Thread: OT: Soupman packaged soups

OT: Soupman packaged soups

While not as good as straight from his kitchen they are excellent with Turkey chili and Seafood chowder (with quite large chunks of lobster meat!) are my favorite. Pricier option then some Progressive no doubt -but far superior!
    Discuss.

All Pro
    Soup Nazi selling out ended my childhood.

I had lobster bisque at the Garden, it was too salty. I never had it from his kitchen, was it that good?

Im all up in my Cambell's Select Chef Inspired Soup right now.

Beef with Roasted Barley > Soup Nazi

All League
    [IMG]http://www.originalsoupman.com/art/gradient_bg_c_rules.gif[/IMG]

A hot bowl of mulligatawny would hit the spot.

Mulligatawny?

Yes, it's a delightful Hindu concoction simmered to perfection by one of the great soup artisans in the modern era.

I went to his store a couple times in the Downtown/Wall Street area... way, wayy too expensive. The soup is good, but let's be serious. I'm not going to pay 15 bucks for a cup of soup and half a sandwich to go.

[QUOTE=RussianGreen;2459605]While not as good as straight from his kitchen they are excellent with Turkey chili and Seafood chowder (with quite large chunks of lobster meat!) are my favorite. Pricier option then some Progressive no doubt -but far superior!
    Discuss.[/QUOTE]

You get gayer by the minute.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;2459610]Soup Nazi selling out ended my childhood.

I had lobster bisque at the Garden, it was too salty. I never had it from his kitchen, was it that good?[/QUOTE]

yes, the lobster bisque from the Soup Nazi was friggin delicious. Sure it was about $15, but the large chunks of lobster made it worthwhile. Not your everyday lunch destination, to be sure, but once in a while, it was definitely worth it.

I recently moved around the corner from his original spot....very disappointing that he's no longer there. I have yet to try soup from any of his new locations --sounds like its not worth it.

[QUOTE=FoxboroFanatic2;2459621]You get gayer by the minute.[/QUOTE]

Stay away from important soup discussion if you have nothing to add troll.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FoxboroFanatic2;2459621]You get gayer by the minute.[/QUOTE]

You're on fire today FF2!

[QUOTE=crasherino;2459629]yes, the lobster bisque from the Soup Nazi was friggin delicious. Sure it was about $15, but the large chunks of lobster made it worthwhile. Not your everyday lunch destination, to be sure, but once in a while, it was definitely worth it.

I recently moved around the corner from his original spot....very disappointing that he's no longer there. I have yet to try soup from any of his new locations --sounds like its not worth it.[/QUOTE]

Well packed soups are only 5-8 bucks in a grocery store (15 oz). Convenient as well.

[QUOTE=RussianGreen;2459638]Well packed soups are only 5-8 bucks in a grocery store (15 oz). Convenient as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sally. Did you see that on The View today?

[QUOTE=FoxboroFanatic2;2459639]Thanks Sally. Did you see that on The View today?[/QUOTE]

Hi troll, I am eating a delicios soup right now and you are not! Ask mam to fetch you some pudding.

[QUOTE=RussianGreen;2459644]Hi troll, I am eating a delicios soup right now.[/QUOTE]

Your string of fascinating posts continues.

They just added the Soup Man to my college main cafeteria......theres always a long line and the prices are ridic......is it that worth it?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2459620]I went to his store a couple times in the Downtown/Wall Street area... way, wayy too expensive. The soup is good, but let's be serious. I'm not going to pay 15 bucks for a cup of soup and half a sandwich to go.[/QUOTE]

That's crazy. No soup is worth that much.

Unless of course it comes with a handjob by a beautiful German wench dressed in Oktoberfest costume.
    Last edited by Jordy; 04-01-2008 at 02:32 PM.

but is soup a meal?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Jordy;2459671]That's crazy. No soup is worth that much.

Unless of course it comes with a handjob by a beautiful German wench dressed in Oktoberfest costume.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, the handjob was $5 extra