Thread: Bannister shutting out the Tigers through 4

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Bannister shutting out the Tigers through 4

Wow at least we got a lot out of that trade right?

Crappy crappy day so far.

EDIT: Through 7!!!!!

2 hits 0 Runs
    Last edited by Tony Danza; 04-02-2008 at 02:57 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bannister would look nice as a #5 starter. Sucks that Burgos had to get TJ, he has rediculous stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was a great deal at the time, Bannister is a junk-throwing Righty. Burgos had an electric arm and great stuff and had future closer written all over him. You make that trade 10 times out of 10.

It just sucks that Burgos went and got hurt and Bannister has been playing well over his head. At least we'll be done hearing about him though when he has a 5.00 ERA in August.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Bannister would look nice as a #5 starter. Sucks that Burgos had to get TJ, he has rediculous stuff.
    I like Bannister a lot when he came up strong in 2006. If not for him getting hurt who knows, maybe he would be our number 5.

As for Burgos, he has great stuff but how many times does Omar expect to find great pitchers who haven't gotten it yet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bannister pitching a 2 hitter through 7.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bannister pitching a 2 hitter through 7.
    Who wants to bet Ollie plays "lets find the strikezone" tonigth and walks all of dolphin stadium.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bannister is my favorite non-Yankee pitcher, although I still am not sure if he'll make it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    It was a great deal at the time, Bannister is a junk-throwing Righty. Burgos had an electric arm and great stuff and had future closer written all over him. You make that trade 10 times out of 10.

It just sucks that Burgos went and got hurt and Bannister has been playing well over his head. At least we'll be done hearing about him though when he has a 5.00 ERA in August.
    Damn you were right lol.

Bannister gave up 13 hits in 6 2/3 innings, ERA is now 4.46 and whip 1.25. His first 3 starts he was flawless, last 4

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn you were right lol.

Bannister gave up 13 hits in 6 2/3 innings, ERA is now 4.46 and whip 1.25. His first 3 starts he was flawless, last 4
    Still, a 4.46 ERA isn't bad in the AL. Saying that, lets see where he ends up. Personally I think if Bannister is going to succeed it would be in the NL, and even then I'm not so sure. I'm rooting for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Still, a 4.46 ERA isn't bad in the AL. Saying that, lets see where he ends up. Personally I think if Bannister is going to succeed it would be in the NL, and even then I'm not so sure. I'm rooting for him.
    He was amazing to start the season out. I'm just saying how everyone gets a book and are figured out. He doesn't have overwhelming stuff but he is a very smart pitcher but you can only last so far with smarts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It wasn't exactly a bold prediction, all I suggested was that he was going to eventually live up to his xFIP. His peripherials are a little better this year though so I would modify the 5.00 prediction to 4.75 or so in hindsight though.