Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Liberal/Conservative Question

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Liberal/Conservative Question

Because our politics are different between countries, I thought it might be handy for an HONEST assessment of the two viewpoints, to see where we are similar and different in political ideas between Canada and U.S.

Would help me follow along on some of the threads more....

SO, top 10 ideals/ideas/platforms of Liberals, and same for Conservatives...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh boy, you opened up a can of worms! What you're going to get is the most distorted, knee-jerk opinions of both sides... just watch...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    A liberal = someone who could be raped/mugged/murdered/stolen from etc....and believe that they had it coming and that the person that did it should be helped out and not blamed or criticized in any way.

A conservative = rich/white/rich/white and rich someone who could be raped/mugged/murdered/stolen from and thinks that not only should that person be killed but their family should suffer as well. But someone else should do it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYSE;2461612]A liberal = someone who could be raped/mugged/murdered/stolen from etc....and believe that they had it coming and that the person that did it should be helped out and not blamed or criticized in any way.

A conservative = rich/white/rich/white and rich someone who could be raped/mugged/murdered/stolen from and thinks that not only should that person be killed but their family should suffer as well. But someone else should do it.[/QUOTE]

I warned you, CS....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    But seriously...

My views of what makes a liberal and what makes a conservative

Liberal: keep religion where it belongs: church, temple, mosque, your own home...and no where else. Social economic programs..spend, spend, spend till you spend enough that you don't feel guilty about having it better than someone else. Political correctness to a fault when it concerns someone different than you in some way...but overly critical of what you perceive to be your own.

That being said...I agree with a lot of their views concerning individual rights as far as what I do is my own biz as long as im not hurting someone else. Also concerning nudity and sex...the only time I think its inappropriate is if I have to see it with either my mom, grandmother or my kid:D Otherwise I encourage it.

I think liberals are too apologetic and sometimes don't have a realistic grasp of what other people are capable of doing or how their beliefs are dangerous to us as Americans.

Conservatives on the other hand are too uptight, hypocritical and incestuous in the sense that its still for the most part...and ol boys club. As a "middle class American" who earns enough to not be eligible for tax rebates and such....there should be no reason for me to vote Republican at this point. I think there are times when Conservative Republicans are quick to shoot first and ask questions later...but im also not going to complain too much because I feel much safer with a republican in office than I do a Democrat. I believe Conservatives are capitalistic minded...more so than Democrats. They believe in retaining personal wealth more than liberals. The real bone I have to pick with Conservatives is over religion and censorship. I do not need someone to tell me what is right or wrong based on their beliefs. Of course the standard 10 commandment/basic rules murder,stealing etc.... should be followed regardless of religious affiliation but some of the other rules that govern the lives of conservatives whether they be catholic, jewish, muslim, hindu, bhuddist or anything else are in my mind completely absurd and lack the most basic of common sense...but if that is what they want to believe than so be them...but do not tell me or my family that we should have to abide by them as well.

Unfortunately this country is a two party country....and neither of them have common sense at the top of their lists.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    a conservative is just a liberal with a mortgage....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;2461649]a conservative is just a liberal with a mortgage....[/QUOTE]

never heard that before. pretty funny.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conservatives- Belief that government is designed to protect the liberty of its people. Government is limited and decentralized. Strong belief in Life, Liberty, and Property. Individual rights are important. Motto: Don't tread on me.

Liberals- Belief that government has the responsibility to take care of its citizens. Government makes important decisions in the lives of its people including the replacement of private industry with government programs. Government is large and power is centralized. Motto: Leave no one behind.