Thread: Obama's a problem for Jesse and Al

Obama's a problem for Jesse and Al

[QUOTE]Black South Carolina state Sen. Robert Ford (a Democrat), back in February 2007, warned against a 2008 Democratic ticket headed by Sen. Barack Obama. Ford said, "It's a slim possibility for (Obama) to get the nomination, but then everybody else is doomed. Every Democrat running on that ticket next year would lose because he's black and he's top of the ticket. We'd lose the House and the Senate and the governors and everything. I'm a gambling man. I love Obama. But I'm not going to kill myself."

Jesse Jackson, too, criticized Obama, during the so-called Jena Six matter. Authorities in Louisiana charged five of six black youths with attempted murder for beating a white teenager unconscious. Jackson felt Barack Obama insufficiently critical, and said, "(Obama) needs to stop acting like he's white."

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson's soul mate, also sounded alarms against Obama, saying, "Just because you're our color doesn't make you our kind." Sharpton also asked, "Why shouldn't the black community ask questions? Are we now being told, 'You all just shut up'?" after a published report that he was jealous of Obama's campaign -- an accusation which, according to Sharpton, came from the Obama camp. Some thought Sharpton jealous of Obama, but Sharpton called such an assertion a ruse, an effort to get an early endorsement from him. "I'm not going to be cajoled or intimidated by any candidate," Sharpton said, "not for my support." A New York Observer editorial said, "The petulant Mr. Sharpton is telling people that Mr. Obama is 'a candidate driven by white leadership.'" Sharpton threw his support to Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y.

For the race-hustling firm of Sharpton & Jackson, Obama creates a dilemma.

[/QUOTE]

[url=http://www.townhall.com/columnists/LarryElder/2008/01/10/obama_surge_creates_problems_for_jesse_and_al]more[/url]

If Obama wins the prez, Jesse and Al's victimization schemes, which puts lots of money in their pockets, will be shot.

So are blacks oppressed yet? No!

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are irrelevant.

Heck, this may be one of the best reasons to vote for Obama.

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2465020]Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are irrelevant.

Heck, this may be one of the best reasons to vote for Obama.[/QUOTE]

+1

All Pro
    Its absolutely incredible that those two, who gawk and b!tch at every racially divisive issue, are making statements that Obama "needs to stop acting like he's white" and that he's bad/not deserving of their support because he's "driven by white leadership."

So, if they see some segregative or racially divisive issue they b!tch, but its entirely OK for them to hate Obama because he's being too white?

How hilarious is this irony? And how equally absurd is it that they just threw their support to Hillary because she's "the opposition"?

Eh, whatever. They can do whatever they want. It won't affect me much.

Larry Elder, that is who you are going to listen to about what is good or bad for the Democratic party? Come on now, what do you have next? Karl Rove about what Hillary is doing wrong?

[QUOTE=asuusa;2465011][url=http://www.townhall.com/columnists/LarryElder/2008/01/10/obama_surge_creates_problems_for_jesse_and_al]more[/url]

If Obama wins the prez, Jesse and Al's victimization schemes, which puts lots of money in their pockets, will be shot.

So are blacks oppressed yet? No![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2466393]Larry Elder, that is who you are going to listen to about what is good or bad for the Democratic party? Come on now, what do you have next? Karl Rove about what Hillary is doing wrong?[/QUOTE]

My bad, only black liberal editorialists are worth listening to!:rolleyes:

And if Hillary was smart she'd try to hire Rove...(don't know if he would or not) but now that he's not in the WH advising W and out on the news circuits, we're finding out how brilliant he really is and why W won both times.

Color has nothing to do with Elder is a die hard rightwinger.

[QUOTE=asuusa;2466408]My bad, only black liberal editorialists are worth listening to!:rolleyes:

And if Hillary was smart she'd try to hire Rove...(don't know if he would or not) but now that he's not in the WH advising W and out on the news circuits, we're finding out how brilliant he really is and why W won both times.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2466409]Color has nothing to do with Elder is a die hard rightwinger.[/QUOTE]

Just like hillary and barack are both die hard leftwingers! Color has nothing to do with it! Although some think barack anchors the left end!

Do you always ignore you own threads to bring up different sh*t?

[QUOTE=asuusa;2466413]Just like hillary and barack are both die hard leftwingers! Color has nothing to do with it! Although some think barack anchors the left end![/QUOTE]