had the bond with.

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    There is a difference. While Manny, Cabrera, and even Sheff to an extent have attitude/motivation problems, they are loved by their teammates and uber talented. An attitude problem when a guy is embraced by his teammates and loved by his fans is one thing. Milledge had/has an attitude problem and was not liked in the clubhouse at all by any of the veterans. That does spoil team chemistry where a guy like Manny (who is beloved) does not.
    umm cabrara was NOT liked, infact he got traded for this reason among others...and anyways how do we know who likes who? i think these are all ASSumptions.

umm cabrara was NOT liked, infact he got traded for this reason among others...and anyways how do we know who likes who? i think these are all ASSumptions.
    it was pretty well documented that milledge wasnt having the easiest time in the clubhouse

"KNOW YOUR PLACE ROOK"

Rotoworld:
    Carlos Gomez went 3-for-4 with a double, two steals and an outfield assist Fr iday to lead the Twins to a 4-3 win over the Royals.

Now there are no undefeated teams left in baseball. It's the second time already that Gomez's speed has made him the key player in a one-run victory for the Twins. He had both a bunt single and an infield single to go along with the double tonight, and he's a perfect 4-for-4 in steal attempts on the season.
    -------------------

As stated at the time of the Johan trade, I'll give the Twins scouting dept the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. It's very very early but the Twins may have found their lead-off hitter for the next decade.

I watched the first inning of the twin game. Gomez was great. got on base then the twins fofense is so patient, he stole a base on like the 5th pitch of Mauer's AB. Good stuff.

Gomez I will miss...Milledge not so much.