Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: OT: Job/internship request

  1. #1

    OT: Job/internship request

    Hi,

    I'm a senior on track to graduate in May from Hamilton College with honors and departmental honors with anthropology. I originally intended to do graduate work at UVA, but it appears that funding issues are going to put that on hold indefinitely, so I need to search for a job. In addition to being a Jet fan, which should result in an immediate hire regardless, I have a strong academic record, editing experience, good oral communication skills and stellar written communication skills. I'm most trained to work in writing or PR, but I have a a diverse education and could adapt to a variety of things. CV available on request, and I would like to extend a sincere thank you to everybody who responds.

    - Jared Stipelman

  2. #2
    hmmm... where do you stand on Chad vs. Clemens?

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,151
    Robble robble!!

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    3,638
    Good luck in your search kid. Hitting the real world after college was a rough transition. I wish you the best.

  5. #5
    Clemens. I'll take unproven anything over demonstrated mediocrity.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,151
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar View Post
    Clemens. I'll take unproven anything over demonstrated mediocrity.
    It's intelligence like this that makes me wish I was in the position to give you an internship in anthropology.

  7. #7
    Good luck, hamburglar. The real world sucks and the job market is a ***** right now.

    Check out mediabistro.com for job listings and good forums.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    It's intelligence like this that makes me wish I was in the position to give you an internship in anthropology.
    +1

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Good luck, hamburglar. The real world sucks and the job market is a ***** right now.

    Check out mediabistro.com for job listings and good forums.
    I'm mostly just a little shocked and intimidated at the moment. I was pretty sure I was funded for grad school and had managed to defer the real world until I was 30.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar View Post
    I'm mostly just a little shocked and intimidated at the moment. I was pretty sure I was funded for grad school and had managed to defer the real world until I was 30.
    That sucks, sorry to hear that.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Good luck, hamburglar. The real world sucks and the job market is a ***** right now.

    Check out mediabistro.com for job listings and good forums.
    Are you in position to be giving job search tips?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    Are you in position to be giving job search tips?
    Are you kidding? I'm an expert on job searching. It's all I do.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    L.I
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar View Post
    Hi,

    I'm a senior on track to graduate in May from Hamilton College with honors and departmental honors with anthropology.

    Can you research the last time TX left his house? I think it was some time in the Mesoproteozoic era.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar View Post
    Hi,

    I'm a senior on track to graduate in May from Hamilton College with honors and departmental honors with anthropology. I originally intended to do graduate work at UVA, but it appears that funding issues are going to put that on hold indefinitely, so I need to search for a job. In addition to being a Jet fan, which should result in an immediate hire regardless, I have a strong academic record, editing experience, good oral communication skills and stellar written communication skills. I'm most trained to work in writing or PR, but I have a a diverse education and could adapt to a variety of things. CV available on request, and I would like to extend a sincere thank you to everybody who responds.

    - Jared Stipelman
    ah, i graduated from a nescac school this past spring. funny how those liberal arts degrees leave you able to do a little bit of everything...the hard part can be deciding what exactly to do with it.


    good luck man.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubby Brister View Post
    ah, i graduated from a nescac school this past spring. funny how those liberal arts degrees leave you able to do a little bit of everything...the hard part can be deciding what exactly to do with it.


    good luck man.
    Thank you, I picked a poor time to enter the job market. The real problem with a liberal arts degree is that one can earn it without acquiring any tangible skills. I' ve had a strong education that has resulted in an extremely cultivated mind, but the most specific skill I have acquired is 'I write well'. I feel as if I have the potential to excel in a wide range of fields but that this potential can't be unlocked because I lack real experience at doing anything other than attending school.


    Again, for anybody who may be reading this, I am interested in job or internship offers in nearly any field. CV available on request, you won't regret recruiting me.

    EDIT: I have no illusions about the pay that entry level jobs offer, I really am interested in ANY offer (even unpaid internships)
    Last edited by hamburglar; 04-02-2008 at 10:44 AM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSE View Post
    Can you research the last time TX left his house? I think it was some time in the Mesoproteozoic era.
    Possibly the devonian. His original house decayed around when life was first created, presumably he built his current one out of his own excrement like a hermit crab.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cocoa,FL
    Posts
    2,131
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar View Post
    Possibly the devonian. His original house decayed around when life was first created, presumably he built his current one out of his own excrement like a hermit crab.
    A year later, but that was funny as hell.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us