Thread: Crazy MLB Standings as of 4/6/08...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Crazy MLB Standings as of 4/6/08...

AL East:
    Boston is the worst team in the AL East. Yankees are 2nd worst. Tampa Bay is over .500. Baltimore leads the division.

AL Central: White Sox and Royals lead the central. Cleveland is at .500 Detroit Tigers are 0-6.

AL West: Angels lead the division. (not a big shock) Seattle is in last place.

NL East:
    Mets and Phillies are at the bottom of their division. Atlanta and Florida lead the division.

Also of note, Rockies are 1-5.

Obviously, i don't read anything into this at all. Just thought it was funny that this is how the season has started.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm stunned the Tigers are 0-6.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    baseball seasons are tooooo long for me to enjoy

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    baseball seasons are tooooo long for me to enjoy
    +10000000, i like opening day and the last week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    As am I. Not that they can't turn it around, but there weaknesses are really sticking out right now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    I'm 100% not. Their pitching is a joke. Literally, it is horrendous. They have one good pitcher and that's it. Their bullpen is hilariously bad and they have no farm system to get anyone else. Offenses go through slumps throughout the year and that is obviously happening to them now, but when it does, you need your pitching to step up a bit here and there and their terrible pitching can't do that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    I'm 100% not. Their pitching is a joke. Literally, it is horrendous. They have one good pitcher and that's it. Their bullpen is hilariously bad and they have no farm system to get anyone else. Offenses go through slumps throughout the year and that is obviously happening to them now, but when it does, you need your pitching to step up a bit here and there and their terrible pitching can't do that.
    Whatever happened to Bonderman? He was pretty good for them a few years ago.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maury420 View Post
    Whatever happened to Bonderman? He was pretty good for them a few years ago.
    Verlander has looked like $hit too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anything can happen in a 5 game sample size in baseball, that's why the playoffs are generally a carp shoot, and the best team rarely wins.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    AL East:
    Boston is the worst team in the AL East. Yankees are 2nd worst. Tampa Bay is over .500. Baltimore leads the division.

AL Central: White Sox and Royals lead the central. Cleveland is at .500 Detroit Tigers are 0-6.

AL West: Angels lead the division. (not a big shock) Seattle is in last place.

NL East:
    Mets and Phillies are at the bottom of their division. Atlanta and Florida lead the division.

Also of note, Rockies are 1-5.

Obviously, i don't read anything into this at all. Just thought it was funny that this is how the season has started.
    That one isn't a suprise, Tampa Bay has an excellent young team that's only going to get better when Kazmir, Longoria, and possibly some of their young pitchers come up.

They're very much legit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely surprised with the tigers. While there pitching is miserable, I thought there bats would of been able to bail them out, or at least show up.

The Rays are definitely scary right now, and on paper.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see who's for real

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    That one isn't a suprise, Tampa Bay has an excellent young team that's only going to get better when Kazmir, Longoria, and possibly some of their young pitchers come up.

They're very much legit.
    Tampa has definitely improved and i wouldn't be shocked either. My point was that Tampa has never had .500 or better season. Hell, their best season was 70-91... If that's not noteworthy then what is?

Tampa has never had a problem hitting, it's about the pitching. Their bullpen still kind of sucks. Once David Price, Shields, and Kazmir stabilize the rotation, they'll be very good. And if they can harness Edwin Jackson they could be downright nasty.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post

They're very much legit.
    I'm not surprised either. I doubt they will keep it up all year and be in serious contention for a playoff spot, but they are definitely headed in the right direction. They need to develop those stud pitchers they have in the minors before they become serious contenders IMO. Their rotation and bullpen aren't good enough just yet.