Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: The Media Does Not Slant Left.. I PROMISE

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

The Media Does Not Slant Left.. I PROMISE

"Even in the conversations we have as colleagues, there is a sense of trying especially hard not to drink the Kool-Aid. It’s so rapturous, everything around him [Barack Obama]. All these huge rallies."

— Correspondent Lee Cowan, who covers Obama for NBC News, as quoted by New York Times reporter Jacques Steinberg in a March 1 story.

"If you’ve never been to an Obama rally before, a word of advice: go early. Think Springsteen concerts, but the tickets are free....Inside, they felt the warm glow of hope.... Obama’s true believers respond as though they’ve spent their whole lives out in the cold....Young people hoping that Obama can redeem politics from mere partisanship; black people hoping he can finally achieve Martin Luther King’s dream; white people hoping he can redeem America from the sins of slavery and segregation. It is hard to see how any politician, a mere human, can achieve all that, but it will be very interesting to watch."

— ABC’s David Wright on Nightline, February 19.

Newsweek’s Eleanor Clift: "Women have waited decades to see the first woman president, and it’s actually something of a tragedy that a talented African-American guy comes along at the same — this isn’t liberal guilt."
    Columnist Pat Buchanan: "Why is it a tragedy?"
    Clift: "Because you have to choose between two people who you-"
    Buchanan: "That’s a tragedy?"
    Clift: "I call it a tragedy, yes. Because people, women, women in particular are having a very hard time deciding here....They are both class-act people. And I am proud as a citizen to see that both of them are in contention."

— The McLaughlin Group, March 2.

Co-host Diane Sawyer: "So, George, on the scandal Richter scale, one to ten, what does — where does this rank?"
    ABC’s George Stephanopoulos: "Somewhere between a six and seven, Diane. I think it’s a damaging story, there’s no question about that."

— ABC’s Good Morning America, February 21.

Jim Rutenberg, who was the lead reporter on this; Bill Keller, who’s the editor who made the decision — these are not ordinary journalists. These are outstanding journalists and that probably needs to be said. Now, if they can’t back it up any further than they have it, they’re in a heap of trouble. But, on the record, it deserves to be said these are very responsible journalists."

— Dan Rather on the February 24 Chris Matthews Show talking about the anti-McCain New York Times story.

Co-host Joy Behar: "Is there any possibility that the right wing of the party, the real conservative Limbaugh, Huckabee, that group, planted this article?...Because they’re the ones who are trying to really cut him out, cut his legs off....Is that too conspiratorial?"
    Co-host Whoopi Goldberg: "Nothing is impossible."

— Exchange on ABC’s The View, February 21. (About NYT McCain Article)

"[New York City Mayor Michael] Bloomberg’s plan all along was, to run, was to see two nominees on the extremes — people who were more partisan or more associated with the extreme wings of their party. He ended up with two guys [McCain and Obama] who are centrists."

— Time senior political analyst Mark Halperin on CNN’s American Morning, February 28.

• "Please note Fidel did bring social reforms to Cuba — namely free education and universal health care, and racial integration — in addition to being criticized for oppressing human rights and freedom of speech."
    • "While despised by some, he is seen as a revolutionary hero, especially with leftists in Latin America, for standing up to the United States."

— Excerpts from an internal CNN memo from one-time Havana bureau producer Allison Flexner, guiding CNN reporters on how to discuss the resignation of Cuban dictator Fidel Castro, February 19.

"Obama's rock star status is reaching historic levels. His rallies attract more fans than a Hannah Montana concert and seats are impossible to get. Believe me I've tried"

-CBS Early Show Harry Smith April 1st

Think of the race as a pro wrestling match between Martin Luther King and Eleanor Roosevelt. Whoever loses, it will be America that winds up feeling bruised.”

- ABC Good Morning America Claire Shipman

I wondered, would I be able to do him justice? Would I be able to express the way the edges of his mouth curl up ever so slightly when he laughs? The gentle rise and fall of his chest as he falls asleep on the campaign plane, still radiating that million dollar smile that says, ‘You get it, Lee. You're the only one who does.'

When I saw that Saturday Night Live skit of the news guy with a ‘man crush’ on Obama, I was a little jealous to discover I wasn't the only one who felt that way.”

- NBC's Lee Cowan

He's so sharp and dignified, he can make any suit look good....He just looks so refined and — oh, I don't know. I'd totally drink his bath water.”

- Today NBC Meredith Vieira April 1

“A couple of months ago, I said his speeches caused a thrill up my leg. Tonight he was even more impressive — I got a tingle in my shorts.”

- Chris Mathews MNSNC

"They come in droves, by the tens of thousands at times, to hear Barack Obama speak....With soaring rhetoric, Obama is moving his audiences not just politically, but emotionally. Even some political commentators who’ve seen it all can’t help but gush....The stoic eloquence channels John F. Kennedy."

- Correspondent Tracy Smith on CBS’s The Early Show, February 14.

THATS ALL IN 2 MONTHS

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's amazing look at all these quotes... All this and MediaMatters fills it's pages up with only the "Fixed News Channel"?????

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is not one quote from Fox News.

How dare they not pay homage to the almighty Obama!!!

Damn conservative media at it again.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;2462571]There is not one quote from Fox News.

How dare they not pay homage to the almighty Obama!!!

Damn conservative media at it again.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHA..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JerseyJet2007;2462553]

“A couple of months ago, I said his speeches caused a thrill up my leg. Tonight he was even more impressive — I got a tingle in my shorts.”

- Chris Mathews MNSNC

[/QUOTE]

WTF? :eek:

Is that a joke?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man, I thought it was a joke, but apparently not.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpn7fxNNnXI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpn7fxNNnXI[/URL]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would the media like McCain? His own party doesn't even like him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2462823]Why would the media like McCain? His own party doesn't even like him.[/QUOTE]

I guess the point is that they're supposed to be objective -- not gizzing on themselves like Chris Mathews.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris Mathews is not a news person. Although, I think what he said was incredibly wierd.

But according to the rightwing the left media loves Hillary. Gotta make up your mind.

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2462864]I guess the point is that they're supposed to be objective -- not gizzing on themselves like Chris Mathews.[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2462875]Chris Mathews is not a news person. Although, I think what he said was incredibly wierd.

But according to the rightwing the left media loves Hillary. Gotta make up your mind.[/QUOTE]

I think the media loved Hillary until Obama came along...then she got thrown under the bus.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    You gotta love the Main Stream Media. They're so busy eye f'n Obama that they forget to report on things that matter about the election. Things like his and the other candidates stances on key issues.